FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   ATL-area dinner meetup August 29th (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1926879-atl-area-dinner-meetup-august-29th.html)

Zorak Aug 23, 2018 9:57 am

ATL-area dinner meetup August 29th

I have a long layover in ATL next Wednesday the 29th and am going to escape the airport to meet up with sky303 and gooselee and possibly others for dinner -- the tentative plan is Mary Mac's around 6pm.

Not on the scale of last year's mini-DO, so maybe this is a milli-DO or micro-DO :)

Post or PM if interested in joining!

MSPeconomist Aug 23, 2018 9:59 am

You're traveling on the "wrong" dates; otherwise we could be a party flight. [BTW, I don't have a long ATL connection, so I couldn't join your dinner group even if it were the "right" day.]

gooselee Aug 23, 2018 1:26 pm

This is looking more and more like it'll be a nano-DO.

lking Aug 27, 2018 3:13 pm

Count me in!

foofiter Aug 27, 2018 3:15 pm

Count me in as well!

Eddie98 Aug 27, 2018 4:09 pm

I wish I had the time to go downtown and meet up with some of the FT personalities.

ryandc99 Aug 28, 2018 7:02 am

Let me know what you ultimately decide on, I may be able to join.

Zorak Aug 28, 2018 8:59 am

Originally Posted by ryandc99 (Post 30138766)
Let me know what you ultimately decide on, I may be able to join.

^

Mary Mac's at 6pm is now the confirmed location and time :)

MSPeconomist Aug 28, 2018 12:25 pm

Since I can't make this, I plan to console myself with some good steak and Malbec.

PRWeezer Aug 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30140286)
Since I can't make this, I plan to console myself with some good steak and Malbec.

If you truly want to miss this experience, it would be via a 'meat & 2' and mint julep, I don't see 'steak' as one of the meat options. :eek: https://www.marymacs.com/menu

Full disclosure, I can't speak to their mint julep. I've only been there for lunch where I did not indulge in the bar menu. There's no Malbec shown via online wine list. At least they show an online wine list. One of our neighborhood faves that has similar fare, The Colonnade Restaurant , is known for strong pours in the bar but I can't recall if they have a wine list beyond house white or red. :D

P.S. y'all have fun!

Zorak Aug 28, 2018 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer (Post 30141395)
I don't see 'steak' as one of the meat options. [...]There's no Malbec shown via online wine list.

FYI, MSPe's culinary notes are a reference not to the menu at Mary Mac's, but the fact that she will already be in EZE for Cow DO (which I will be on my way to when I pass through ATL tomorrow)

xooz Aug 28, 2018 6:37 pm

Directly across the street is a craft beer place. the Torched Hop Brewing Company. Went there once, not fantastic but I would go again if I was right there. Not too far (east/southeast) is New Realm, which is right near the Belt Line and has a nice upstairs patio... if the crowd is not too large. .

MSPeconomist Aug 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 30141436)
FYI, MSPe's culinary notes are a reference not to the menu at Mary Mac's, but the fact that she will already be in EZE for Cow DO (which I will be on my way to when I pass through ATL tomorrow)

Don't forget to go back to ATL for your flight to EZE.

sky303 Aug 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Zorak and I are at the Georgian Terrace lounge bar (in Livingston) for drinks if anyone is coming early. @gooselee may be able to, pending other issues but there is plenty of seating for all!

CaptainMiles Aug 29, 2018 2:35 pm

Looks like I'll be able to join, and +1. How many are we?