Search

SLC-HNL/HNL-SLC in J

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Smile

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
I flew it just this way (was ok with normal FC for my day flight to LIH).
Many thanks for your responses
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Just booked JFK-SLC-HNL-SLC-JFK for a long weekend trip this weekend and got a very reasonable last minute FC fare (sorry upgraders.....not many seats left for those!)......I'm fine missing the pseudo DL1 service via ATL/MSP (which were sold out)......I'm not a big eater so one full meal (actually two given the connection) will be plenty for me. It's really more about the seat SLC-HNL-SLC.

Will report back with photos. SLC-HNL redeye is listed as a Dinner and not a snack.....we shall see! HNL-LAX recently was just a one choice entree (think it was hot but was listed as a snack).
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Actually one thing to note - there’s no amenity kit for HNL-SLC A330, so bring your own ear plugs.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Just FYI....check the in-flight meals thread for a report on SLC-HNL. HNL-SLC to follow later this week.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Any reports since DL switched to the 763 on this route? Flew LAX-HNL out yesterday and it was the regular domestic blanket and pillow . . . if we're getting those for the red-eye back to SLC, I'm bringing my own pillow.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:42 pm

I'm flying again this year around Thanksgiving and the schedule says A330. Good to see that there are flatbeds in the summer as well, though.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Kacee
Any reports since DL switched to the 763 on this route?
To answer my own question, it was regular domestic service with the paper covered pillow and thin blanket.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Formerly UA 1P/Gold, Hilton Gold
To answer my own question, it was regular domestic service with the paper covered pillow and thin blanket.
Thank you for this update. I have HNL-SLC at the end of this month, and based on your experience will now be BYO pillow, as I can't stand those paper things.

Somewhat related: one-way fare HNL-SLC was only $200 more in "J" than in Y. Given that food, pillows and blankets are all domestic F product, that helps explain (somewhat) why the difference was so low.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by pauly_long
Thank you for this update. I have HNL-SLC at the end of this month, and based on your experience will now be BYO pillow, as I can't stand those paper things.
Suggest a jacket or sweater as well. It was freezing (and I like the cabin cool).

Originally Posted by pauly_long
Somewhat related: one-way fare HNL-SLC was only $200 more in "J" than in Y. Given that food, pillows and blankets are all domestic F product, that helps explain (somewhat) why the difference was so low.
It may also have something to do with limited published economy fares for the one-way. The legacies don't always price their HNL one-ways as half round-trips.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:36 pm

Hope that A330 in Winter season will have proper Westin bedding though.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
From my observations, HNL-SLC aircraft can change daily. Literally. One day A330, next day standard config 767, next day horrid domestic slight recliners 767, and so on...in the course of a week you can have three totally different aircraft on the same route (not always, but in the weeks I'be observed it's been literally so the case). So, I don't think it's one aircraft set for a whole season there. Have to check daily schedules for the aircraft each day.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: DL Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Silver
Just giving this one a bump again...I'm flying the SLC - HNL route next month and thankfully it's still showing a 767 with lie flats. While I know it won't be Delta One, does anyone have any insight into the soft product upfront now that (most of) the hard product has been updated? I'm expecting the blankets and pillow to be standard (not as much of a big deal as it's a morning flight) without a Tumi kit, but wondering about the food service and anything else to expect. I usually fly the ATL - HNL route, but due to other scheduling factors, had to go through SLC this time. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by landgraf13
Just giving this one a bump again...I'm flying the SLC - HNL route next month and thankfully it's still showing a 767 with lie flats. While I know it won't be Delta One, does anyone have any insight into the soft product upfront now that (most of) the hard product has been updated? I'm expecting the blankets and pillow to be standard (not as much of a big deal as it's a morning flight) without a Tumi kit, but wondering about the food service and anything else to expect. I usually fly the ATL - HNL route, but due to other scheduling factors, had to go through SLC this time. Thanks in advance.
The aircraft changes enough that I avoid flying between HNL and SLC because I don't want to take the chance, even though many dates show lie-flat seats.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL GM
I just checked today for our October 28 trip. It has been downgraded to a 737. Hopefully just Saturday schedule change stuff. I paid for lie flats, so if they swap this up, I don’t know what to do.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
When we did this route on the A-330 it had the Westin bedding but domestic service. Only exception was mai-tais and champagne before takeoff. Meal was a basic domestic first class meal. Service from the FAs was slow and spotty. Had to literally flag them down for a drink. On the way home we slept instead of staying up for dinner. But I know they did serve a meal right after takeoff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.