Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Medallion Luggage Tags

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I have one FO tag that I use (still has the skymiles number on it so its one of the useful ones)

All my GM and FO tags besides this one have fallen off, broken in half when I got my bag back, etc. so I keep the one FO tag I have on my carry on bag.

As we all know now the PM/DM tags are worthless #bragtags without the SM number.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I got a PM tag I'll sell you for $50
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by puddinhead
My FO tags I had on carry-on have all fallen off. But like ACCDraw I like them on my carry-on to annoy DM and PM flyers that think they didn't get an upgrade.
The irony of course being that you would think PM's/DM's would know that FO's have not received bag tags in so long that they cant be from the current year.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I haven't received new KM tags for several years either. The one I have is showing a lot of wear.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by Howste
I haven't received new KM tags for several years either. The one I have is showing a lot of wear.
I’ll be happy to trade you ALL of ACCDraw.2’s tags and mine for your raggle taggle KM tag :-D

Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Over time, almost all of mine have broken off. However, when they stopped putting your SM number on them, I started printing the bar code and taped them onto my bag tags, which have lasted over the years.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: DL DM MM
I have a stack of DM luggage tags collecting dust. Only dorks attach them to their carry ons, thinking this would afford them some special treatment. The GAs and FAs already know who the DMs (and MMs) are on their manifests so no one takes those "brag" tags seriously. Given that there are tons of DM tages you can buy on eBay, anyone who is lame enough to attach them probably doesn't actually have DM status.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
I have a stack of DM luggage tags collecting dust. Only dorks attach them to their carry ons, thinking this would afford them some special treatment.
yep. I totally agree with this. Dorks and new medallions. They serve no function. Worthless. Just because you fly more than other people doesn't mean anything. Airline status is certainly not a status symbol.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Actually these tags saved me big time not too long ago (it was my AA EXP tag though). I left my laptop bag accidentally in the LAX Admirals Club with my company laptop in it (so dumb and not like me, but I digress). A club agent was able to track me down thanks to my tags, called me and shipped the bag to my hotel. I offered to pay for it, but never was charged.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Actually these tags saved me big time not too long ago (it was my AA EXP tag though). I left my laptop bag accidentally in the LAX Admirals Club with my company laptop in it (so dumb and not like me, but I digress). A club agent was able to track me down thanks to my tags, called me and shipped the bag to my hotel. I offered to pay for it, but never was charged.
I've written my name and contact info on the back of all my PM tags. It's come in handy before.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:37 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Well the delta tags don't have any identifying information on them, and of course you can put useful tags on your bags without them having a bunch of airline advertising.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by pvn
Well the delta tags don't have any identifying information on them, and of course you can put useful tags on your bags without them having a bunch of airline advertising.
DL tags don't even at least have your full name on them? In that case I can see why they're pointless. If AA's didn't have our names on them, you can't really even write it on them unless I'd mark them up with a black sharpie which would not look good.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
DL tags don't even at least have your full name on them? In that case I can see why they're pointless. If AA's didn't have our names on them, you can't really even write it on them unless I'd mark them up with a black sharpie which would not look good.
DL tags are strictly for DYKWIA purposes. No identification. They used to have a bar code only, which was at least something, but I guess it got too expensive.

I guess if they have a lost bag with a Plat tag, they can just email all the DL Platinum members asking who lost it???
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
They used to have a bar code only, which was at least something, but I guess it got too expensive.
Thats why my FO tag is still on my bag because it has the bar code, plus it covers up my information on my luggage tag.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:33 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vincentharris
The irony of course being that you would think PM's/DM's would know that FO's have not received bag tags in so long that they cant be from the current year.
Only PM's/DM's on FT would know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.