JFK-TLV as PM

Old Dec 23, 17, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
JFK-TLV as PM

Hi friends,

I've recently turned PM. I'll be booking JFK-TLV return for a work trip at the end of January.
My understanding from a previous thread is that as PM, if I book main cabin, there is a VERY high change that I'll be upgraded to Comfort+ immediately after booking.

Is that correct?

Are there any other ways I can take advantage of my PM status on this trip? Aside from lounge access and checked bags?

Thanks very much!
Old Dec 23, 17, 8:57 am

I believe if you book Y, then within 72 hours of departure you'll be able to just move up to C+ no extra charge. I recently was flying BCN-JFK as SM and was able to move from main cabin to C+ at no extra charge within 24 hours of departure. Just check the seat map within the time frame to see if there are any available C+ to change to.
Old Dec 23, 17, 9:05 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by brillantesg View Post
I believe if you book Y, then within 72 hours of departure you'll be able to just move up to C+ no extra charge. I recently was flying BCN-JFK as SM and was able to move from main cabin to C+ at no extra charge within 24 hours of departure. Just check the seat map within the time frame to see if there are any available C+ to change to.
72 hours is for GMs, PMs and DMs are Eligible for C+ after booking.
Old Dec 23, 17, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Hi and thanks. The code I'm seeing is X when I try and book on Delta.com. Will that effect my upgradability?
Old Dec 23, 17, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by grunze View Post
Hi and thanks. The code I'm seeing is X when I try and book on Delta.com. Will that effect my upgradability?
That won’t affect your eligibility. When booking, click the view UG Eligibility button (Usually above the price) and see if it says UG Available (Not Eligible) and if it does than it will clear immediately.
Old Dec 23, 17, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Great. Thanks!

Are there any other ways I can take advantage of my new PM status on this trip? Aside from lounge access and checked bags?
Old Dec 23, 17, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Did you perhaps book eight companions in the same reservation to use the full expanse of the baggage benefit?

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...on-status.html
ijgordon, Bensky13 and hi55us like this.
Old Dec 23, 17, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by grunze View Post
Note that no lounge access (when return) in TLV unless in Delta One, for any Medallion level. There is only a partner lounge which is not very good anyway so not missing much.

Old Dec 25, 17, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyFromDTW View Post

Note that no lounge access (when return) in TLV unless in Delta One, for any Medallion level. There is only a partner lounge which is not very good anyway so not missing much.

I've received lounge access at TLV for both when I fly D1 and when in economy. I believe I got it when I was PM, but definitely as DM .

As others have noted, you should be able to select C+ seats immediately.
Old Dec 25, 17, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by roberto.triviani View Post
I've received lounge access at TLV for both when I fly D1 and when in economy. I believe I got it when I was PM, but definitely as DM .

As others have noted, you should be able to select C+ seats immediately.
Flew as a DM about 3 weeks ago, no longer get lounge access unless in Delta One
Old Dec 28, 17, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for all the advice friends!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: