Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ed Bastian is on my flight

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Ed Bastian is on my flight

Was hoping to ask a few questions but he is back in row 15. He’d be happy to hear I paid for F.

Upgrade list is 57 strong and a full flight on an MD-88.

No PDB from the FA. Wonder if he noticed.
Old May 4, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by apodo77
Was hoping to ask a few questions but he is back in row 15. He’d be happy to hear I paid for F.

What flight was this on?
Old May 4, 2018, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

I never witnessed it, but people always said that Richard Anderson flew coach on domestic flights.
Old May 4, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I never witnessed it, but people always said that Richard Anderson flew coach on domestic flights.
Apparently Richard Anderson would even ride jumpseat (having completed the necessary qualifications to do so) if it meant freeing up another seat so another revenue passenger could get on to the flight. Not sure if that was limited to domestic hops or if it included international hops as well.
Old May 4, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

You should have asked the FA... "Do you suppose Mr. Bastian will be disappointed if you don't serve FC the PDB?"
Old May 4, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Actually Richard said it himself at one of the FlyerTalk Delta events. ^
Old May 4, 2018, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
You should have asked the FA... "Do you suppose Mr. Bastian will be disappointed if you don't serve FC the PDB?"
The FA apologized to the FC cabin for no service priorto takeoff. Due to late arriving catering.
Been on many other flights PDB’s were served in same circumstances.
Door closed on time.

Pretty sure I saw Ed in the boarding area but wasn’t 100% sure. Heard the FA’s talking about it prior to take off (in 1B).
Old May 4, 2018, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

The FA apologized to the FC cabin for no service priorto takeoff. Due to late arriving catering.
Been on many other flights PDB’s were served in same circumstances.
Door closed on time.

Pretty sure I saw Ed in the boarding area but wasn’t 100% sure. Heard the FA’s talking about it prior to take off (in 1B).
The FA on a recent RJ simply used catering from the previous flight. Her attitude was PDB is part of service and if they're late switching out catering it's the cater's fault if numbers are off.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

What flight was this on?
2448 ATL-PBI.
Had a colleague in the back of the bus I am driving home and waited. Bastian shook all the GA’s hands when he deplaned and heard him tell one “it’s been 6 long weeks since I’ve been down here and the weather looks amazing”.
Maybe he has a home or is visiting Trump! :-)
Old May 4, 2018, 4:39 pm

2448 ATL-PBI.
Had a colleague in the back of the bus I am driving home and waited. Bastian shook all the GA’s hands when he deplaned and heard him tell one “it’s been 6 long weeks since I’ve been down here and the weather looks amazing”.
Given the NRA/fuel subsidy thing, I'm going to guess the former.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 5:07 pm

2448 ATL-PBI.
I asked becausr someone else on here said they saw him on SEA-ATL a couple months back and said he was up in F. I guess he only flies Y on short routes.

1,000th Post!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

I asked becausr someone else on here said they saw him on SEA-ATL a couple months back and said he was up in F. I guess he only flies Y on short routes.

1,000th Post!
Congrats.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:19 pm

Congrats.
Can you let me have my special moment here without rubbing it in.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC

2448 ATL-PBI.
He does indeed have a home in Palm Beach. He took some heat for being in his home office there during Delta’s big IT meltdown 18 months ago, rather than at the main ops center in Atlanta.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Actually Richard said it himself at one of the FlyerTalk Delta events. ^
Yes, I was there. I remember the comment, although I don't remember exactly what he said about taking the jumpseat, and specifically whether he would do that only for revenue passengers or whether he would also do it in order to get another nonrev (such as a buddy pass rider, presumably someone who's not eligible for a jumpseat) on board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.