Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

unprofessional & rude diamond line skymiles representative....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

unprofessional & rude diamond line skymiles representative....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
IDK...playing devil's advocate - if the verbosity of the phone call is reflected in the length of the above post, the employee might have a bit of a point.

I wondered about that, and know that when people can't figure out how to be concise that it can be really frustrating, but as long as OP was not being rude, the agent should have been polite and courteous.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bubbashow
IDK...playing devil's advocate - if the verbosity of the phone call is reflected in the length of the above post, the employee might have a bit of a point.
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I wondered about that, and know that when people can't figure out how to be concise that it can be really frustrating, but as long as OP was not being rude, the agent should have been polite and courteous.
just to point out, the call with the 2nd agent lasted all of 6 minutes....she heard what i had to say, put me on hold to take care of the issue & sorted it out right away....it should have taken the same amount of time with the first agent if she would have given me 20 seconds to explain the situation at the start of the call....
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond. LT SkyClub, AGR, passport
Originally Posted by Allan38103
Sounds to me like a "less than professional" agent trying to explain to a DYKWIA. Personalities clash.
It takes one to know one! DYKWIA is comment that should be reserved for the extreme cases. Sadly, if you point out that you are a good customer, you can mistakenly fall into that category. And the audacity of someone trying to collect miles after receiving an UG! (sarcasm intended.)
Keyser and jdrtravel like this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
The next time, the moment you get any kind of attitude like that, ask for a supervisor. This will allow you both address your issue that you called about as well as report the agent. I would have done so the moment she said "if you go on talking then you are just wasting time."
This. I would have either asked for a Supervisor or hung up the first time she interrupted you - if someone is nasty to start, they aren't going to get better, and I don't want to talk to them.

Supervisors by request can also get all of the prior agent's REAL identifying emails and file a complaint. DL will internally investigate up to and including listening to the recording.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:07 pm

Can't any agent answer the queue of calls and when the customer's information populates it shows that the customer is a DIamond or Medallion Member and address them as such? As long as the agent is logged in they can get any calls even priority calls from the Frequent Flier Priority Line. Perhaps this agent was not trained or was a new trainee and sadly you got the brunt end of it.

I would have asked for a supervisor and if the agent refused I would ask for their Agent# and document the date and time of the call and call back or Tweet Delta for them to pull the call and listen to it. Perhaps Delta had issues with this particular agent and is building up a case for either reassignment or dismissal from Delta. Delta needs to hear about this and yes they do record and monitor the calls for quality and training purposes. Perhaps this agent's supervisor was listening in on the call but I would still report it.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sounds to me like a "less than professional" agent trying to explain to a DYKWIA. Personalities clash.
I agree with others. This comment is completely uncalled for.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by hotturnip
But this is, after all, FT.

I agree that the comment was inappropriate, but it is tame compared to the derogations that are too frequently uttered by a certain fraternity of members who seem to get their jollies by ad hominem attacks on others.
DiverDave and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hotturnip
But completely in character for this particular poster.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Sometimes when the phone lines are busy, a "regular" agent will answer the DM line and pretend to be DM agent. Some of these people know little about the DL FF program (or elite benefits). Sometimes I ask whether I've reached a dedicated DM agent, although of course the agent could lie about that.
This...

The next time, the moment you get any kind of attitude like that, ask for a supervisor. This will allow you both address your issue that you called about as well as report the agent. I would have done so the moment she said "if you go on talking then you are just wasting time."
And then this... definitely just do this. I've had a couple people be rude and I just ask for a supervisor. Most of the time suddenly agent is willing to be helpful.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:12 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
I had this problem twice last year - couldn't get credit for a partner flight.

Phone calls and online complaint form didn't resolve the issue. I had made 3 phone calls plus 2 online complaints for each incident. I was only able to get proper credit by snail mail or fax with a lot of documentation to back it up. It took 5 weeks for the first and 7 weeks for the second to get credit.

Explaining the back story on the phone won't help because if the code is wrong it can only be fixed at the SM desk - which no mere mortal can call. But people who get the snail mail or fax can call someone who can get the credit posted in a couple of hours.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
i had taken a flight with a partner airline earlier this month & i purchased the fare in 'k' class which is a miles eligible class as per the delta website....on the day of the flight i was offered an upgrade to business class but i was unsure whether the upgrade would exclude me from earning miles & mqms so i called the diamond line to ask what would happen in this scenario....i was informed by the agent that the class i flew in had no bearing & the class i purchased the fare in would determine the skymiles activity....based on this information i went ahead & processed the upgrade....my boarding pass indicated the class of service as 'd'
First of all, never ever believe what a Delta representative tells you in these circumstances - unless you get it in writing. Check the current partner earning table on the Delta website and keep a screen dump if you suspect that you may have a problem receiving the correct Skymiles credit.

Second, never phone Delta representatives regarding missing miles. First use the missing miles form on the Delta website. Then escalate use smail or fax if necessary.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
First of all, never ever believe what a Delta representative tells you in these circumstances - unless you get it in writing. Check the current partner earning table on the Delta website and keep a screen dump if you suspect that you may have a problem receiving the correct Skymiles credit.
the website on the partner airline page clearly stated that mileage would be determined on the fare class paid....it however says nothing about getting an upgrade so i just wanted to confirm that with a delta representative & that is why i called....

Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Second, never phone Delta representatives regarding missing miles. First use the missing miles form on the Delta website. Then escalate use smail or fax if necessary.
i did do that....i initially filled in the missing miles form online....i only called after the activity posted incorrectly....i have faxed copies of my ticket & boarding passes in the past when partner airline activity hasn't posted even after filling in the missing miles form but this was the first time an activity posted as ineligible for mileage credit so i was in uncharted territory & thought calling would be best....
HKG_Flyer1 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Res agents are clueless about SM.

Unfortunately, SM agents are equally clueless.

I have seen an uptick of regular agents answering DM calls.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

No clue how anyone could come to this conclusion unless they are in the pro-airline, airline can never do any wrong camp.

Last edited by apodo77; Feb 21, 2018 at 8:16 am
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I've had a bum run of lousy agents over the last few months. It's a really noticeable decline in quality and I'm wondering if something systematic has happened: until recently, almost all my phone agent experiences were uniformly positive.

Does anyone know if they're no longer maintaining a pool of Diamond-specific agents? Or if they've cut staffing, resulting in more calls being routed to the general pool? Or something else that would explain what (in my admittedly anecdotal experience) has been a major drop in quality?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.