Wiki Posts
Search

Kicked out of C+ due to PS re-config

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Kicked out of C+ due to PS re-config

Diamond flyer. Flying MSP to HND in FEB and had nice C+ seats for my son and I. Got the email today that this plane has changed over to Premium Select so I'm kicked to the back.

Remind me - there is no way to get a "free" upgrade to PS, correct?

Looks like the new config (777) has the first row of economy with just 2 seats. Maybe it won't be the end of the world.

Thoughts?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by lucycan
Diamond flyer. Flying MSP to HND in FEB and had nice C+ seats for my son and I. Got the email today that this plane has changed over to Premium Select so I'm kicked to the back.

Looks like the new config (777) has the first row of economy with just 2 seats. Maybe it won't be the end of the world.

Thoughts?
Was any compensation offered? If you really want C+, LAX-HND is on an A330 which still has C+ and I'm sure they would let you change to it. There are no free UG's to PS unless you use a GUC.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:17 pm

Just as a helpful tip (since currently there’s only one aircraft in this configuration) 30AB has a few more inches leg room than 30HJ or 31HJ. If this is available it’s probably comparable to what you would get on an old configuration 777 (or even better if traveling as a party of two).
Old Jul 28, 2018, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Thoughts?
No free PS. However as another poster notes, DL flies an A330 LAX-HND. They should have no issue moving.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
No compensation offered. Just got an email saying I was now in coach. I did snag 30AB both ways, so perhaps this is just as good (or better) because I am flying with my 11 year old son. The reason we had picked this was because of the direct flight and his first trip to Asia. Can't find the seat config reviewed anyplace. Anyone?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
No compensation offered. Just got an email saying I was now in coach. I did snag 30AB both ways, so perhaps this is just as good (or better) because I am flying with my 11 year old son. The reason we had picked this was because of the direct flight and his first trip to Asia. Can't find the seat config reviewed anyplace. Anyone?
No one has flown it yet to review.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No one has flown it yet to review.
People certainly have flown the new configuration - it was dedicated to DTW-PEK every other day in the first 3 weeks of July and has flown some other random 777 sub flights before and after. There may not be a full published review yet by a blogger though. If I was booked and confirmed in C+, I would be calling in suggesting Main cabin is not an acceptable substitute and pushing the issue - I would think this far in advance there would be limited risk for DL to reaccomodate in Premium Select and worst case if they didn’t agree to rebook in Premium Select, they should offer a C+ alternative. I think the OP has very little to lose calling in and asking for a reaccom in Premiuk Select or a routing with C+
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler

People certainly have flown the new configuration - it was dedicated to DTW-PEK every other day in the first 3 weeks of July and has flown some other random 777 sub flights before and after. There may not be a full published review yet by a blogger though. If I was booked and confirmed in C+, I would be calling in suggesting Main cabin is not an acceptable substitute and pushing the issue - I would think this far in advance there would be limited risk for DL to reaccomodate in Premium Select and worst case if they didn’t agree to rebook in Premium Select, they should offer a C+ alternative. I think the OP has very little to lose calling in and asking for a reaccom in Premiuk Select or a routing with C+
I thought it was end of the month they were starting. Ie right now. Regardless, it's not been flown enough to have any meaningful reviews.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
A recent WSJ "Middle Seat" article with Bastian seems to suggest that C+ will be coming back to the 777. Didn't say when. I don't have regular access to WSJ, but was able to read it the other day. It said that some rows in DL's 777 with P.E. have 32" pitch, but will revert to 31" when C+ is added back (eventually). It was written in a way that didn't seem definitive.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler

There is a review of PS and D1, but I haven’t seen any in just standard Y yet.

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/del...ct-777-refurb/
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So when does the HND-MSP route get the D1 suites?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So when does the HND-MSP route get the D1 suites?
I see it starting 11/16 MSP-HND and 11/17 HND-MSP. I believe it was also suggested that when MSP-ICN launches it will also be the 777 with the D1 suite mod and DPS. I guess that it’s both good news (relevant D1 product and Premium Select cabin) and bad news (9 fewer D1 seats and no C+). The real loser here seems to be the PM/DMs who previously could book straight into C+ but now need certs to book Premium Select and D1 (which PMs don’t have). I’m curious to see how Premium Select does from MSP as DTW seems to be a mixed bag with DTW-NRT/PVG always full but DTW-PEK/ICN seemingly always having open seats when I look.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Is there a seat map anywhere yet, with specs?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
This is one of those situations that I understand the backend for Delta but for the customer it's really poor customer service IMO. They upgrade the product and should move you into the most lateral even if it is an 'upgrade'. IE 3 cabin aircraft to 3 cabin aircraft. There is way more going on say if you booked with PS available you would have chosen an exit row aisle. Now it doesn't exist so you go from a decent seat to a completely standard seat. Delta should just eat it. It's only so many flights they have to do it and I doubt when they do upgrade the aircraft it is 'sold out'.
RaflW, strickerj and dmarge18 like this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
This is one of those situations that I understand the backend for Delta but for the customer it's really poor customer service IMO. They upgrade the product and should move you into the most lateral even if it is an 'upgrade'. IE 3 cabin aircraft to 3 cabin aircraft. There is way more going on say if you booked with PS available you would have chosen an exit row aisle. Now it doesn't exist so you go from a decent seat to a completely standard seat. Delta should just eat it. It's only so many flights they have to do it and I doubt when they do upgrade the aircraft it is 'sold out'.
Maybe for people who paid for a C+ fare or upgrade but not just for elites who are seated there for free. Anyways, the difference between C+ and regular Y on this a/c with international DL soft product is really insignificant. The same thing can be achieved in a bulk head or exit row.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.