Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky club coming to AUS 2019!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
To where? A flight to a hub is not an expansion for AUS. It's an expansion of that hub.
[/QUOTE]

My apologies, I meant airport expansion which is well underway.
[/QUOTE]

Ah ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now

Except for MEM, CVG and IND, we have all of those already from AUS!
Delta flies to MCO from SAT? Regardless, I never said they didn't already fly to most of them. A couple of them are only once a day which would also increase in a focus city situation.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Nice. Will visit it a few times a year!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
YYZ desperately needs a SC.
There's a Plaza Premium lounge (priority pass) in T3 Pre Clearance now. There is rumors (and only rumors) DL will be allowing passengers connecting to D1 flights to use it.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Noice! BWI needs one now!!
+1

With flights to the three hubs and SLC, JFK, and CVG, I think it is justified.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Dalewood
+1

With flights to the three hubs and SLC, JFK, and CVG, I think it is justified.
RDU as well!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 8:54 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card

Except for MEM, CVG and IND, we have all of those already from AUS!
The only MEM-AUS flight currently is on Allegiant, and I think it's 2x/week. WN had one for a while but but it was Saturday only IIRC.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
The smart money is on Amazon HQ2 locating in Austin as well, so I think AUS could be in for dramatic expansion in the next few years. Even if it goes to a different city, there will still be business travel growth as a Whole Foods integrates into the mothership...

Texas is a huge gap in the DL network, and I’d love to see a few more regional flights added to keep AA in check...
DeltaFan4Now likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BenA
The smart money is on Amazon HQ2 locating in Austin as well, so I think AUS could be in for dramatic expansion in the next few years. Even if it goes to a different city, there will still be business travel growth as a Whole Foods integrates into the mothership...

Texas is a huge gap in the DL network, and I’d love to see a few more regional flights added to keep AA in check...
If HQ2 goes to Austin, CVG-AUS almost certainly starts.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Traveling for the holidays and saw a sign at the airport announcing a SC in AUS coming in 2019. Yay!
Any idea where in the airport? Whenever I'm there AUS feels way too crowded/small for it's design size vs. current traffic.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by WWads

If HQ2 goes to Austin, CVG-AUS almost certainly starts.
AUS is way too small to support the scope of something like HQ2. It would ruin AUS.

My bet is ATL and GA has a long history of giving away the farm to lure businesses.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Any idea where in the airport? Whenever I'm there AUS feels way too crowded/small for it's design size vs. current traffic.
They didn’t say on the signage, but I wonder if it’ll go in the new expansion down by gates 1-4.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
An article I read a month or two ago said a new club for a 'legacy airline' would be included in the gate expansion that is currently being built (many of us assumed it was a Sky Club but the airport would not disclose the airline as the contract was not signed yet). That's why the club is not coming until 2019, because construction of the expansion needs to complete.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler

They didn’t say on the signage, but I wonder if it’ll go in the new expansion down by gates 1-4.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ty97
An article I read a month or two ago said a new club for a 'legacy airline' would be included in the gate expansion that is currently being built (many of us assumed it was a Sky Club but the airport would not disclose the airline as the contract was not signed yet). That's why the club is not coming until 2019, because construction of the expansion needs to complete.
This was the prior FT thread FWIW (includes link to that news article)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...ub-austin.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.