Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Beer for in flight service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
I like what I like, and really don't care. Bourdain has some great thoughts on the "beer nerd" sub culture. Hot day = very cold beer. If you enjoy the latest sweatsock porter at 98.6, bravo and enjoy it in good health. I'd suggest you save the lecture for someone that is interested.
If you want it really cold, you could drink it over ice.

But, lest you think that I have always been a "beer nerd" this thread reminds me of college days in the early '70s when Coors was not sold east of Kansas City. Several fraternity brothers rented a truck and brought back an entire truck load to Indiana... in December.

Eager to partake of the forbidden nectar (oh, the naivete of youth), we started opening cans immediately upon arrival and discovered... beer slush.

We didn't recognize it a the time, but what liquid we could get out of the cans was probably better than the normal beer, as some of the excess water had been frozen out of it.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:48 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I've been flying a lot more Southwest this year than recent years and I am constantly impressed by how cold they keep their beer, it appears to me that Delta stores in a similar manner as Southwest (bottom bin of the cart underneath ice), yet somehow in practice Delta beer on average is much warmer than Southwest beer in my recent experience.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Beckles
I've been flying a lot more Southwest this year than recent years and I am constantly impressed by how cold they keep their beer, it appears to me that Delta stores in a similar manner as Southwest (bottom bin of the cart underneath ice), yet somehow in practice Delta beer on average is much warmer than Southwest beer in my recent experience.
Is it possible that WN caters the plane at each stop?

My impression is that often on DL, for out-and-back routes (e.g., ATL - XXX - ATL) the plane is only catered in ATL and the folks on the "back" flight are at the mercy of whatever is left on the plane... including increasingly warm beer.
CrazyEddie likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Beckles
Indeed, among all airlines Southwest reliably serves ice cold beer and no other airline is even close. UA does not. AA does not. DL does not. AS does not. AC does not. Asian airlines generally do not although NH hasn't been too bad lately. European airlines serve luke warm beer, but at least the varieties some of them serve are more drinkable at 10 C (50 F) or above.

Please Delta - ice down your beer!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by GotogoBob
This calls for a Formal investigation!
There'd be a riot on an Aussie airline if the beer was warm.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:22 pm

Head over to Beer Advocate or Rate Beer and rate your warmed up beer and post the link to Delta Customer Care.

I guess the same would go for their Chardonnay Wine. Oh and when I get my Cabernet wine cold now we have a major problem. I do not like it when the restaurants in Spain serve the Cabernet wine cold. I am sorry but it ruins the flavor.

For me a Woodoford Reserve would take the place of a warm beer any day.

I would stick to the cold beers at the Sky Club if that is an option.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
There'd be a riot on an Aussie airline if the beer was warm.
Also on Lufthansa sadly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.