FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   JFK-TLV as PM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1884244-jfk-tlv-pm.html)

grunze Dec 23, 2017 8:54 am

JFK-TLV as PM

Hi friends,

I've recently turned PM. I'll be booking JFK-TLV return for a work trip at the end of January.
My understanding from a previous thread is that as PM, if I book main cabin, there is a VERY high change that I'll be upgraded to Comfort+ immediately after booking.

Is that correct?

Are there any other ways I can take advantage of my PM status on this trip? Aside from lounge access and checked bags?

Thanks very much!

brillantesg Dec 23, 2017 8:57 am

I believe if you book Y, then within 72 hours of departure you'll be able to just move up to C+ no extra charge. I recently was flying BCN-JFK as SM and was able to move from main cabin to C+ at no extra charge within 24 hours of departure. Just check the seat map within the time frame to see if there are any available C+ to change to.

MCO Flyer Dec 23, 2017 9:05 am

Originally Posted by brillantesg (Post 29208421)
I believe if you book Y, then within 72 hours of departure you'll be able to just move up to C+ no extra charge. I recently was flying BCN-JFK as SM and was able to move from main cabin to C+ at no extra charge within 24 hours of departure. Just check the seat map within the time frame to see if there are any available C+ to change to.

72 hours is for GMs, PMs and DMs are Eligible for C+ after booking.

grunze Dec 23, 2017 10:28 am

Hi and thanks. The code I'm seeing is X when I try and book on Delta.com. Will that effect my upgradability?

MCO Flyer Dec 23, 2017 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by grunze (Post 29208640)
Hi and thanks. The code I'm seeing is X when I try and book on Delta.com. Will that effect my upgradability?

That won’t affect your eligibility. When booking, click the view UG Eligibility button (Usually above the price) and see if it says UG Available (Not Eligible) and if it does than it will clear immediately.

grunze Dec 23, 2017 12:33 pm

Great. Thanks!

Are there any other ways I can take advantage of my new PM status on this trip? Aside from lounge access and checked bags?

3Cforme Dec 23, 2017 1:24 pm

Did you perhaps book eight companions in the same reservation to use the full expanse of the baggage benefit?

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...on-status.html

FlyFromDTW Dec 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by grunze (Post 29208640)

Note that no lounge access (when return) in TLV unless in Delta One, for any Medallion level. There is only a partner lounge which is not very good anyway so not missing much.

roberto.triviani Dec 25, 2017 8:56 am

Originally Posted by FlyFromDTW (Post 29209914)

Note that no lounge access (when return) in TLV unless in Delta One, for any Medallion level. There is only a partner lounge which is not very good anyway so not missing much.

I've received lounge access at TLV for both when I fly D1 and when in economy. I believe I got it when I was PM, but definitely as DM .

As others have noted, you should be able to select C+ seats immediately.

FlyFromDTW Dec 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by roberto.triviani (Post 29213420)
I've received lounge access at TLV for both when I fly D1 and when in economy. I believe I got it when I was PM, but definitely as DM .

As others have noted, you should be able to select C+ seats immediately.

Flew as a DM about 3 weeks ago, no longer get lounge access unless in Delta One

grunze Dec 28, 2017 8:52 am

Many thanks for all the advice friends!