Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Former Delta President Gets Well Deserved Payday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-...ed-hat-2018-10

After leaving his position as President of Delta Air Lines in 2007 Jim Whitehurst took the position as President of Red Hat. IBM has now acquired Red Hat and Mr Whitehurst is expected to receive a payout of up to $75 million.

If there was such a thing as sainthood for airline executives, Mr Whitehurst would be one of the very few to achieve it. He and Gerald Grinstein navigated Delta through bankruptcy and got them profitable again. He was a man that was universally loved by employees and many were heartbroken at his departure. He and Jerry were not paid handsomely while at Delta. They felt it to be in poor taste to take large salaries at an unfortunate time in Delta's history. Delta would be a very different airline if Mr Whitehurst been appointed CEO. But the BOD wanted a quick buck and integrity was thrown aside.

I am very happy to read of Mr Whitehurst's good fortune and I wish him many more. He's one of the few good ones.
indufan, Lehava, DiverDave and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.