Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First A350 premium-economy review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I doubt Delta cares but it would be nice if they would listen and make changes to the A350 before further aircraft are delivered. After all, they could learn from other airlines that had seat design flaws. It's easier to fix it now than a couple years down the line.
Cows will fly first!
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
The blue and grey blankets are both for first class, just different colors. The coach blankets are red, and of much lower quality.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
The blue and grey blankets are both for first class, just different colors. The coach blankets are red, and of much lower quality.
Coach blankets have been the nicer blue ones on international long haul (where A350s are scheduled) for quite some time now.

Edit: Sorry, you meant domestic. Got it.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:16 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
Coach blankets have been the nicer blue ones on international long haul (where A350s are scheduled) for quite some time now.

Edit: Sorry, you meant domestic. Got it.
What domestic routes get blankets in Main Cabin?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by C W
Red eye c+ , though it's been a couple of years for me.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by C W
Redeye flights.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I found this on youtube:

Skip to 9:40 for the Premium Select section. There seems to be a lot of recline in those seats, similar to the PE on Alitalia's A330. The person behind can almost smell your hair.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
No. The unbranded blue blankets replaced the cheaper, fleece-like, red ones over a year ago. First class (and now, it seems, Premium Select) passengers are supposed to receive the gray, Westin-branded blankets.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MS02113
No. The unbranded blue blankets replaced the cheaper, fleece-like, red ones over a year ago. First class (and now, it seems, Premium Select) passengers are supposed to receive the gray, Westin-branded blankets.
I seldom see the gray blankets. For what it's worth, I don't think there is any difference in the blankets except one has a Westin name attached to it.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by MS02113

Ah good to know . I have noticed that the blue ones seem thinner, but I did not realize they are unbranded.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
So I'm flying 158 tomorrow, on a Premium Select G ticket. Waitlisted on a GUC for Delta One. When I checked in in for ICN-DTW, I see I'm number two for one D1 seat.

I'm also showing up as #2 of 3 for a Premium Select upgrade. With 5 seats available. Uhhhhhh.... thanks for that, Delta?

Hoping they don't "upgrade" me out of my Premium Select window seat into a Premium Select middle seat. I'm reaching out to Twitter to (hopefully) make sure of just that.

But I had a chuckle when I saw that. GG, Delta IT!

One other thing to note -- at least at the moment, the waitlists for D1 and PS and identical. Not sure what that means, or if it's accurate, but thought it an interesting data point.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ

One other thing to note -- at least at the moment, the waitlists for D1 and PS and identical. Not sure what that means, or if it's accurate, but thought it an interesting data point.

This should not be possible unless people are applying two GUC's, which is unlikely, based on what we've been told, right? Or could someone apply a GUC for one list a mileage WL the other? In any case, that they are identical signals an issue IMO.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
This should not be possible unless people are applying two GUC's, which is unlikely, based on what we've been told, right? Or could someone apply a GUC for one list a mileage WL the other? In any case, that they are identical signals an issue IMO.
Or maybe that Delta has unofficially changed its policy to either (1) allow you to apply one global upgrade certificate for premium-economy and waitlist for business or (2) apply one global upgrade certificate and get the highest cabin that is open.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:18 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Per https://www.delta.com/content/www/en....html#waitlist if neither cabin has availability you can waitlist for both simultaneously and will clear into whichever one opens up first (but then if it's PS you'd have to waitlist again on a separate cert to get into D1)
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
Per https://www.delta.com/content/www/en....html#waitlist if neither cabin has availability you can waitlist for both simultaneously and will clear into whichever one opens up first (but then if it's PS you'd have to waitlist again on a separate cert to get into D1)
I would rather take my chances and go to the gate for a waitlisted business-class upgrade than take a middle-seat in premium-economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.