Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lack of Comfort+ on CRJ 200?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I usually go for exit over row 1 (yes it’s a joke to separate on seat maps and to have an UG list) as most of the time I have an empty seat next to me.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
BROKEN RECORD ALERT:
I have ranted about the 200 many many times on this board. Yes, they provide service to airports that normally would not have it. I get it. Thats wonderful.
- I live in Dayton, but i regularly drive to CVG just to avoid the 200 to DTW and MSP. The only issue is a trip to PHL that is only served by a 200.
-The first row of a 200 is horrible. No room, no real benefit. I have asked to be "downgraded" back to row 8(exit) more times than I can count.
- I travel a TON but am no expert on aircraft selection. having said that: it would be so nice if the 200 was replaced with CRJ 700 or 900. It cant be that much of a difference in runway length needed so it could still serve the smaller airports.

Rant over. #retirethe200
Renes Points likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hotshot265
Nothing about row 1 on a CRJ 200 is comfort anything.
Fixed that for you!
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Wow, I quite like row 1. Other than exit row, I don't have to have my knees up against the seat in front of me, no one reclining back, and I get off the plane faster. Right now, I am on a light load, and the seat next to me, 1D is open. I am also 6'2". Best of all, is that Delta took me from concourse A to concourse B in DTW, via Porsche due to tight connection!

Last edited by JCWCVG; Mar 14, 2018 at 3:35 pm
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JCWCVG
Wow, I quite like row 1. Other than exit row, I don't have to have my knees up against the seat in front of me, no one reclining back, and I get off the plane faster. Right now, I am on a light load, and the seat next to me, 1D is open. Best of all, the best part of this trip is that Delta took me from concourse A to concourse B in DTW, due to tight connection! I am also 6'2".
Row 1 is fine as long as there’s an empty next to you.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by JCWCVG
Wow, I quite like row 1. Other than exit row, I don't have to have my knees up against the seat in front of me, no one reclining back, and I get off the plane faster. Right now, I am on a light load, and the seat next to me, 1D is open. Best of all, the best part of this trip is that Delta took me from concourse A to concourse B in DTW, due to tight connection! I am also 6'2".
...I always wondered if Mr. Ham Sandwich had a fake FT account... now I know he does.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I suspect that row 1 is C+ so that DL Marketing can claim that C+ exists on every plane in the fleet.

Remember that marketing a benefit is actually more important than truly providing a benefit.
03ace likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
We were automatically put in on on an equipment downgrade from a TATL J connection. Didn't realize till it was too late. Not exactly comfortable but the FA was over the top helpful so that was a plus.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by hotshot265
Nothing about row 1 on a CRJ 200 is comfort anything. Row 2 or 3 is my choice, especially if you luck out and have the row of 2 seats to yourself. First time I experienced C+ on this plane last year sometime and ordered a drink, FA charged me for it. I said cocktails are free in C+, she said that was news to her. Didn’t argue...not worth it for $8 or whatever.
In addition to what people have already posted I also prefer rows 2 or 3 because half the time the pilots and/or FA have their stuff in the overhead bin right above the bulkhead so if you are in row 1 there's a decent chance you'll have to put your stuff in an overhead bin several rows back.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I had one of those seats on an AGS/ATL flight. Was a DTW/ATL/AGS roundtrip and I selected the C+ upgrade on all four flights and was instantly upgraded into C. It wasn't until I went to do the seat selection that I realized the return was a CRJ200. In hindsight I wish I would have called Delta and requested my Exit row seat I originally booked back on just that segment since there was no beverage service (not sure why they can't do a beverage service in C+ on that flight when they can do one on that flight with the aircraft that have a first class cabin) and being the first off the plane didn't matter much since they pink tagged the bags.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Remind me please... when are the 200s supposed to be gone?

[light at end of tunnel]
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
This is the exact reason I do not have upgrade to C+ auto requested on my profile. I like 8B or 8C, or as I call them, "the best bad seats on the airplane"
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
This is the exact reason I do not have upgrade to C+ auto requested on my profile. I like 8B or 8C, or as I call them, "the best bad seats on a terrible airplane"
Fixed that for you.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Remind me please... when are the 200s supposed to be gone?

[light at end of tunnel]
DL has never said they will all be retired. The plan announced in 2012 was to go from 342 down to 125 50-seat aircraft. The most recent financial report from the end of 2017 shows them at 136 aircraft (50 with Endeavor and 86 Skywest).
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LBJ
DL has never said they will all be retired. The plan announced in 2012 was to go from 342 down to 125 50-seat aircraft. The most recent financial report from the end of 2017 shows them at 136 aircraft (50 with Endeavor and 86 Skywest).
[light at end of tunnel... dims]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.