Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Finding Partner Award Availability Technical Glitch Now Partially Resolved

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finding Partner Award Availability Technical Glitch Now Partially Resolved

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
It isn't fixed. I am unable to see any AR or G3 availability, even though Flying Blue shows it. An example GRU-MDZ 2-2-2018 - 2-5-2018. Delta will just error out. Same goes for BUE.
I see plenty of options. Youre confusing the exact date issue with the recent loss of all partner availability. Use m.delta.com or DL APP to do an exact date booking. The regular site is not searching exact days even though you tell it to.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:06 am

Suddenly no island hop flights available on HA with Skymiles?

So we're going to HI in Sep 2018. DTW-LIH-HNL-DTW.

A few months back, I checked prices and found lots of island hop flights (LIH to HNL) via the Delta website on partner Hawaiian for 7500 Skymiles, which we have a lot of, so I was going to use them for this island hop flight.

Now this morning, I search, and no available flights come up, regardless of date searched!

I do have the search function set to "Delta + partner airlines"

Am I missing something here????
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Call DL. Sometimes partner flights don't show on delta.dumb.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Call DL. Sometimes partner flights don't show on delta.dumb.
Use m.delta.com or DL App.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Use m.delta.com or DL App.
Tried both of these, and all it says is "miles + cash fares are not available blah blah blah" even though I did not search miles + cash.

There must be something flukey going on with the DL website or something.

I'm not in a hurry to book, was just kind of searching to see the times available for the flights which I expected to be many.

I guess I'll wait a few days or a week or something and then check again or call Delta.

But in the end I *should* be able to book the flight on HA with Skymiles still...yes?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I tried doing a search for award availability yesterday... got the error with no results. The day before it was working and giving a dozen options. Today its giving results again.

The flexible search has been broken for some time however.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Three options come to mind:

1. Wait a few days and see if the issue resolves itself with online search.

2. Call Delta and ask about award availability.

3. Send a private message to FT use/official Delta rep SkyMilesTeam, who two days ago cheerily posted in eight different threads that the problem of partner carrier award search was resolved.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...l#post28939231

(It might be a new lack of HA award availability around your travel dates, too.)
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
There had been an issue with partner awards appearing on Delta.com. SkyMilesTeam (in this post, two days ago) said it was fixed, but perhaps it was not. You may want to message them.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28939193-post836.html
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Google Flights is showing the inter-island flights pricing at around $70 - $80 one-way. I wouldn't call this a very good use of miles.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
Westjet seems to have disappeared as well
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
(It might be a new lack of HA award availability around your travel dates, too.)
It's not the dates...I searched several dates from end of 2017 thru Sep 2018 just to see if this was it. It can't be.

Originally Posted by LBJ
Google Flights is showing the inter-island flights pricing at around $70 - $80 one-way. I wouldn't call this a very good use of miles.
Valid point here...it would be about a 1 cpm redemption. Thanks. I may pay out of pocket for this instead, or book through the Chase travel portal and burn 12k UR points at a meh 1.25 cpp redemption.

Still, the lack of partner flights showing up is annoying.

Originally Posted by ty97
There had been an issue with partner awards appearing on Delta.com. SkyMilesTeam (in this post, two days ago) said it was fixed, but perhaps it was not. You may want to message them.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28939193-post836.html
I sent a message to relay the info to SkyMilesTeam.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 18, 2017 at 4:27 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:19 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Hi all, we thought everything was fixed, but it looks like there are still some issues with Award Ticket availability for some of our partners. We know this is frustrating and we’re working to resolve all the remaining issues as fast as we can.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 18, 2017 at 4:32 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam
Hi all, we thought everything was fixed, but it looks like there are still some issues with Award Ticket availability for some of our partners. We know this is frustrating and we’re working to resolve all the remaining issues as fast as we can.
Theres also an issue with pricing when one leg is CZ operated on Asia J awards. Example SIN-HAN-PEK. Book it with both legs on VN, it's 40k, however even if flight times are, but second leg is instead on CZ it prices at 80k (2 awards)

Same thing happens on other routings. It prices fine at 40k, but when one leg is operated by CZ it prices as two awards.

I end up paying double on an award recently because of this.

Originally Posted by guitarguy19
Tried both of these, and all it says is "miles + cash fares are not available blah blah blah" even though I did not search miles + cash.

There must be something flukey going on with the DL website or something.

I'm not in a hurry to book, was just kind of searching to see the times available for the flights which I expected to be many.

I guess I'll wait a few days or a week or something and then check again or call Delta.

But in the end I *should* be able to book the flight on HA with Skymiles still...yes?
For some reason that is the message they default to when nothing comes back. Can try calling, they maybe able to piece together.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 18, 2017 at 6:03 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
I agree but a penny a mile seems to be the majority of domestic awards. Or worse, much worse sometimes. SkyMiles is turning into a frog boiler for me.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by flyerslc
I agree but a penny a mile seems to be the majority of domestic awards. Or worse, much worse sometimes. SkyMiles is turning into a frog boiler for me.
Not my experience at all. Our last 3 Skymiles award flights:

2.2 cpm DTW-SEA-LIH

1.8 cpm DTW-SFO-DTW

1.5 cpm DTW-RSW-DTW

Expect to get over 2 cpm for HNL-SEA/ATL/LAX-DTW also, when we book. Should be soon.

These are just domestic flights in coach...getting where we need to go as cheaply as we can basically.

Living near the Delta hub we're pretty happy with Skymiles and Delta as our go to ff program and airline. Just wish we flew enough to get status!

Last edited by guitarguy19; Oct 19, 2017 at 6:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.