Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions! First time in D1...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Asking because I don't know: You can now pre-order D1 meals on inbound flights (to US)? I've only gotten it on outbound flights but my last "scheduled" D1 inbound was last summer.
Yes, at least on some routes. DL is expanding the preordering option and AFAIK it will eventually include all international D1 flights.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:56 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by griffy208
pvn: I thought partner lounges were no longer allowing this in 2019?
zorak: I will certainly "bring me back some Scotch" ;-)
THe changes to partner lounges in 2019 are specifically limited to skyclub members. Business class passengers on flights from the US to UK (and vice versa) can access both sky club and clubhouse.
griffy208 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Congrats griffy208 on your upcoming first D1 flight! On the pre-ordering of your meal, if you wanted a special meal, such as the Asian vegetarian or Hindu meal, you can probably order that right now for your flight! On the DL website when you look at the itinerary, if you click on special meals, you'll see that you can order a special meal right now, like halal or kosher. Just in case you want to experiment. If you happen to be a vegetarian, I hazard the Asian vegetarian is the best compromise. Have fun!
griffy208 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Thanks for the info on the partner lounges. I'll take a look at special meals, but I imagine the 'defaults' would suit me just fine ;-)

Still going back and forth on seats. Being my first time, I'd want to get the full service 'experience' so I'm thinking aisle would be best, but the window seats in row 1 look nice and private too. I'll keep hoping for both.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

You’re still allowed into KL/AF clubs if your method of entry is either as a SkyTeam Elite Plus (which one has a Delta Gold Medallion or higher) on an International ticket or as International Business Class on a SkyTeam airline. It was access as a SkyClub member that was terminated for entry into AF/KL lounges. But as mentioned, since AF uses T1 at JFK which you can’t access unless you have a boarding for a flight/airline flying out of T1, this won’t be an option.

At EDI, looks like you’ll have access to the Aspire Lounge:
https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/l...nburgh%20(EDI)
I confirmed Aspire earlier today. I will be with a guest traveling coach on BA and would not want to use the lounge if I couldn't also bring them in. Any chance I can bring a complimentary guest?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
I confirmed Aspire earlier today. I will be with a guest traveling coach on BA and would not want to use the lounge if I couldn't also bring them in. Any chance I can bring a complimentary guest?
Sorry, Delta One passengers only for third-party lounges, no guests.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll have to let you know, but I don't see why direction should matter. Though with Delta it takes far less than that to justify a weird policy...
Of course it matters. The catering facility used at the originating airport has to have the capabilities to receive the pre-orders for each flight and ensure that the right number of meals are sent to and loaded onto the flight to satisfy the preorders. And the FAs need to get a printout of who preordered what. None of this happens by magic.

I had preorder on JFK-FRA in September, but not FRA-JFK. As mentioned, more stations are being added to the program, and I guess eventually all airports will offer it. Not sure if it’s just international long-haul business class or will go beyond to all premium cabins, like AA has.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Okay... This is a good point. I stand corrected. :-) I'm sure I'll get fed regardless of whether or not I preorder, so it should be fine.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by pvn
FWIW I find the differences between T4 and T2 clubs to be negligible in most cases. T4 has showers and the deck (and the JFK deck is overrated IMO compared to (eg) ATL F). Otherwise they're essentially interchangeable.
Interesting. I hands down prefer T4. It's virtually impossible to see out the window at T2, it feels very interior and small with the low ceilings, there is no hot food (like the catering style chicken and rice, there's no plug at the bar seats, and there's no deck.

I'm surprised you find the T4 deck overrated compared to ATL F. I have been to ATL F a few times and hated it. I left and went to E.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.