Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta opens pop-up lounge for middle-seat passengers in BOS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta opens pop-up lounge for middle-seat passengers in BOS

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by jackvogt
Maybe United should try it instead of killing dogs and beating Asians half to death.
Allow me to quote...well, you: "Wow the drama is unreal."
Old May 22, 2018, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
And a smile?
Slow down. This is happening at BOS, after all.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CloneCones
For free Coke and some snacks? Less than 1% of people would even think to do that
This is FT. Based on the things many of us do for extra points/miles or this or that (which I get that we may be a minority in that respect), nothing would surprise me.
CalebMCO likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
What sort of brilliant marketing seeks out a disadvantaged class of customer and seeks to remind them of the fact that they are going to experience far less than optimum service?

Perhaps my dentist should set aside a special waiting room where some patients can celebrate their impending root canals.
You are always so hard on DL. One wonder why you bother to fly them given your disdain.

You are completely missing the point of what DL is doing here. This is very clever marketing on their part.

1. They are offering a little surprise for people in BOS today, a city where they are trying to ramp up their presence and lure pax from B6 and others. The simple fact that they bothered to do this will generate some good will for their brand.

2. DL is getting free publicity out of this and it's good publicity. You just can't put a price on that. The halo effect of things like this extend well beyond the single day they do it.

3. This is DL's attempt to stay fresh and innovative. When you compare it to what others in the industry are doing DL stands out as a clear leader in marketing and branding.

4. The cobranding with Coke was very smart. You can guarantees that all of the Coke products handed out were paid for my Coke and not DL.

Kudos to DL on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.