Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL216 - February 21st 2018 - What's going on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE

My friend's brother is currently on DL216 (DKR-JFK). About 2.5h into the flight, they dropped to 10,000 and turned around. They are now apparently headed back to DKR. Does anybody know what is going on with this flight? The crew has been silent so far. I figure it is probably an issue with the pressurization of the cabin but there are many other plausible reasons one can imagine.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jasdou
My friend's brother is currently on DL216 (DKR-JFK). About 2.5h into the flight, they dropped to 10,000 and turned around. They are now apparently headed back to DKR. Does anybody know what is going on with this flight? The crew has been silent so far. I figure it is probably an issue with the pressurization of the cabin but there are many other plausible reasons one can imagine.
99% sure it’s cabin pressure, or something that could compromise it, based on that description. Best case scenario they fix it quickly, worst case they have to fly in a sub from the US.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:11 am

Its strange that both flightaware and flightradar24 do not show turn around and instead show some bogus location (I assume projection of flight path based on elapsed time), but delta.com show turn around and 10,000ft altitude.

Did they lose a transponder?

Is it really a 757 doing 9 hour DSS-JFK?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
3800 miles is well within the range of a 75S.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
They have finally heard from the crew. Pressure issues in the cockpit, not main cabin it would seem. Smooth descent down to 10,000 feet. They should be in the ground soon.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: DL DM
They have finally heard from the crew. Pressure issues in the cockpit, not main cabin it would seem. Smooth descent down to 10,000 feet. They should be in the ground soon.
Any pressurization issue in the cockpit would affect the main cabin. Cockpits are not air tight.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:08 am

Smile

Ah.. probably windshield issues...

They should be in the ground soon.
you'd hope not..

Last edited by jeet; Feb 21, 2018 at 8:11 am Reason: added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.