Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Elevate Your Status is Live

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
None of the options would get me there

Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by tonyrocks922
None of the options would get me there

Seems like Delta has a LOT of 30,000 ish MQM fliers with high MQD. I'm one of them this year. However it looks like I have a few trips to Europe in business that will help me out next year
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I requalified for DM earlier in November: no offer for me.
I just requalified and the offer is still open to me. In the past, if I had qualified already, it wasn't available to me. OT and FYI, I just got to SIN flying DL167, which is a through flight SEA-NRT-SIN. When I got to NRT, the app had already posted all of my MQMs/MQDs for the complete MSP-SEA-NRT-SIN outbound. We had discussed this recently in another thread.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
No thanks delta.

Last edited by vwpokerchamp; Dec 6, 2018 at 11:08 am
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vwpokerchamp
really delta??

It's the same offer that other potential DM's were getting. Were you expecting something different?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LBJ
It's the same offer that other potential DM's were getting. Were you expecting something different?
Sorry i could have worded it better. I just thought those prices are outrageous.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by yohanson
I just requalified and the offer is still open to me. In the past, if I had qualified already, it wasn't available to me. OT and FYI, I just got to SIN flying DL167, which is a through flight SEA-NRT-SIN. When I got to NRT, the app had already posted all of my MQMs/MQDs for the complete MSP-SEA-NRT-SIN outbound. We had discussed this recently in another thread.
The first year DL sold MQMs, some people apparently purchased them but couldn't get enough to even make FO, so of course their MQMs all disappeared. There were complaints, as people apparently didn't read the rules. Then DL started protecting its customers from themselves and only offering to sell MQMs to those who could use the purpose to achieve a (higher) elite level. It will be interested to see whether their are screams this year from those who make nonrefundable big purchases without understanding what they are buying and consequently at best get more miles to rollover, and maybe not even that (if they start with less than 12,500 MQMs, for instance),
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Amex Centurion
Nah

I can get platinum easy, I only miss the spend on diamond. Given I live in Atlanta and the upgrades are meh anyway, the $2.5k isn't worth it to me. I already get skyclub through cc, the GUCs are nice, but hard to use. Diamond is less attractive than it used to be anyway....

As a Delta shareholder though, great deal guys! You all should purchase this asap!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Seems like Delta has a LOT of 30,000 ish MQM fliers with high MQD. I'm one of them this year. However it looks like I have a few trips to Europe in business that will help me out next year
It does kind of annoy me that tiers are based on miles flown and not revenue. Shouldn't customers who spend more money be valued more? I will hit over $9,000 in MQDs this year but still be at FO based on MQMs.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
I need $114 MQDs for DM...sorry Delta, I'm not going to give you $2399 for the same benefits I can get for a one way flight to ANY (anywhere).
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
2000 MQM from PM after a trip to China in November got turned into a trip to Missouri instead (wah wah). Rather than pay $1399, my dad, my son and I are all taking a flight next week. My dad was four segments short of requalifying for PM, so I found a good deal on flights from MSP-BOS and he’ll fly up from STL to join us. My son loves to fly, my dad and I need one more trip, so it’s a win-win-win. Oh yeah, and the ticket was $130. One-tenth what Delta wants me to pay.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I just got the offer that tops at $1,999 for 12,500 MQM. The offer came in today while I was on the return flight of MSP-HND-MSP. For my $1594 fare in PS I earned just under 18K MQM and spent a delightful 2 1/2 days in Tokyo.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by LBJ
I am $61 MQDs short currently and got the same opening offer of $2300 as other DMs... I burst out laughing.

I guess for some people it might make sense... but definitely not for me...

In unrelated news, I have a GUC that expires at the end of Jan, and my next international travel won't be until Feb :-/ (I tried to use it unsuccessfully on a trip to Asia a few weeks ago)

Maybe will burn it on my little baby domestic hop coming up but that seems like a waste!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Seems like Delta has a LOT of 30,000 ish MQM fliers with high MQD.
I wouldn't call $7K for 30K MQMs as high MQD. On a 1500 mile trip (e.g., NYC<->ATL) that would only be a $350-400 ticket. That seems pretty standard (if not a bit cheap) to me unless your primary booking criteria is cost. For example, ATL<->NYC (a competitive route with non-Delta nonstops) doesn't get cheaper than $550 during business travel hour unless you book more than two weeks in advance.

Book a non-competitive route and the costs just go up from there...
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
First time I've ever gotten an offer for this via email. My travel was down 40% this year, and Delta/SkyTeam travel fell by about 60% this year.

Normally would have requalified for Diamond several months ago. Was offered 1K MQM, 3 MQS, $2399 MQD for $2399.

Didn't end up needing it, as just had a AF business class flight SFO-CDG that I took on Monday finally post today, pushing me over the remaining MQD requirement.

Finishing the year at 143K MQM (77K from rollover), 13 MQS, 16K MQD. I imagine this is one of the lowest MQS numbers for a DM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.