Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I'm in awe of my fellow passenger's dress

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm in awe of my fellow passenger's dress

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO 1MM
yeah to be totally clear, I dig it. I admire folks that are willing to blow off societal conventions as it suits them, as long as it's not hurting anyone (and this clearly isn't).
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:49 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Is anyone else outraged that she clearly is over the carry-on limit?
Traveller, ijgordon, Grog and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:51 pm

Priceless!!! Thank you for the post of the day!!! I would be worried that is my aunt but she is long dead. Is the shower cap covering up curlers? I had an aunt in her later years that always wore her housedress (nightgown), slippers and hair curlers - it was quite embarrassing at family events that were in public - like dinner at restaurants...and funerals. The last 5 years of her life, I never saw her without hair curlers - I always wondered if she ever took them out but that's not really a question one can ask

I guess when you wear something like that, they excuse your (appears to be) 4 carryon items.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by TTT
Is anyone else outraged that she clearly is over the carry-on limit?
LOL, glad to know I wasn't alone

Hmm, now I know I care more about the carry-on limit than what someone is wearing. I didn't fall for the distraction.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Walmartians have now taken to the skies!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I was wondering if the shower cap was covering curlers, too. I didn't notice it live, but looking at the photo on something bigger than my phone showed it.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
I can hear my mother's voice in my head saying, "Have you no shame?!"
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL GM
I've actually seen this before on Delta. A mother and teenage daughter boarded at the last minute in ATL into first class. The daughter was wearing pajamas and flip flops. Both had caps over their hair in curlers. During the flight, the girl changed into street clothes in the lavatory, and mom took her hair down and put on makeup. But the girl never took her hair down. Based on their conversation, they seemed to on their way to a beauty pageant for the girl. So I'm assuming she didn't want to mess up her hair on the flight.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The shower cap makes me wonder if she's dressed like that because she lost a 'friendly' bet.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: none
The time it has taken me to read this thread is three minutes of my life I'll never get back.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Allan38103
The time it has taken me to read this thread is three minutes of my life I'll never get back.
To each their own but I enjoyed it.
I also am much more faux outraged about the 5 carry ons she seems to be trying to get on the plane.
Love the outfit.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
If it weren't for the extra carry on bags, my guess would be she just came off a cruise and forgot to leave out clothes for the day when she put her bags out in the hall last night.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM
I mean she does have style. Nice shoulder bag to match the dress under the robe. I wonder what kind of message she's trying to send to the world. I wouldn't have believed OP without the picture. wow...
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
ROTFLMAO.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott, SPG
Maybe she's wearing the new swag they are giving away in the premium premium first class seats that we aren't aware of yet! LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.