FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   ATL International Check-In at Domestic Terminal? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1889622-atl-international-check-domestic-terminal.html)

flyerCO Dec 24, 2022 8:49 am

Originally Posted by adhiren (Post 34860736)
Except at JFK where if you have SkyPriority on a Virgin Atlantic operated flight, you don't need to go to the Virgin Atlantic check-in area but can go the sepeate Sky Priority area which is handled by Delta in their area. Granted the signage does include Virgin Atlantic on it.

You're still checking in with VS. It's just a DL agent is handling it. Just like AF/KL at ATL. You're not checking in with DL, just DL agent handling checkin for AF/KL.

rcmiller Mar 11, 2024 7:07 pm

I know Delta will check bags on either side for DL metal flights, just trying to make sure I’m clear on where my bags will end up. Flying ATL-LHR with an EDI-JFK-ATL return. All DL metal. Since we connect in US on the return, the bags will go to the domestic side, correct? Which means we will plan to check in on domestic side as well to keep it simple with parking and avoiding the shuttle bus.

MichaelKade Mar 11, 2024 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by rcmiller (Post 36072586)
I know Delta will check bags on either side for DL metal flights, just trying to make sure I’m clear on where my bags will end up. Flying ATL-LHR with an EDI-JFK-ATL return. All DL metal. Since we connect in US on the return, the bags will go to the domestic side, correct? Which means we will plan to check in on domestic side as well to keep it simple with parking and avoiding the shuttle bus.

Correct. Bags will clear customs in JFK, then re-checked as a domestic bag.

sydneyracquelle Mar 11, 2024 8:13 pm

Yes park at domestic if you will have checked luggage coming from JFK.

xliioper Mar 11, 2024 8:53 pm

Note that you will need to collect bags before customs at JFK and re-check them. They will not be tranferred between flights for you.