FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Disturbing: Delta no longer shows MQM while booking flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1936567-disturbing-delta-no-longer-shows-mqm-while-booking-flight.html)

mridley2 Oct 20, 2018 6:28 pm

Disturbing: Delta no longer shows MQM while booking flight

I was looking at flights for the spring. I noticed that Delta.com is no longer showing MQM's or MQD's when booking a flight.

Am I missing something? Usually it would show just below the flight details information... no more.

What gives? I think Delta is planning to change MQM earnings starting 2019....

The only way to find any info is "flight distance". Click on individual flight and then more flight details. There you can see the flight distance. BUT BUT BUT that does not mean anything about MQM earnings.

Is delta up to something? Me thinks yes. Happy Saturday! UGH

xolinlevh Oct 20, 2018 6:37 pm

I see both MQM and MQDs while booking today, are you not logged in? It doesnt show those if you arent logged in.....

KevinSFO Oct 20, 2018 6:39 pm

Are you sure you were logged into the Delta website? That’s always been the reason I haven’t seen the MQMs for a flight.

mridley2 Oct 20, 2018 7:00 pm

I am using my friend's computer. Google chrome. imac pro. He is logged into his account. that is verified. it shows nothing.

I tried the same computer using Safari and then suddenly BOOM it all shows up as it should. My friend really should update his browser apps

Wheh! false alarm!!

BallardFlyer Oct 21, 2018 10:02 am

I noticed it last week on Weds for the first time. It’s either a bug in their website that may affect some browsers only or an A/B test on that part of the checkout flow to see if people click on it when it is there. Will try some other browsers to compare.

TomMM Oct 21, 2018 10:10 am

Originally Posted by mridley2 (Post 30337915)
and then suddenly BOOM ...

That is disturbing!

ATLMike1234 Oct 21, 2018 12:51 pm

Even if it were true, what about this would exactly be disturbing? If it signals a switch to purely MQD based status earnings, that would actually make it easier to earn status. We already have to meet meet the MQD requirement anyway... currently many meet the MQD threshold without earning enough MQMs or Segments for it to mean anything.

MarkP24 Oct 21, 2018 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 30339488)
That is disturbing!

Agreed

CloneCones Oct 22, 2018 6:00 am

Originally Posted by ATLMike1234 (Post 30339967)
Even if it were true, what about this would exactly be disturbing? If it signals a switch to purely MQD based status earnings, that would actually make it easier to earn status. We already have to meet meet the MQD requirement anyway... currently many meet the MQD threshold without earning enough MQMs or Segments for it to mean anything.

I would love MQD based earning. Sitting at ~$20k MQD spend but only ~105k MQM. I should hit it regardless (I hope) but I am all for spend qualification.

Wimsta Oct 22, 2018 6:33 am

I wish it was all MQM, I guess I'm just a rare bread.

growlgames Oct 22, 2018 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Wimsta (Post 30342377)

Mmm, bread. I know it's probably auto-correct, but it still made me laugh...

Wimsta Oct 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by growlgames (Post 30344075)
Mmm, bread. I know it's probably auto-correct, but it still made me laugh...

Rare breed, rare bread... sometime around that post is when I forgot to pack my keys. Overnighting keys from CA to GA is $113, doh!

Glad it was good for a laugh, hopefully two.

Old Hickory Oct 23, 2018 10:34 am

If Delta were up to nothing... now that would be disturbing.

MarkP24 Oct 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by CloneCones (Post 30342303)
I would love MQD based earning. Sitting at ~$20k MQD spend but only ~105k MQM. I should hit it regardless (I hope) but I am all for spend qualification.

Originally Posted by Wimsta (Post 30342377)

I wish it was MQM's only. We can always dream....

Gargoyle Feb 19, 2019 10:47 pm

At the end of booking, before pulling the trigger, it showed MQM's for the total itinerary. However, it's not clickable, so I can't find the breakdown by segment. I have a couple of KL and AF regional segments, which might not earn MQM's, so the total MQM's listed is less than the total miles flown. However, the numbers don't match in any logical way. (unless they are giving me less than 500 but more than zero for the regional segments? I've never seen that, normally I still get MQM's on those if they are booked on 006 stock).

Is there any way after purchase and before flying to find out the per segment MQM's?