Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta having issues due to snowy US weather, Thursday 12-7-2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Delta app appears to be down, Dec 7 2017

The Delta app is apparently down. Everyone in line at the LGA skyclub couldn't open it. The desk said that it's been having problems for the past half hour.

They are printing boarding passes and making boarding announcements as there are no notifications.

I checked my Android phone and iPhone with the same result. Any one else having issues. I imagine this is going to be a bit of a cluster at security and the gates.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990

Getting server outage messages from Delta.com. SMS Lines Are full to capacity, with callbacks. The upcoming snowy weather is causing lots of people to change tickets.. Much like the spring mini meltdown..(not snow)

Apologies.. The title should be Thursday 12-7-2017. Good luck everybody.

Last edited by heckler; Dec 7, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I can't log in to the website either.
Glad I changed my flight (ATL waiver) earlier in the day.

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by jfadool
The Delta app is apparently down. Everyone in line at the LGA skyclub couldn't open it. The desk said that it's been having problems for the past half hour.

They are printing boarding passes and making boarding announcements as there are no notifications.

I checked my Android phone and iPhone with the same result. Any one else having issues. I imagine this is going to be a bit of a cluster at security and the gates.
not just the mobile app. Can't even log on to website on my tablet. Had to have skyclub print my boarding pass
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Yep both my iPhone won’t connect. I get logged out but it won’t let me login.

Its an enhancement. IT wants you to get to know your airport staff better
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Just noticed the same, first when I tried to use the app, then same result when using website.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Me too

Thought it was my browser!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:36 pm

Yeah, this is frustrating. Trying to book a flight and use an e-gift as Matrix is finally showing the fare I wanted. Hopefully the fare will still be there when things get back up.

Seth
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
This is the exact reason on every flight I get a printed boarding pass at check in desks and do the “add to wallet” option on my phone. This exact scenario here.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 3MM, AMEX Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Plus Delta is sending weather waiver e-mails to everyone flying through Atlanta tomorrow. Weather.com shows that the temps won’t get below 35 degrees!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Noticed the same. Final confirmaton page after booking timed out. Tried to call to verify if my booking went trough since i also didn't get an email, however the current hold time is 38 minutes for the DM desk

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
Mainline cancellations for 12-8 thru ATL have begin (DL1066)
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by EarlVolFan
Plus Delta is sending weather waiver e-mails to everyone flying through Atlanta tomorrow. Weather.com shows that the temps won’t get below 35 degrees!
Those wimps!
moxielady likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by vincentharris
This is the exact reason on every flight I get a printed boarding pass at check in desks and do the “add to wallet” option on my phone. This exact scenario here.
Yep, I learned that one the hard way last April during the meltdown. I left security to return to the ticket desk, I then got a return call from Delta. They we're able to rebook me so I ran back up to security but I couldn't access my boarding pass again or retrieve my new one. Didn't matter anyway as that flight got scrubbed too, but the lesson still stands. I screenshot and add my boarding passes to my Android wallet.

Originally Posted by Khssoccer16
Mainline cancellations for 12-8 thru ATL have begin (DL1066)
I'm so glad I'm flying today instead of tomorrow. I had no idea about the weather, I've been in New York all week.

Last edited by jfadool; Dec 7, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Me too

Originally Posted by vincentharris
I agree--years ago the family was flying to Japan. We got to DTW and the power went out and shut down the Delta servers. The only passengers who could board had paper passes, which I had printed at home. Not only did we did we get to Tokyo as planned, it was a delightful flight as the plane was half empty! Doesn't happen often, but I still do just as you do

Last edited by gretchendz; Dec 7, 2017 at 6:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.