Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why two different experiences in F ATL-CTG-ATL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why two different experiences in F ATL-CTG-ATL?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by davetravels
I travel 99.5 % alone.
Sorry, this is completely off-topic and I know you didn't mean it like this.. but I laughed at how depressingly sad that sounded
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
I had a very similar experience to the OP on ATL-MDE. I think it is standard par on these northern South America routes.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by jaimemayo

I am also wondering if this is the same experience in F for other northern South American cities, like BOG, UIO and LIM.

Thanks in advance for your responses!
I flew ATL-LIM about a year ago, but for that flight it was on a 767, so lie flat seats etc with amenity kits both ways and bedding/pilows, mind you the flight to LIM versus CTG is almost 2 hours longer from ATL.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ethernal
Sorry, this is completely off-topic and I know you didn't mean it like this.. but I laughed at how depressingly sad that sounded
Seriously?!?!? Traveling alone is simply FANTASTIC!!!

First of all, I'm single, so that makes it easy, but, I have been to more than 60 countries mostly traveling alone! I can do WHAT I want - WHEN I want! When I travel with friends, I always feel limited in what I can do, to some degree, having to show them around, etc. When I first started my globetrotting, I went to Europe with a very good friend, and we CONSTANTLY bucked heads and fought! He asked me to go to Europe again a number of years later, and I simply said NO!!!! More recently, I have gone to Europe and a few other places with good friends that I know have similar interests to me.

Keith2004, AANYC1981 and jaimemayo like this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by safari ari
I flew ATL-LIM about a year ago, but for that flight it was on a 767, so lie flat seats etc with amenity kits both ways and bedding/pilows, mind you the flight to LIM versus CTG is almost 2 hours longer from ATL.
LIM is an actual D1 route which means it gets the full D1 treatment. CTG is not. It's just an F flight and is comp upgrade eligible. They may go above and beyond the normal F amenities on certain routes like this, but there are no guarantees since DL just markets it as F.

Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Champagne and juice were served as we pre-boarded.
Are you sure that it was real champagne and not Spanish or Italian sparkling wine?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I am also wondering if this is the same experience in F for other northern South American cities, like BOG, UIO and LIM.
This was my experience when I flew to Panama last year. On the way down, it was great. On the way back, they didn't have linen, the silverware was plastic and the wine was down to 1 bottle of white and 1 bottle of red. No sparkling wine. I was told this is common out of Panama. On some of the Caribbean flights it also is common to have limited wine or pop on return flights. Apparently, Delta doesn't always have enough local catering inventory.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pgh234
I had a very similar experience to the OP on ATL-MDE. I think it is standard par on these northern South America routes.
No amenity kits, printed menus or enhanced bedding on flights to Panama, which are about the same length as Cartagena. The same for Aruba. I can't speak to the service on Delta's flights to Caracas before the airline ended this route.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:57 am

On a return CUN-JFK, no sparkling wine was loaded but they did have Woodford.
Can they provision the beverages round trip or do they have to be offloaded because it is an international flight?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire
I'm flying this route in April (ATL > CTG) and was expecting just a regular domestic style F so the D1-like service on the way down will (hopefully) be a pleasant surprise. I wish they did the same on the way back. I'll try to remember to report back my experience if it's any different than what's currently stated here.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA PS, VX, Natl EE, Hertz PC
So my question is, what's happening with all that Westin bedding? Either 1) its supposed to be provisioned round trip and it disappears, or 2) it goes back to the mainland on a different flight. Since the only DL flights from CTG are to ATL and JFK, is it going to JFK? Third option, the break room in CTG is a massive Westin pillow fort.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:26 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by inthecloud
So my question is, what's happening with all that Westin bedding? Either 1) its supposed to be provisioned round trip and it disappears, or 2) it goes back to the mainland on a different flight. Since the only DL flights from CTG are to ATL and JFK, is it going to JFK? Third option, the break room in CTG is a massive Westin pillow fort.
Do you really want <soiled> "not-so-heavenly bedding" that was used on the flight down?!?

Maybe there'za needy Westin in Cartagena!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I did ATL-CTG-ATL in Jul 2017 for a bday trip and had the same experience. For such a small market (3-4x weekly), I think the way back isn't as good because the flight is round-trip catered......could that be the reason? I think we did get an amenity kits both ways though.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I did ATL-CTG-ATL in Jul 2017 for a bday trip and had the same experience. For such a small market (3-4x weekly), I think the way back isn't as good because the flight is round-trip catered......could that be the reason? I think we did get an amenity kits both ways though.
Its that simple. CTG is not a station DL has major catering. Meals coming back are more basic and they do not have the space on the plane to cater amenities both ways. BOG should get full service in both directions though.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by aero0729
Its that simple. CTG is not a station DL has major catering. Meals coming back are more basic and they do not have the space on the plane to cater amenities both ways. BOG should get full service in both directions though.

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. They could easily put the extra sets of bedding and amenity kits, as well as any non-perishable food times (snacks, wine, etc) in the cargo hold. This would not take up that much room. Perhaps it's really not possible to cater quality meals at this airport, but I kind of doubt it.

This is one of those strange "business class" routes that Delta has never defined well in anything published. I'm not sure why they don't feel the need to set service expectations for these routes, but perhaps they are just not profitable enough?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.