Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I need 45,500 MQM's and $7,200 PQD's by 12/31...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need 45,500 MQM's and $7,200 PQD's by 12/31...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Round trip to JNB from SEA (through ATL on the most direct routing) is just over 31k MQM in J. Routing through AMS (still one-stop) to JNB is similar.
Round trip to SYD from SEA (through LAX on the most direct routing) is just over 25k MQM in J. Adding in AKL RT on VA makes it around 31k.
Round trip SEA-PEK non-stop is just over 16k in J

I think you'll struggle to do this in one trip, and probably it will be difficult to find a short notice itinerary that gives you 45k MQM all in J for less than $7200 MQD. The distance around the world at the equator is less than 25k miles.

If I were going to spend the $$, I'd be after a better J class than DL offers. Haven't priced it, but it would be possible to go SEA-LAX-MEL-HKG-SEA with the LAX-MEL-HKG segments in VA's excellent J product. That would give you 30k MQM in J, and with only one hassle connection (LAX). You could see a couple nice cities. But you'd still need to tack on a SEA-PEK or SEA-AMS mileage run or something similar to get to your 45k.
If I figured it out correctly, SEA LHR JNB booked in J on VS and flown by 31 Dec 2017 would yield ~$6200-8300 MQD (30-40% of distance flown) and 150-200% MQMs (31261-41682) depending on which J fare class it's booked in. Biggest catch at this point is time.

SEA-LHR-HKG and back on VS would be a few more miles.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
This has to be a joke.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:15 am

Hi -

Or a corporate DL Lurker data mining.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

Fantastic suggestion...
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

What on earth would they be data mining? What use, statistically, would this sample size be? Did they post 9000 times over 10 years in the UA forum to get properly infiltrated so we would never expect it?

This suggestion is even more ridiculous than the OP... but people do love conspiracy theories.
pvn and SoroSuub1 like this.

Last edited by CPMaverick; Dec 26, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/DM, *wood Lifetime Gold
If you have a delta Amex switch from a platinum or reserve card and spend $60k by EOY for a 30K MQM boost (Or Reserve -> Plat for 20k MQM with 50k spend). Or someone can gift you their MQM from their delta reserve if they *already* hit the thresholds and haven't gifted their miles. This will make the remaining MQM and MQDs more achievable.

Last edited by syd999; Dec 26, 2017 at 9:27 pm
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the OP purchases D1, it will be hard to not hit the MQDs (except if OP uses some exceptional sale fare) but getting the MQMs by NYE will be hard at 150% (for instance, the JNB route from SEA yields about 30,000 MQDs) as this would seem to require an additional TATL RT. However, the DL 200% fares are very expensive.

Perhaps there's something on MU that gives 200% and is reasonable, perhaps a PVG connection to AU/NZ or going to western Europe the long way and then heading back to SEA through Asia, although from the west coast this isn't so many extra miles. How about going to Asia from SEA via Europe using MU for as much as possible of the route?
SoroSuub1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.