FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Sky Club Access Questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1902668-sky-club-access-questions.html)

diburning Apr 6, 2018 3:36 pm

Sky Club Access Questions

I will be flying domestic transcon Delta One in a few weeks for the first time. I know that D1 includes Sky Club access.

My questions are:

Do I have access to the Sky Club on arrival?

This is not applicable to my upcoming trip, but do domestic D1 pax have access to partner/SkyTeam lounges if located in the same terminal?

flyerCO Apr 6, 2018 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by diburning (Post 29611163)
I will be flying domestic transcon Delta One in a few weeks for the first time. I know that D1 includes Sky Club access.

My questions are:

Do I have access to the Sky Club on arrival?

This is not applicable to my upcoming trip, but do domestic D1 pax have access to partner/SkyTeam lounges if located in the same terminal?

Yes they'll let you in, at least right now. Not sure with changes how they'll do it after Jan 1.

No, Unless there's a same day international ST flight.

NOLAnwGOLD Apr 7, 2018 12:58 am

KLM maybe an exception, not sure of the rules but if you look on the lounge access page, it will tell you what you officially get

SMWinnie Apr 19, 2018 8:48 am

I have a similar question. Sky Miles Reserve cardholder arriving at LHR on the red-eye this Sunday. Was hoping to kill a few hours before heading to the hotel. (Hotel is at the London Marathon's finish line...)

flyerCO Apr 19, 2018 8:51 am

Originally Posted by SMWinnie (Post 29659860)
I have a similar question. Sky Miles Reserve cardholder arriving at LHR on the red-eye this Sunday. Was hoping to kill a few hours before heading to the hotel. (Hotel is at the London Marathon's finish line...)

Nope. Need J ticket, or be DM/PM

xliioper Apr 19, 2018 9:44 am

Can't get to anything on arrival anyway. On departure, there's a separate lounge available for Gold's to use (No. 1 lounge). Plat's/Diamond's can access the VS Clubhouse. DL Amex Reserve card is only good for access to actual DL Sky Club locations (DL does not have any in Europe).

CarmenOM Apr 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 29660065)
Can't get to anything on arrival anyway. On departure, there's a separate lounge available for Gold's to use (No. 1 lounge). Plat's/Diamond's can access the VS Clubhouse. DL Amex Reserve card is only good for access to actual DL Sky Club locations (DL does not have any in Europe).

This is not entirely correct. PM and DM can access Revivals, the VS arrival lounge at LHR, when arriving in any cabin on a US-LHR flight, as can D1 and UC pax.

NOLAnwGOLD Apr 19, 2018 10:35 pm

Correct, PM/DMs and D1 can use the Revivals lounge (Virgin operated) which is outside customs, landside. It's a nice refresher spot and closes at 3 PM.

serpens Apr 20, 2018 8:44 am

Sorry for the silly questions; I'm new at this.

I understand the above posts to say that after I arrive at Heathrow terminal 3 on Delta flight 10 in Delta One class (scheduled arrival at 0755) and clear customs, I can use the Virgin Atlantic arrivals lounge. Did I get that right? In case it matters, I am flying on an award ticket issued by Air France.

On a related note, what are my options before departure from MSP?

Thanks for any help you provide to this novice.

pvn Apr 20, 2018 9:08 am

Yes, you can use the arrivals lounge at LHR. You can also use the Sky Club at MSP.