Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Partner Promo - 1,000 Miles per Partner, up to 25,000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's targeted. Try to register here:

https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...kyMilesNumber=

Details and Terms:

PROMOTION DETAILS
Earn miles for things you do every day with SkyMiles partners.

Choose from best-in-class hotel brands or find the perfect home for your stay with Airbnb. Rent a car with Hertz® and Enterprise® or ride around town with Lyft. Shop online with brands like Apple, Home Depot, and Macy’s through SkyMiles Shopping or dine out at thousands of participating restaurants in SkyMiles Dining.

Register for this private offer and receive 1,000 bonus miles for every new* participating partner** you earn miles with from October 16, 2017, through December 31, 2017.

Turn everyday into anywhere with these brands and more:

*New refers to a partner the Member has not earned miles with between January 1, 2017 to October 17, 2017

** See Terms & Conditions for full list of participating partners.

© COPYRIGHT_2017 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Delta Blvd. P.O. Box 20706 • Atlanta, GA 30320-6001

ENTER SKYMILES DETAILS
SKYMILES NUMBER
Enter SkyMiles Number
Forgot SkyMiles Number?

By registering, you agree to receive emails about this promotion.

SUBMIT NOW
Terms and Conditions

Member eligibility: This is a private offer is exclusively for selected SkyMiles members who receive the promotional email. Offer is not transferable to other members.

Offer Registration: Offer registration is required. To register, eligible members need to visit the dedicated landing page and register with their SkyMiles number.

Offer: Registered SkyMiles members will earn a bonus of 1,000 miles for every new participating partner they earn miles with between October 16, 2017 and December 31, 2017 up to a maximum of 25,000 bonus miles per member. The term "New" refers to a partner the member has not earned miles with during the period January 1, 2017 to October 17, 2017.

Participating Partners: The following non-airline partners are participating in this offer: SkyMiles Credit Card Partners, Hotels & Airbnb, Car Partners, SkyMiles Cruises, Retail and Specialty, Financial Partners, SkyMiles Shopping and SkyMiles Dining. For a list of partners, please click here. Airline partners, Delta Vacations, Gilt, Points.com and Biscoff are expressly excluded from this offer.

Airbnb Terms: Visit deltaairbnb.com for full terms and conditions of this offer.

Lyft Terms: Visit delta.com/lyft for full terms and conditions of this offer.

Eligibility of Transactions: Only accrual partner transactions with an activity date between October 16, 2017 and December 31, 2017 will be considered for this bonus. Activity date is defined as the date of the transaction as reported by the partner regardless of the date the transaction is posted in the member’s account. Some partners offer multiple ways to earn miles under different products, brands, conversion of currency to miles, etc. These will still be considered as a single partner. Some examples of these cases are: Hotels booked via delta.com Hotels, hotel brands under the same Hotel portfolio, stay activity and a points conversion to miles from the same partner and others.

Please allow up to 60 days after the qualifying transaction for bonus miles to be added in your account.

Delta may change the SkyMiles program rules, change or terminate program partners, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or mileage levels, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of mileage already accumulated. This offer may be terminated by Delta at any time, with our without notice. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.

Delta, SkyMiles, and the Delta logo are registered service marks of Delta Air Lines, Inc.

Promotional Reference Code: To enquire about this offer, please refer to code 179004 when contacting any Delta customer service representative.

© COPYRIGHT_2017 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Delta Blvd. P.O. Box 20706 • Atlanta, GA 30320-6001
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I got targeted also. Wonder if it will let everyone register, only to deny the bonus to those who weren't targeted?

Mike
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Nope - my wife and son didn't get the email and cannot register.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
Nope - my wife and son didn't get the email and cannot register.
Thanks. Sorry about that.

For those who did get it, does each store that I shop at through SM Shopping or each restaurant that I eat at through SM Dining count individually, or is it one total per category? I'll assume it's the former, since there would be no way to max it out otherwise.

Mike
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Pretty sure it's one per category. Delta sees it as "shopping" or "dining" and not a specific store or restaurant.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Trying to edit my Hertz rental next week to get Delta miles. Anyone know how to do that? I can't see where to add that in the "change" area without starting over. If I start over, I get a much higher rate.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mikeef
For those who did get it, does each store that I shop at through SM Shopping or each restaurant that I eat at through SM Dining count individually, or is it one total per category? I'll assume it's the former, since there would be no way to max it out otherwise.
This promo occurred earlier in the year as well and there was a thread discussing it:

1,000 Bonus Miles for each 'New' Partner

in which you asked the identical question

Originally Posted by mikeef
For SM Shopping, is there one bonus for the entire category or do you get a bonus for each individual merchant? In other words, could you shop through a merchant that you have never used before? A very small purchase might be worth it for the 1,000 miles if it is per merchant.
FWIW this language was in the T&C last time:

"Some partners offer multiple ways to earn miles under different products, brands, merchants, conversion of currency to miles, etc. These will still be considered as a single partner. Some examples of these cases are: Hotels booked via delta.com Hotels or Agoda.com, merchants under the SkyMiles Shopping program, restaurants under the SkyMiles Dining program, Cruises under the SkyMiles Cruises program, hotel brands under the same Hotel portfolio, partner activity and a points conversion to miles from the same partner and others."

although granted the language copied above in the OP doesn't seem to mention SkyMiles Shopping or Dining.

(although although, it says those are only examples and therefore not an exhaustive list)
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I got a different one:
... earn miles with our newest partners, Airbnb and Lyft, and earn a one-time mileage bonus to get you closer to your next Award Trip.

Get a one-time bonus of 2,500 miles when you earn miles with both Airbnb and Lyft by December 31, 2017. Or, get 1,000 bonus miles if you earn miles with just one.
GETTING YOUR BONUS IS EASY:

1. Register for this offer
2. Link your Lyft and SkyMiles accounts at delta.com/lyft and start riding
3. Book and complete a stay with Airbnb exclusively at deltaairbnb.com
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Lo and behold, I actually got targeted for something for once (received the e-mail a little while ago).

Pretty sure it's one per category. Delta sees it as "shopping" or "dining" and not a specific store or restaurant.
I was thinking this might the case, but the offer says

*Participating Partners: The following non-airline partners are participating in this offer: SkyMiles Credit Card Partners, Hotels & Airbnb, Car Partners, SkyMiles Cruises, Retail and Specialty, Financial Partners, SkyMiles Shopping and SkyMiles Dining. For a list of partners, please click here. Airline partners, Delta Vacations, Gilt, Points.com, and Biscoff are expressly excluded from this offer.
That's only eight categories, but you can earn up to 25K, so at least some categories must allowing doubling up?

There's also this:
Eligibility of Transactions: Only accrual partner transactions with an activity date between October 16, 2017 and December 31, 2017 will be considered for this bonus. Activity date is defined as the date of the transaction as reported by the partner regardless of the date the transaction is posted in the member's account. Some partners offer multiple ways to earn miles under different products, brands, conversion of currency to miles, etc. These will still be considered as a single partner. Some examples of these cases are: Hotels booked via delta.com Hotels, hotel brands under the same Hotel portfolio, stay activity and a points conversion to miles from the same partner and others. Conversion of partner currency to miles is eligible as long as there is a minimum of 1,000 miles transferred to SkyMiles.
Not sure what to make of all of this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, rental cars, for example, or hotels could be many, many different partners, right?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
This promo occurred earlier in the year as well and there was a thread discussing it:

1,000 Bonus Miles for each 'New' Partner

in which you asked the identical question

FWIW this language was in the T&C last time:

"Some partners offer multiple ways to earn miles under different products, brands, merchants, conversion of currency to miles, etc. These will still be considered as a single partner. Some examples of these cases are: Hotels booked via delta.com Hotels or Agoda.com, merchants under the SkyMiles Shopping program, restaurants under the SkyMiles Dining program, Cruises under the SkyMiles Cruises program, hotel brands under the same Hotel portfolio, partner activity and a points conversion to miles from the same partner and others."

although granted the language copied above in the OP doesn't seem to mention SkyMiles Shopping or Dining.

(although although, it says those are only examples and therefore not an exhaustive list)
Hey, at least I'm consistent!

Mike
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:57 pm

So hard to tell what qualifies as a particular partner or not.

"Participating Partners: The following non-airline partners are participating in this offer: SkyMiles Credit Card Partners, Hotels & Airbnb, Car Partners, SkyMiles Cruises, Retail and Specialty, Financial Partners, SkyMiles Shopping and SkyMiles Dining. For a list of partners, please click here. Airline partners, Delta Vacations, Gilt, Points.com and Biscoff are expressly excluded from this offer."
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Well, rental cars, for example, or hotels could be many, many different partners, right?
Definitely could. So could different partners in SkyMiles Shopping, but do they? Nearly impossible to tell.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ty97
Definitely could. So could different partners in SkyMiles Shopping, but do they? Nearly impossible to tell.
But the big difference here is that hotels and car rentals are all separate partners that have direct relationships with Delta, and each report separately on your SkyMiles list. So you'll see Starwood, Hilton, Avis, and Hertz all separately.

Shopping, it's all SkyMiles Shopping (excepting a few specific vendors with direct agreements like Gilt and Biscoff). If you order through their shopping portal from Apple, Gap, and Staples, it'll all show up as SkyMiles Shopping to Delta, and, thus, only qualify once.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by rylan
I got a different one:
I got a rock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.