Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wife is 8 MQM short of Silver

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Sorry, but C+ isn't an upgrade regardless of what DL says.
Actually, I think that the front row of C+ on many international flights is an upgrade, especially on the A330s. As a leisure flyer I can usually book enough ahead of time and with enough date flexibility to get that row most of the time. That is definitely one of the factors I still value about Platinum, especially now that domestic medallion upgrades are few and far between for PMs.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Sorry, but C+ isn't an upgrade regardless of what DL says.
Agreed - especially from a DM perspective - but it is marginally better than a standard Y seat.

Originally Posted by loratliff
Not on a TATL, where you get the booze anyway. Much rather have a bulkhead or exit row, so I will say that even FO status is worth something when it comes to being able to choose the good seats for free.
I only care for C+ due to the increased recline (some exits don't even recline) and the distance between TV monitor and my face...sometimes the exit row monitors are a little too far for me.

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Actually, I think that the front row of C+ on many international flights is an upgrade, especially on the A330s. As a leisure flyer I can usually book enough ahead of time and with enough date flexibility to get that row most of the time. That is definitely one of the factors I still value about Platinum, especially now that domestic medallion upgrades are few and far between for PMs.
Don't disagree. I don't particularly care for the immovable "armrests" (aka metal barriers) between the seats when traveling with a companion...but that's why there's a bunch of C+ seats to choose from, to optimize what would increase one's utility the most for that particular trip.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
At least you qualified with 'AFAIK' which based on your posting history is not very much.

There are complimentary upgrades for all Medallion tiers from Main Cabin to Comfort + seats on transatlantic flights (but not to DL Premium Select or DL One). Silvers clear 24 hours prior to departure time based upon availability.
I think it was clear what he meant. Most as MSP points put dont even consider C+ to be a cabin upgrade. Which legally speaking by DOT standards it isnt.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I think it was clear what he meant. Most as MSP points put dont even consider C+ to be a cabin upgrade. Which legally speaking by DOT standards it isnt.
But by DL standards, it is. And they even have an entire upgrade process and procedure set up to clear people into it.

It's not lie-flat seat but compare a Y middle with a C+ aisle or exit row and - especially for the infrequent flyer - the extra legroom, recline, and meal choice will all make a difference.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a separate fare class, but it is not considered a separate "cabin". It's just a separate "experience" within Main Cabin.

From DL website --
"Delta Comfort+, Main Cabin, and Basic Economy are three experiences within our Main Cabin."
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
OP, you say "we" are flying which I think means you and your wife are traveling together? Do you have any status for yourself? If so, your benefits will also apply to your wife when your are traveling in the same PNR.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Any benefits are negligible IMHO. It's really only the extra miles, and that's not so many for silver. Just relax--she'll pick up her Silver status before you return, and earn the extra miles on that leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.