Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

717 AC dripping on me (photographic proof)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle

The FA’s tissue solution isn’t working. Hope these 717s get phased out sooner than later.
717 AC dripping onto my seat.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:04 pm

Condensation drips are a common thing on all a/c types in hot humid climates. About 2 years ago, the FA reseated someone next to me who was under a similar drip. His shirt was pretty well soaked. I don't remember if it was a 737 or 757. 717s are going to be around for a long time, thankfully. Most people (including myself) like them quite a bit due to 3/2 seating and rear mounted engines making for a quieter ride.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Flew on the 717 RDU - BOS - RDU a couple weeks back and there were tissues stuffed throughout the plane in both directions. Not sure why they haven't come up with a better solution -- since on balance I don't mind the 717 otherwise
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I've seen this on my first 717 ride from KOA - HNL on HA. It's fairly common in hot/humid conditions. No biggie.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I've seen this on my first 717 ride from KOA - HNL on HA. It's fairly common in hot/humid conditions. No biggie.
You’d think with the commonness there would be a more elegant short term fix. This reminds me of photos of EU-banned carriers interiors.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
The FA’s tissue solution isn’t working. Hope these 717s get phased out sooner than later.
717 AC dripping onto my seat.
I don't think the 717's are going anywhere soon. I am sure most people of run into this problem at some point in time, fairly common when it is humid. Bring your rain gear next time.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat
The 717s are a temporary solution intended to be solved by the A220's but they spent/are spending a lot of money on those 717s so while I don't think they'll stick around as long as aircraft often do in Delta's fleet, we're still stuck with them for a few years. They're not my favorite. Once the MDs are gone it'll be the only DL mainline aircraft without IFE & 2Ku.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by live5
The 717s are a temporary solution intended to be solved by the A220's but they spent/are spending a lot of money on those 717s so while I don't think they'll stick around as long as aircraft often do in Delta's fleet, we're still stuck with them for a few years. They're not my favorite. Once the MDs are gone it'll be the only DL mainline aircraft without IFE & 2Ku.
Huh? They took a lease from WN and WN paid to convert the interiors to DL standards. I actually like flying them and they won't be totally replaced by the C-series.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:03 pm

How do we have proof that it is dripping onto your seat specifically?
pvn and TommyD2 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by njf1003
How do we have proof that it is dripping onto your seat specifically?

Pics or it didn't ... oh, wait.
Oakshadow likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:51 pm

Just when you thought John Q Public is incapable of dealing with a little adversity.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Should have asked for the courtesy hatbrella
Annalisa12 and HomeAgain like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:36 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Jeeeeeeeez!

You're blessed to be inside a mythical metal tube that somehow is able to be catapulted thru the sky to magically take you away to far, far away places, and you're complaining about a little water on yer shirt?

Duke787 and sky303 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
This happens more than you think... getting a bit wet is one thing but I had the water drip on me once and it was dirty and it left a dark streak on my white dress shirt... God knows what kind of crap this flush out of the AC vents...
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL GM
As someone based in Fort Lauderdale, this happens on any flight on a day ending in y. Interior rainfall is very common when you mix hot and humid outside with the cranked AC vents inside. Outside of shutting the AC off, there aren't many options except to board and get to altitude as quickly as possible.

This is one of many reasons I never sit in a window seat, I don't even want to think about what those water droplets are picking up off of the vents and other surfaces and depositing on unsuspecting passengers below.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.