Wiki Posts
Search

Checkin at BOS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Tillmark
Wow, that's a lot of replies! Thanks

and I have "SkyPriority" (flying Delta First) and Star Alliance Gold, is there any fast track thru customs at BOS at terminal A?
Since DL stopped walking premium passengers to the head of the immigration line at JFK, the only "fast-track" for immigration and customs that I know of is Global Entry, which requires payments, screening and interviews.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by mot29
Since DL stopped walking premium passengers to the head of the immigration line at JFK, the only "fast-track" for immigration and customs that I know of is Global Entry, which requires payments, screening and interviews.
If you don’t have Global Entry, the Mobile Passport app will get you through immigration faster. BOS is set up to use the Mobile Passport, which you can download to your phone from the App Store.

You have to be a US citizen or Canadian B1/B2 visa holder to use this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Also, if it's warm enough, cut thru Central Parking. It's less than 10 minutes walk thru central parking from E entrance to A.

Also, IMHO, the walk from Main A terminal (gates 1-12) to Satellite A (13-to whatever) is less than 10 minutes. You go thru security, walk 10 steps, down a 2 floor escalator, 2 magic carpets (about a minute each if you walk and carpet simultaneously), another 10 steps to a 2 floor escalator up and boom, you are in Satellite. I would say 5 minutes, if that. Security to the farthest gate in Satellite is 10 min max, and that is at a very leisurely pace. Your foot speed may vary

4 hours is plenty of time.

Warning, though..if you have pre-check, BOS starts shutting down pre-check, on a rolling schedule, starting at 6(?). I think its 7p in Terminal A (I always take AM flights, so this is to the best of my recollection)
The walk from E to A is through heated bridges. No cold to worry about.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by RobertS975
The walk from E to A is through heated bridges. No cold to worry about.
Robert, is this going thru the terminals or cutting thru central parking? I thought going thru central parking you had to walk outside for a spell. Guess you can tell I almost always take a cab/uber into my home airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.