Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Finding Partner Award Availability Technical Glitch Now Partially Resolved

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finding Partner Award Availability Technical Glitch Now Partially Resolved

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What would be the point of the blog article? Sign up for a DL AmEx card through me because DL just made it impossible to use miles for partner flights? I don't see a way to spin this so that it provides a rationale to get more credit cards.
The point of MSP_Monopoly's post is that Renes is writing about mfg spending to a $250,000 waiver (an absurd idea for most people), instead of writing about Delta's even more broken awarding booking process.

In Renes' defense, he recently added an article about earning more MQD's than the outright dollar spend by purchasing tickets on Delta partners. A more sensible, but not a "no-cost" approach.

Last edited by Bowgie; Oct 16, 2017 at 1:52 am
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Disagree that VA has 'pulled the awards.' I just booked a J award on VA 4 days ago (for 5 weeks out). How does putting a 777 into maintenance change anything with award travel? It makes their operations more difficult, but unless they have canceled flights, the same seats are still flying.

Awards are harder than they used to be for sure. But still out there. They just get snapped up immediately when they do pop up. Most of the people flying J awards are probably Expertflyer subscribers or people like me who check daily.

Also, VA business class upgrades with points come out of the same inventory, and can be waitlisted. So it is possible that award travel is being snapped up that way.
Which did you book?

And if VA is prudent at all they will dissolve award inventory when they have left ships in the air.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
STILL down.

Want to know my answer to this thread? What's your real line of no return with Delta/SM?

This might be it. The contempt being shown to loyal customers is obvious here.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Looks like things are back to normal as of 11:10 EST. I'm willing to bet that Delta IT didn't bother working on this until this morning.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by eastindywalrus
Looks like things are back to normal as of 11:10 EST. I'm willing to bet that Delta IT didn't bother working on this until this morning.
Finally... Still at unfathomable redemptions for my itinerary though
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by eastindywalrus
I see some AF availability LAX-CDG. How many of the nominally available 20+ partner carriers bookable online did you check?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I see some AF availability LAX-CDG. How many of the nominally available 20+ partner carriers bookable online did you check?
I just tried the itinerary that I've been trying all weekend, which had DL and KLM metal. Didn't try anything else, but I figure that's Delta's job, not mine.

Apologies if anything is still not working and I incorrectly gave the all-clear, though.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
VS is also bookable again.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was having an issue also... could get cash tickets to come up, but said no award availability. Doesn't happen on all routes, seems specific to certain ones.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
So what enhancement did DL implement this time?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:17 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Hi everyone, we know that many of you have been unable to find Award Ticket availability with our partner airlines over the last couple of days. We want you to know we were experiencing a technical issue and it has now been resolved. Rest assured, nothing has changed with our partner airlines.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 18, 2017 at 5:52 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thanks, appreciate the update.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:23 pm

Delta.com's ability to find itineraries from small midwest cities has been getting progressively worse over the last year or so. Flights show up from connecting airports, but you frequently get no availability or we don't serve that route from smaller airports. This is especially a problem if you are looking for Delta One or trying to use Delta Vacations.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by nichojo
Which did you book?

And if VA is prudent at all they will dissolve award inventory when they have left ships in the air.
MEL-LAX.

That's the rub, VA does not have less (assume you meant less) ships in the air. Award inventory shouldn't change during heavy maintenance unless flight schedules do.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
MEL-LAX.

That's the rub, VA does not have less (assume you meant less) ships in the air. Award inventory shouldn't change during heavy maintenance unless flight schedules do.
They have changed, a number of flights have been canceled. VA runs very thin with only 5 aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.