Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can FA’s or anyone else do anything about an insanely loud snorer (red-eye)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can FA’s or anyone else do anything about an insanely loud snorer (red-eye)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by dmarge18
That being said, I was on a SEA-JFK redeye once, seated in F, and typically sleep well with 2 beers, 2 Midnite tablets, eye shades, and noise cancelling headphones. I was sleeping well until someone in front me of me farted so loudly it woke me, which is shocking in its own right with all the noise on a plane.
Makes me think of John C. Reilly in Step Brothers: “I thought it was going to be silent.”
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Reason number 25 not to take redeyes. The other 24 reasons are the 24 hours you'll suffer after doing so.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
easiest solution is tiny cheap earplugs, i pack 2 pair into my must-have mini-kit for every flight.

a flight attendant is never going to wake up a snoring person, it's just too awkward. debatably rude to the sleeper who isn't being loud on purpose.

as a passenger, i MIGHT try "oops" shaking the guy's seat to see if it wakes or silents him but that's off the record, probably rude, and an FA could never do that in their official capacity. but depending on whether i thought i could get away with it....i surely would try.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA/OW Sapphire, TK/*A Gold
Of course I would wake the person up. People get woken up for a thousand reasons; be it by the FA for food service or by the neighbour becasue he/she needs to go to the bathroom. I simply don't think one person not disturbed justifies 20 others being disturbed. Nevermind plane or bus and nevermind the "offender" being aware of it or not.

Last edited by overseasplease; Dec 13, 2018 at 12:59 pm
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
it's PUBLIC transport so suck it up.

If you were the loud snorer how would you react if an FA woke you up? Yeah you wouldn't like it would you.

Still you got to post about it on here/
I would be glad they woke me up
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta DM
Had a flight from hell as the guy next to me snored the whole time in FC. This is the only time I wished I was in the back of the plane. Some people just DGAF. I had earphones, but they didn't help. Left the noise-cancelling ones at home. Just my luck.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by golfr
Had a flight from hell as the guy next to me snored the whole time in FC. This is the only time I wished I was in the back of the plane. Some people just DGAF. I had earphones, but they didn't help. Left the noise-cancelling ones at home. Just my luck.
seriously. just shake the guy's seat back - vigorously - until he wakes up on his own. pretend it wasn't you. passive aggressive? sure. still the best option.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
I know I snore at times and if I am on a red eye or TA flight I tell the person next to me ahead of time that I might fall asleep and snore. I invite them to politely nudge me if I do so they know it's ok to wake me. So far people have always thought that this was a nice thing to do.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:28 pm

Because it's personal, right? The *only* reason that person is snoring is because you find it annoying. Pretty lucky for them that they were able to snag a seat not only on your flight, but close enough to you to ensure maximum effectiveness!
CO-PLAT and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
... Some people just DGAF. ...
Wow. You do understand he is sleeping and has no ability to control this?

People who watch videos in public spaces on their phones with the volume loud deserve a DGAF,
People who at the head of line carrying on some dumb feel good conversation while other wait deserve a DGAF.
People who spread out their stuff and themselves into other's area (think tight airline seats) deserve a DGAF,

But somebody sleeping??
CO-PLAT, wrp96 and Badenoch like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe
Wow. You do understand he is sleeping and has no ability to control this?

People who watch videos in public spaces on their phones with the volume loud deserve a DGAF,
People who at the head of line carrying on some dumb feel good conversation while other wait deserve a DGAF.
People who spread out their stuff and themselves into other's area (think tight airline seats) deserve a DGAF,

But somebody sleeping??
Granted it was an early morning flight. But who made you the authority on what qualifies as people not GAF? My rights for a peaceful and quiet trip don't count for .... just because he's sleeping, in public no less? F that!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:02 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

One disadvantage of DL1 is that my husband will sit in the seat behind me and I can't give him the gentle kick to stop his snoring.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Granted it was an early morning flight. But who made you the authority on what qualifies as people not GAF? My rights for a peaceful and quiet trip don't count for .... just because he's sleeping, in public no less? F that!
Did you do anything about it at the time? Nudge the guy? Raise the matter with an FA?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Badenoch
Did you do anything about it at the time? Nudge the guy? Raise the matter with an FA?
nope, did my best to drown out his snoring with my headphones. i'm not nudging/touching anyone and if anyone touches me, they better have a damn good reason for doing so. if anything, i should have alerted the FA. I guess this is what this thread is all about. Never had to deal with this before so I did my best to endure it as if it was a crying baby on board. But you know what? If this happens again, I'm gonna let the FA know about it and let them deal with it .
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:56 am

.......If this happens again, I'm gonna let the FA know about it and let them deal with it .
Be prepared for a shoulder shrug... or roll of eyes (not directed at the snorer). BTW it was probably me!!
CO-PLAT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.