Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DCA SC Refresh Complete [after partial closure]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DCA SC Refresh Complete [after partial closure]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Updates:

- Banner on the sealed-off wall now says that the renovations will be complete in Spring 2018, so this is going to take a while
- The room past the bar and down the small hallway mentioned earlier in this thread is indeed part of the SC, and this does not appear to be common knowledge. I'm here right now and the main room is maybe 80% full while this room does not have a soul in it besides me. Outlets are a little hard to come by, but it's otherwise just as good. Even has its own tiny food layout.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by steveholt
Updates:

- Banner on the sealed-off wall now says that the renovations will be complete in Spring 2018, so this is going to take a while
- The room past the bar and down the small hallway mentioned earlier in this thread is indeed part of the SC, and this does not appear to be common knowledge. I'm here right now and the main room is maybe 80% full while this room does not have a soul in it besides me. Outlets are a little hard to come by, but it's otherwise just as good. Even has its own tiny food layout.
If the area has it's own food, this sounds like a special private VIP section. Could you be in the protocol office that DL is opening to SC guests to ease the congestion when it would otherwise be unused?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I've used that lounge at least 5X the last 3 months and never saw the VIP area. Past the bar / buffet and down the hallway is only the bathrooms I thought, but I always look for the biggest windows I can find to plane spot and camp out there.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
I flew out Thursday evening...... the Sky Club was busy but not “full” even with the construction area taking up so much room. The back door by the bathrooms was open to an area with more seating and a few folks were in there. I’m guessing that will be the “swing” space for the re-build. From my days working at DCA (for AA), I seem to remember this area to be a meeting/training room. You entered through the door right next to Delta’s protocol office. Keep in mind, this was over a decade ago. I’m all but certain I attended a security meeting there with all the airlines.

As for the club experience, there was an empty bar stool so I just sat there and talked to the great bartender. Anxious to see how this unfolds. I wish I’d paid better attention to some of the renderings on display. They could bring the check-in area out onto the atrium (like AA on C con) to open up a bit more space in the main club area.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the area has it's own food, this sounds like a special private VIP section. Could you be in the protocol office that DL is opening to SC guests to ease the congestion when it would otherwise be unused?
He is.

What DL did was to open up a hallway where they had had an alarmed door (close to the restrooms in the club).
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Gotta give up the thanks to FT. I'm here in DCA in the Skyclub awaiting an early flight. I had forgotten about this thread until I got in to see the place 2/3 blocked off. I remembered this thread and left the (relative) chaos of the main room and found my way to the blissfully quiet, blissfully empty aux room. so nice.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
In the auxiliary room today and it's still empty. Food and coffee in here, outlets... the main club isn't *packed*, but an empty room is still far more pleasant.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I flew DeltaOne DCA-LAX the Saturday before last and even though it was a Saturday it was tight in the club. I found a seat and it would have been fine for my regular run of the mill commuter flight but it was definitely not a club experience befit a DeltaOne transcon
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
They've now walled off about 1/2 of the protocol room, and also walled off maybe 1/4 of the "lobby" between the elevators and the doors to the club and protocol office.

I was sitting at the bar, and the bartender made a career endangering move and gave me the remote control to one of the TVs above the bar. A certain football team wearing gold and blue suddenly appeared on TV in the club.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Originally Posted by ND76
They've now walled off about 1/2 of the protocol room, and also walled off maybe 1/4 of the "lobby" between the elevators and the doors to the club and protocol office.

I was sitting at the bar, and the bartender made a career endangering move and gave me the remote control to one of the TVs above the bar. A certain football team wearing gold and blue suddenly appeared on TV in the club.
The new temp wall in the lobby was up on Sunday, but the protocol room was normal size. Are you saying they've put up a new wall in the past 3 days?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by 13thandseven
The new temp wall in the lobby was up on Sunday, but the protocol room was normal size. Are you saying they've put up a new wall in the past 3 days?
I was in the DCA club Saturday afternoon after completing my most recent trip. I went back into the "Protocol Office"; they definitely put up a construction wall running north and south, as the room was much deeper west to east about a month ago than it is right now. There used to be a way out to the elevator lobby from that room; that is gone right now.

Last edited by ND76; Nov 13, 2017 at 4:46 pm Reason: Add Picture
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by ND76
I was in the DCA club Saturday afternoon after completing my most recent trip. I went back into the "Protocol Office"; they definitely put up a construction wall running north and south, as the room was much deeper west to east about a month ago than it is right now. There used to be a way out to the elevator lobby from that room; that is gone right now.
I was there too. It's hardly luxurious, more like a doctor's waiting room. I wish they would make it a quiet room. With three people yammering on their phones (why do people do that? What's wrong with text or email?) it was hardly conducive to relaxation or quiet work.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:39 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
The gall of those people, blatantly violating the rules you wish applied to that area!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:57 pm

Photo of Rendering of Remodeled DCA Club

bergamini likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Tuesday morning, 8:55 am at the DCA club. I am in the back "private" or VIP area. Just walked right back. The main part of the club is a mob scene. Probably 90% full. Yet i am literally the only person back here except for the occasional worker who comes back to sweep for dishes, etc. Almost like they all know something I dont.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.