Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

skymiles redemption - aeroflot disappeared ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

skymiles redemption - aeroflot disappeared ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by lewinr
a friend of mine who is close to the situation tells me that aeroflot has pulled all transatlantic inventory and is trying to renegotiate rates, whatever that means. He says it might be resolved within 1-2 months, but no guarantee.
Thanks for the update.

Until recently it was still possible to redeem short-haul SU --- I had success booking SVO-ARN and SVO-AER this summer.

But now all SU seems to be blocked, even SVO-LED with 15+ daily flights on any date.

Edited to add: Spoke with DL agent who found a note that DL / SU redemption agreement ended on August 15, 2018 and was not renewed. She contacted support desk who gave the same informatiom. There is no ETA about when or if SU awards will be available. Note that it's still possible to earn moles on SU based on booking class.

This is very frustrating. At least DL should update the website and remove SU from redemption partners.
eastindywalrus likes this.

Last edited by AntonS; Sep 4, 2018 at 10:10 am
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
While petty, it's possible current US/Russia relations may be at issue. Other possibility is the fact so many award routes were requiring SU in order to be bookable, SU may want more $ from DL. I'm curious what if anything the Skyteam alliance contracts say about this situation.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I'm curious what if anything the Skyteam alliance contracts say about this situation.
Me too. It should be "illegal" for a SkyTeam airline not to offer award booking on all other SkyTeam airlines. If an airline fails to do so (as DL is doing here), it should be expelled from SkyTeam or at least relegated to an "associate member" or such status and not be a full-fledged member. Of course, fat chance of that happening. But it just really isn't right for DL and SU to be in SkyTeam on paper but not so in practice (award redemption).
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: UA, Delta, SPG, MAR
Originally Posted by AntonS
Thanks for the update.

Until recently it was still possible to redeem short-haul SU --- I had success booking SVO-ARN and SVO-AER this summer.

But now all SU seems to be blocked, even SVO-LED with 15+ daily flights on any date.

Edited to add: Spoke with DL agent who found a note that DL / SU redemption agreement ended on August 15, 2018 and was not renewed. She contacted support desk who gave the same informatiom. There is no ETA about when or if SU awards will be available. Note that it's still possible to earn moles on SU based on booking class.

This is very frustrating. At least DL should update the website and remove SU from redemption partners.
That is crazy for Skyteam partners. If it was a one off partnership I would understand. I doubt Aeroflot wants to exit Skyteam now, but perhaps that's what is happening,..
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Me too. It should be "illegal" for a SkyTeam airline not to offer award booking on all other SkyTeam airlines. If an airline fails to do so (as DL is doing here), it should be expelled from SkyTeam or at least relegated to an "associate member" or such status and not be a full-fledged member. Of course, fat chance of that happening. But it just really isn't right for DL and SU to be in SkyTeam on paper but not so in practice (award redemption).
Even if this could happen...it wouldn't affect DL. The current CEO of SkyTeam is technically an SVP for Delta, based in Amsterdam, reporting to either Ed or one of Ed's direct reports.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Very frustrating that FB (and EF!) is showing SU on exactly the days I need JFK-SVO but DL has nada. Arrrgh.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ
The problem isnt Delta but Aeroflot who are making no award inventory available to partners. AF/KL/KE and all other skyteam partners also are unable to provide trans-atlantic awards on Aeroflot at the moment.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by lewinr
The problem isnt Delta but Aeroflot who are making no award inventory available to partners. AF/KL/KE and all other skyteam partners also are unable to provide trans-atlantic awards on Aeroflot at the moment.
​​​​Not just TATL, Delta is unable to provide any SU awards since August 15, 2018 when redemption agreement with SU lapsed (this is according to DL reservations).

Can other SkyTeam partners still provide short-haul SU awards?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
It seems DL still doesn't have access to any SU award space?

At least some TATL flights are still bookable using FB miles.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Still not bookable with DL
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA, Delta, SPG, MAR
So strange that they just zero it our without any announcements....
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:15 pm

Any idea if this has been resolved?

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2020, 6:00 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Does anyone know whether there is any update on this? Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2020, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Christian K
Does anyone know whether there is any update on this? Thanks!
No change. Still not bookable and no sign of when that may change.
Christian K likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by flyerCO
While petty, it's possible current US/Russia relations may be at issue. Other possibility is the fact so many award routes were requiring SU in order to be bookable, SU may want more $ from DL. I'm curious what if anything the Skyteam alliance contracts say about this situation.
Well to be fair, the new Aeroflot J is amazing though I'm surprised Aeroflot would really push this because even in the past prior to Covid, they released very little J award space to partners so DL can argue that there is no need for them to pay higher rates when Aeroflot barely gives them any space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.