Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX options

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
LAX options

Landing into T2 from ATL and connecting to WestJet, are there good lounges (non-Delta; I can get into PP and Star Alliance ones) or even restaurants for a 3 hour layover? I see that going to another terminal is probably not an option. Online research all had very old info on LAX and lounges (most places still say AC has a lounge in T2 but of course they don't anymore.)
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:56 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
You can enter any LAX terminal with a same-day boarding pass.

With three hours I would probably go to in-and-out.
jinglish likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you looked at the PP website to see which lounges it currently lists for LAX? There's a fairly new AS lounge in T6 that could be a good choice if you have access.

What terminal does WestJet use?

Can you access the DL SC? With a DL boarding pass, this would work if you have an AmEx Plat/Centurion charge card (or a DL Reserve AmEx credit card, but I suspect you don't carry this one).
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tennisboy
Landing into T2 from ATL and connecting to WestJet, are there good lounges (non-Delta; I can get into PP and Star Alliance ones)
I don't see how you get into a *A lounge with flights on DL and WS, neither of which is a *A partner.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have you looked at the PP website to see which lounges it currently lists for LAX?

Yes, there's always the self-help remedy: Priority Pass Website

Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Landing into T2 from ATL and connecting to WestJet, are there good lounges (non-Delta; I can get into PP and Star Alliance ones) or even restaurants for a 3 hour layover? I see that going to another terminal is probably not an option. Online research all had very old info on LAX and lounges (most places still say AC has a lounge in T2 but of course they don't anymore.)
What time of day is your layover? If its before 11:30am, the VS Clubhouse in T2 accepts PP but it's not your typical Clubhouse experience from what I've heard. If your layover is after 11:30, you can take the bus to TBIT and use the KAL lounge which I believe accepts PP, but that lounge is nothing to write home about.

Last edited by MCO Flyer; Jun 3, 2018 at 5:31 pm
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:34 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Lax doesn’t have great PP options
T2 is the Virgin lounge in the morning which is good space but minimal amenities
T6 Alaska has a decent bar, some food
KAL in The international terminal is big but lackluster food and even worse food.

each you can access airside via a bus from the delta terminals to the international (I plan about 15 minutes one way) and from there you macan walk to T6
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So OP could do a quick PP tour if his/her PP membership doesn't charge per visit or limit the number of free visits per year.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Be careful before making the trek to T6, because Alaska isn't always accommodating to PP members - there are capacity limits. Plus, you'd be going back through security when you return to T2.

You say you can get into *A lounges, and if that's the case I'd recommend going over to TBIT and using the *A lounge there. It's very good IMO, including a nice outdoor patio. And I don't know the rules but you might be able to stay airside with the bus between T2/TBIT.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
Be careful before making the trek to T6, because Alaska isn't always accommodating to PP members - there are capacity limits. Plus, you'd be going back through security when you return to T2.

You say you can get into *A lounges, and if that's the case I'd recommend going over to TBIT and using the *A lounge there. It's very good IMO, including a nice outdoor patio. And I don't know the rules but you might be able to stay airside with the bus between T2/TBIT.
HUH? There's supposedly an airside bus now between DL's T2/T3 facilities and TBIB. From TBIT, AA had built a new above ground airside walkway connecting TBIB to T4. The old airside tunnel connecting T4 to T5 was reopened not that long ago, and T5 and T6 were connected airside when DL used this area and even ran electric golf carts back and forth in this tunnel.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
You can't use *A lounge at LAX. While you are *A Gold, you must hold a departure ticket operated by *A airlines.

http://www.staralliance.com/lounge-access-policy
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by pvn
With three hours I would probably go to in-and-out.
Seconding this. If you don't mind having to reclear security when you get back, it's a nice way to stretch your legs between flights.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
HUH? There's supposedly an airside bus now between DL's T2/T3 facilities and TBIB. From TBIT, AA had built a new above ground airside walkway connecting TBIB to T4. The old airside tunnel connecting T4 to T5 was reopened not that long ago, and T5 and T6 were connected airside when DL used this area and even ran electric golf carts back and forth in this tunnel.
That's one heck of a walk! Probably 30 mins minimum from T2. It's easier just to exit and re-clear security at T6.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
That's one heck of a walk! Probably 30 mins minimum from T2. It's easier just to exit and re-clear security at T6.
You mean cross the parking lot? That's at least a 15 minute walk too, and not particularly easy to navigate. Nor would I recommend the arrivals level intra-terminal shuttle bus at LAX. That's a disaster.

Basically T2 to T6 is a bad idea no matter the routing.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
You mean cross the parking lot? That's at least a 15 minute walk too, and not particularly easy to navigate. Nor would I recommend the arrivals level intra-terminal shuttle bus at LAX. That's a disaster.

Basically T2 to T6 is a bad idea no matter the routing.
It's good exercise and gives one a tour of a lot of LAX between flights. Plus, if you're already in TBIT, it's not so far to T6. In fact, it might be fun to see the glass enclosed "bridge" that AA built.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:33 am

It's good exercise and gives one a tour of a lot of LAX between flights. Plus, if you're already in TBIT, it's not so far to T6. In fact, it might be fun to see the glass enclosed "bridge" that AA built.
If you didn't have to take a bus from T2 to TBIT just to get started, maybe.

I've done the walk airside between TBIT and T7 many times. It's not interesting at all, most of it is through a long underground corridor, plus several crowded concourses. 15 minutes at a very fast walk, 20-25 minutes at a more normal pace.

I'd pay $59 for a SkyClub single visit pass over any of these options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.