Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

skymiles redemption - aeroflot disappeared ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

skymiles redemption - aeroflot disappeared ?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: UA, Delta, SPG, MAR
Wondering if anyone heard an update on this issue. Zero JFK-SVO availability on any dates and the connecting flight I checked that show available also fail to book at the end giving an error. I thought about booking one way business JFK-SVO-TLL and just skipping the last leg, but ran into that error. Just seems crazy to have no partner availability of any sort and not give an explanation.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by const3
Wondering if anyone heard an update on this issue. Zero JFK-SVO availability on any dates and the connecting flight I checked that show available also fail to book at the end giving an error. I thought about booking one way business JFK-SVO-TLL and just skipping the last leg, but ran into that error. Just seems crazy to have no partner availability of any sort and not give an explanation.
Still no SU availability also IME. Shows in search, but fails at ticketing. Then after a while stops showing.

This is not uncommon, in that there's been times when other airlines and or routes have been zero'ed out for a long time. I mean some airlines and routes have been blocked by DL for years. For example, HNL-ICN (KE52-53/54-55) route is completely blocked and has been for some 4+ years. Never, ever, available in O or X: blocked completely (have to book KE1-2 HNL-NRT instead).

This airline wide blockage (by SU I suspect, not DL) is sort of like NZ (or to a certain degree QF) never being available to book in *A. Happens in all alliances. Some airlines just don't cooperate and don't release almost any - and sometimes literally no - awards to others in the alliance. Other times the ticketing airline blocks it, like DL - I suspect (or could be KE) - blocking most route if not all KE flights Fri, Sat & Sun (leaving only Mon-Thu available).
Old May 8, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by RealHJ
This airline wide blockage (by SU I suspect, not DL) is sort of like NZ (or to a certain degree QF) never being available to book in *A.
I've booked NZ several times with UA miles. I've never really had an issue finding what I want, +/- a day or two max. All pacific-only flights though. I can say with certainty, 'never' is not the right word, unless you mean a particular route.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I've booked NZ several times with UA miles. I've never really had an issue finding what I want, +/- a day or two max. All pacific-only flights though. I can say with certainty, 'never' is not the right word, unless you mean a particular route.
You're right. I've only searched for HNL-AKL. Never, not once, seen it available, from 1 to 350 or what not days out that UA allows you to search, and searched on ANA and Aeroplan also. Never even one seat available. That seems to be just like HNL-ICN on KE: totally blocked.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Is Aeroflot totally denying access to partners? Expert Flyer shows 5-7 seats on some days and DL/KE/FB show nothing. Has anyone attempted to get call center to try and book manually?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by damaxer91
Is Aeroflot totally denying access to partners? Expert Flyer shows 5-7 seats on some days and DL/KE/FB show nothing. Has anyone attempted to get call center to try and book manually?
There is clearly a glitch or a purposeful change of Aeroflot policy, but the agents refuse to admit it. They just say there is no availability "that day"....
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by const3
There is clearly a glitch or a purposeful change of Aeroflot policy, but the agents refuse to admit it. They just say there is no availability "that day"....
Seems that this "glitch" also affects Flying Blue, but there are some days they have seats while Delta doesnt.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:29 am

indeed this is very odd, lots of O class availability on dates in Sept SVO-CDG , but neither DL, KE, AZ nor AF show any availability. However other SU destinations like GVA and FCO have seats available in O class and DL/KE/AZ/AF show availability, so the problem is only for some specific routes like CDG.

However it is not consistent for all partners for all days. For example, AZ showed no availability on the SVO-LAX route for any seats in business or eceonomy from mid-september until the end of the year, whereas DL showed just a few days with availability and AF shows significantly more days with both business and economy awards available. (I didnt check KE). So I doubt it is a general limitation from the side of Aeroflot but something more complex is going on...

Perhaps now Skyteam is using a system where partners provide cost of awards rather than simply a quantity of seats available, and each partner decides whether they are willing to offer them or not...
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by lewinr
Perhaps now Skyteam is using a system where partners provide cost of awards rather than simply a quantity of seats available, and each partner decides whether they are willing to offer them or not...
That is highly unlikely, as that would require a well-coordinated by all airlines update and further integration of the reservation systems. When has been the strength of SkyTeam (or any alliance, for that matter)?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:47 pm

true, but I dont know how to explain the current situation.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:09 pm

true, but I dont know how to explain the current situation.
I know. Same here. It may be intentional blocking, but most likely and realistically is just crappy and buggy reservations systems using cached/outdated data. Unless you try to ticket it, you can't really know if what you are seeing is really available and bookable or not. (Happens to all airlines. AA sometimes shows AY flights phantom availability also. Other times it doesn't show AY flights online, but if you see it online on BA.com and call to book then it is available and you can still book it. Here I mean, unless you call DL and try to get a competent agent to really try to search for and book the SU flights you are not seeing on delta.com, you can't really know are they really not available for booking, or just not showing up in standard (buggy) searches.)

For all that is holy and good in the universe I certainly hope that DL/SkyTeam are not moving to a revenue-based award pricing model across multiple airlines (i.e. SkyTeam/partner) awards. I am hoping and praying that the sheer complexity of implementing that is past the competence levels of DL IT (or any airline/alliance, for that matter).
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:22 pm

Seems all SU premium seats are gone. Even to third country via SVO
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:01 pm

any update on this ?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:25 pm

a friend of mine who is close to the situation tells me that aeroflot has pulled all transatlantic inventory and is trying to renegotiate rates, whatever that means. He says it might be resolved within 1-2 months, but no guarantee.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:41 pm

a friend of mine who is close to the situation tells me that aeroflot has pulled all transatlantic inventory and is trying to renegotiate rates, whatever that means. He says it might be resolved within 1-2 months, but no guarantee.
thanks ! that makes sense. good info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.