Wiki Posts
Search

Getting to 2 Million Lifetime Skymiles

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
halfway there on 1/1/19. no partner lounge access
No that’s for memberships. STE+ is unaffected.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ
If you fly very little, there's not much benefit to having Gold status.
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
If you rarely fly, why does it matter to get annual (not lifetime; they can change the rules) gold?

geez--cranky flyers! Don't listen to these guys.

Benefit value is for OP to determine. If OP is that close, I can completely understand the desire to reach lifetime GM. Even if OP travels just a few times a year, I would personally very much see the benefit. GM is what entitles you to all of the Sky Priority services, and it's nice, when you have travelled that much in your life, to be able to use the SP check in counter, security, boarding, priority luggage and international lounge program, and of course, to get some free upgrades. Also, don't forget the enormous value of better customer service.

Originally Posted by Asiaflyguy
Was this a post to brag about having,918,000 miles, because if you flew that much you would likely know how to obtain the remaining miles
Not everyone bothers to learn the ever changing and rather confusing rules of a frequent flyer program. They just show up at the airport and are happy to discover that they get extra perks. In fact, most people I know are more like this than they are like those of us on FT. It's just not where they put their energy.

To the original question: OP, the way to go is to spend $25K, $50K, or, new for 2018 (and not for sure staying for 2019), $75K on your Amex Delta plat card. Each $25K milestone up to $75K will get you an extra 10K MQMs, so that's 30K. Because you need 82K in total that brings you down to 52K. After you have hit 75K on this card,you could then upgrade to the Delta Reserve card, which usually comes with a 15K sign on bonus, as long as you've had the plat card for long enough ( I think a year?). This gives 15K MQM bonuses at $30K spend, $60K spend and, for 2018, $90K spend, which would be 60K MQMs. This would get you there. Of course, any flying that you do along the way will also add to your lifetime MQM balance.

Note that if spending this much money on a credit card in a year or two is not possible, you could still work on it for several years and eventually get there.
Seabilly likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
halfway there on 1/1/19. no partner lounge access
There's still lounge access (plus one guest IIRC) for GM+ on SkyTeam international itineraries (including coach) if the lounge is operated by DL or a SkyTeam partner. Access to third party lounges is what was eliminated coach passengers on DL flights, but most partners still allow access to third party lounges, and this doesn't affect those in business class (although there would be no guest privilege if confirmed premium cabin travel is the reason for lounge access).

Other partners such as the Virgins (VA and VS) have similar policies, IIRC for PM+, but it's a bit more complicated.

BTW, what's with the 1/1/19 date? This rule has already been implemented.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.