FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   amex plat no longer needed to enter clubs, if card stored in profile (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1950482-amex-plat-no-longer-needed-enter-clubs-if-card-stored-profile.html)

runningformqm Jan 11, 2019 11:27 am

amex plat no longer needed to enter clubs, if card stored in profile

As of a few weeks ago Ive noticed that about 90% of the time you no longer need to have your amex plat card swipped to enter the clubs.

Was initially told the (actual) enhancement was only when your bp is scanned with the handheld devices but now ive noticed it usually also works when they scan the bp at the desk.

SDQBound Jan 11, 2019 11:34 am

Originally Posted by runningformqm (Post 30641894)
As of a few weeks ago Ive noticed that about 90% of the time you no longer need to have your amex plat card swipped to enter the clubs.

Was initially told the (actual) enhancement was only when your bp is scanned with the handheld devices but now ive noticed it usually also works when they scan the bp at the desk.

How do the system knows you are eligible to access using the Plat card?

VFR Jan 11, 2019 11:35 am

It's possible that they store the card information if you've entered a club with it before.

kxc262 Jan 11, 2019 11:39 am

Confirmed - SFO Skyclub agents stated that the card just needs to be added to your virtual wallet on Delta - they can access the card data from there.

runningformqm Jan 11, 2019 11:41 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound (Post 30641932)
How do the system knows you are eligible to access using the Plat card?

was told it just has to be linked...assume that means in your profile

NoStressHere Jan 11, 2019 3:13 pm

AA / Admirals Club has done this with the Citibank EXEC card as well. Just show your AA card/wallet on the phone, they scan and in you go.

(and - until Nov of this year, you do not even have to be flying on AA)

WheelsFirst Jan 12, 2019 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere (Post 30642836)
AA / Admirals Club has done this with the Citibank EXEC card as well. Just show your AA card/wallet on the phone, they scan and in you go.

(and - until Nov of this year, you do not even have to be flying on AA)

I think that’s different because the citi aa exec card gives you membership and is linked to your advantage number whereas the Amex platinum is not a DL specific rewards card.

Duke787 Jan 12, 2019 10:12 pm

Nice (actual) enhancement. Can make entry more streamlined and adds a layer of protection if you accidentally forget your card on a trip.

cometcoins Jan 12, 2019 11:33 pm

does that mean I can add my spouse's platinum card in my virtual wallet and then I can get access?

CKDGM Jan 13, 2019 2:26 am

The next question (which I will probably find the answer to in a few days) is whether this will also work with the CLEAR fingerprint scanners at the check-in desk.

xliioper Jan 13, 2019 5:04 am

Originally Posted by cometcoins (Post 30647740)
does that mean I can add my spouse's platinum card in my virtual wallet and then I can get access?

I can't imagine this would actually work. The system is almost certainly going to do a name match on the ticketed flyer vs. the named card member just as agents do when presented with a physical card. The DL T&C's are quite clear on this subject -- "Access is non-transferable and can only be used by the Card Member".

josephstern Jan 13, 2019 7:33 am

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 30648291)
I can't imagine this would actually work. The system is almost certainly going to do a name match on the ticketed flyer vs. the named card member just as agents do when presented with a physical card. The DL T&C's are quite clear on this subject -- "Access is non-transferable and can only be used by the Card Member".

I’m pretty sure you could just type your own name in there.

Often1 Jan 13, 2019 7:44 am

I can't imagine that is the case. Would be the same thing as handing an old membership card to a buddy so he can use while he's traveling and you don't need it.

While the new feature is a convenience, it is also yet one more identity theft risk. The more "profiles" in which you store CC data, the greater your risk.

pvn Jan 13, 2019 7:57 am

Originally Posted by cometcoins (Post 30647740)

let us know how this works out

ryandc99 Jan 24, 2019 2:03 pm

This system worked for me today. Pretty impressed and much easier than pulling the card out every time!