Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Platinum AmEx MQM Bonus in December

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Platinum AmEx MQM Bonus in December

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta Platinum and Marriott Platinum Elite
Help. I have a friend with the Delta Platinum card. She hit the 25k spend and her statement ended 12/22/17. Her 10k mqm bonus still haven't posted 1/5/18 and her 2018 status with DAL shows her as a sky miles member. She needs the mqm bonus to make FO. Should she wait another week and see if it post or contact AmEx?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeltaAddict
Help. I have a friend with the Delta Platinum card. She hit the 25k spend and her statement ended 12/22/17. Her 10k mqm bonus still haven't posted 1/5/18 and her 2018 status with DAL shows her as a sky miles member. She needs the mqm bonus to make FO. Should she wait another week and see if it post or contact AmEx?
Did she actually hit the $25K spend before the statement close? Have her open the Statements & Activity link and then go to "Billing Statements & Documents" and open the PDF billing statement for 12/22 and check the "Miles Earned" section. There will be a sentence that says "Your Year-to-Date spend on your Delta Platinum account is $xx,xxx.xx"
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta Platinum and Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by LBJ
Did she actually hit the $25K spend before the statement close? Have her open the Statements & Activity link and then go to "Billing Statements & Documents" and open the PDF billing statement for 12/22 and check the "Miles Earned" section. There will be a sentence that says "Your Year-to-Date spend on your Delta Platinum account is $xx,xxx.xx"
thanks will check
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
So I just did this and "took" the MQMs for myself. They sort of back posted but don't actually show up as MQMs in my "Prior Year" Skymiles activity.

I'm assuming this will correct itself before the rollover date, but I am mentioning it to people who might freak out when the MQMs seem to go nowhere.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rogo
So I just did this and "took" the MQMs for myself. They sort of back posted but don't actually show up as MQMs in my "Prior Year" Skymiles activity.

I'm assuming this will correct itself before the rollover date, but I am mentioning it to people who might freak out when the MQMs seem to go nowhere.
As noted above, they do regular "sweeps" to update your 2017 MQM totals rather than updating it instantaneously. I don't recall the exact frequency, but I don't think it was done daily in the past. Even if it happens after MQM rollover, the sweep will update both status and MQM rollover amount. None of this is new (they've been handling these late posting MQM additions for years now).
rogo and Magnum75 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LBJ
Are you sure you are looking at the bonus MQM's (and not the bonus RDM's)? It's only the bonus MQM's that get backdated, not the bonus RDM's. They get posted separately and there may be other activities between them. Do both the activity date and posted on date say 1/4? It's the activity date that matters, not the "posted on" date. My January close MQM's boosts have always had different activity dates and posted on dates with the activity date always being backdated to 12/31 of the previous year while the "posted on" date just reflects the date they posted to the account. The MQM's are not instantaneously added to your balance for the previous year. They run regular "sweeps" every few days and they get added at that point.

Looked at my skymiles activity again and the mqm was back dated to 12/31/2017, where the posted on date is still showing 1/4/18. Will edit my post to reflect that.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
My 2018 status finally changed from Plat to Diamond today with my December bonus MQMs.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:45 am

I might be the last member to qualify for gold in 2017.. my statement closed 12/26, and I hit the $25k spend requirement on about 12/30. Statement closed in 1/26, and now I'm waiting for the bonus MQM and miles to post. How long does that usually take? Finished the year with 41,200 so those miles will earn gold. I assume they will remove the 16,200 rollover mqm once they award the mqm for 2017.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
No, I doubt you're the last.
Still waiting for AMEX/Delta to post my "boost" 10K miles to my account.
Hit the spend threshold in late 2017, and still nothing in my SkyMiles account.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jakers3200
I might be the last member to qualify for gold in 2017.. my statement closed 12/26, and I hit the $25k spend requirement on about 12/30. Statement closed in 1/26, and now I'm waiting for the bonus MQM and miles to post. How long does that usually take? Finished the year with 41,200 so those miles will earn gold. I assume they will remove the 16,200 rollover mqm once they award the mqm for 2017.
Yes, they will adjust you rollover amount after they adjust your status level. Boost should post a day or two after statement close along with normal redeemable miles and then it may take another day or two to sweep the MQM's back towards 2017 balance and make the adjustments. Note that all transactions must post by 2017 (it's the post date that matters, not transaction date). Some transactions can take a few days to post to your account. I would not be confident that a transaction made on 12/30 would necessarily post within the same year. Did you check your year-end summary online to make sure you exceeded the $25K? Also, if you pull down the PDF statement, it should show a "Miles Boost" activity under Bonus Miles Earned and Adjustments.

My statement closed on 1/25 and I just got an email a few moments ago about my Boost (Reserve card). So you will probably have to wait another day or two for a 1/26 statement close.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 27, 2018 at 10:09 am
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:48 am

Everything did post in 2017, and I qualified for Gold. Assured me Comfort+ seats on my flights the last couple weeks.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Nice to have a happy ending! As LBJ mentioned above, Delta and Amex have been handling these end of year postings for years now, and it usually works out. Happy legroom and charging!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.