Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL-area dinner meetup August 29th

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
ATL-area dinner meetup August 29th

I have a long layover in ATL next Wednesday the 29th and am going to escape the airport to meet up with sky303 and gooselee and possibly others for dinner -- the tentative plan is Mary Mac's around 6pm.

Not on the scale of last year's mini-DO, so maybe this is a milli-DO or micro-DO

Post or PM if interested in joining!

Last edited by Zorak; Aug 23, 2018 at 10:06 am
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You're traveling on the "wrong" dates; otherwise we could be a party flight. [BTW, I don't have a long ATL connection, so I couldn't join your dinner group even if it were the "right" day.]
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
This is looking more and more like it'll be a nano-DO.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Count me in!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Count me in as well!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I wish I had the time to go downtown and meet up with some of the FT personalities.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:02 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Let me know what you ultimately decide on, I may be able to join.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Let me know what you ultimately decide on, I may be able to join.
^

Mary Mac's at 6pm is now the confirmed location and time
gooselee likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Since I can't make this, I plan to console myself with some good steak and Malbec.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Since I can't make this, I plan to console myself with some good steak and Malbec.
If you truly want to miss this experience, it would be via a 'meat & 2' and mint julep, I don't see 'steak' as one of the meat options. https://www.marymacs.com/menu

Full disclosure, I can't speak to their mint julep. I've only been there for lunch where I did not indulge in the bar menu. There's no Malbec shown via online wine list. At least they show an online wine list. One of our neighborhood faves that has similar fare, The Colonnade Restaurant , is known for strong pours in the bar but I can't recall if they have a wine list beyond house white or red.

P.S. y'all have fun!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
I don't see 'steak' as one of the meat options. [...]There's no Malbec shown via online wine list.
FYI, MSPe's culinary notes are a reference not to the menu at Mary Mac's, but the fact that she will already be in EZE for Cow DO (which I will be on my way to when I pass through ATL tomorrow)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:37 pm

Directly across the street is a craft beer place. the Torched Hop Brewing Company. Went there once, not fantastic but I would go again if I was right there. Not too far (east/southeast) is New Realm, which is right near the Belt Line and has a nice upstairs patio... if the crowd is not too large. .
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
FYI, MSPe's culinary notes are a reference not to the menu at Mary Mac's, but the fact that she will already be in EZE for Cow DO (which I will be on my way to when I pass through ATL tomorrow)
Don't forget to go back to ATL for your flight to EZE.
Zorak likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Zorak and I are at the Georgian Terrace lounge bar (in Livingston) for drinks if anyone is coming early. @gooselee may be able to, pending other issues but there is plenty of seating for all!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Looks like I'll be able to join, and +1. How many are we?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.