FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Standby List Names Got Delta One Seats (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1864205-standby-list-names-got-delta-one-seats.html)

Starblazer Sep 2, 2017 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by pvn (Post 28768102)
No, they don't.

They do in the eyes of this crowd with the incessant whining about "ZOMG NRSA GETS BEST SEAT ON THE PLAENE FOR FREE I SHOULD GET IT EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT A PUBLICISHED BENEFITS WHARRGARBL".

You know what DL should do. End ALL automatic medallion upgrades below 360. WFBF. Opup as needed.

Before you go "STAR!! you used to be one of them!!" ... Yes, I was. I've been left behind, cramped in the middle of 38E sandwiched between two CoS and in front of a hyper-active kid that kicks the seat every millisecond. I've also stared down three ERJ145s full of pax and had to tell them their all screwed when that idiot tried to start ZAU on fire. I was on the front line when Winter destroyed all of the midwest for a week and rebooking took at least 3-5 days out, having to explain that there really is no other option and trying not to lose my .... when everyone kept losing theirs at me. I've also been in the bucket, spraying deicing fluid for hours on end trying to get the plane deiced because mother nature decided an ice storm is a GREAT way to start the week after a football weekend.

All for about 9.35 an hour + NRSA benefits. Horrible medical (monthly premium was over the ACA maximum % for 'affordable'), negligible 401k. Gas stations paid better.

There are worthless agents in the system, don't get me wrong. Yes, NRSA is a benefit and SHENA should never EVER happen, but, by god, the amount of crying about nonrevs from the masses here... you would swear that DL is trying to steal your first borne.

I'm glad I got out of it. Cardboard doesn't complain about the stacking arrangement.

CJKatl Sep 2, 2017 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Starblazer (Post 28768991)
You know what DL should do. End ALL automatic medallion upgrades below 360.

Meh. As a PM, it feels as though DL did that awhile ago.

RobertS975 Sep 2, 2017 8:45 pm

Maybe some think this is just a technicality, but non-revs are not "upgraded" into D1 since they were never in the main cabin in the first place. They are cleared off "standby" directly into D1.

TheLifeOfA_NKCM Sep 2, 2017 10:00 pm

They do in the eyes of this crowd with the incessant whining about "ZOMG NRSA GETS BEST SEAT ON THE PLAENE FOR FREE I SHOULD GET IT EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT A PUBLICISHED BENEFITS WHARRGARBL".

You know what DL should do. End ALL automatic medallion upgrades below 360. WFBF. Opup as needed.

Before you go "STAR!! you used to be one of them!!" ... Yes, I was. I've been left behind, cramped in the middle of 38E sandwiched between two CoS and in front of a hyper-active kid that kicks the seat every millisecond. I've also stared down three ERJ145s full of pax and had to tell them their all screwed when that idiot tried to start ZAU on fire. I was on the front line when Winter destroyed all of the midwest for a week and rebooking took at least 3-5 days out, having to explain that there really is no other option and trying not to lose my .... when everyone kept losing theirs at me. I've also been in the bucket, spraying deicing fluid for hours on end trying to get the plane deiced because mother nature decided an ice storm is a GREAT way to start the week after a football weekend.

All for about 9.35 an hour + NRSA benefits. Horrible medical (monthly premium was over the ACA maximum % for 'affordable'), negligible 401k. Gas stations paid better.

There are worthless agents in the system, don't get me wrong. Yes, NRSA is a benefit and SHENA should never EVER happen, but, by god, the amount of crying about nonrevs from the masses here... you would swear that DL is trying to steal your first borne.

I'm glad I got out of it. Cardboard doesn't complain about the stacking arrangement.

I really don't think it could be said any better. Plus, Delta is essentially the best it gets as far as pay goes in the industry as well.

Also, my name might give off mixed messages. I'm a family member of a former NWA accountant (we met the criteria to keep our benefits). Shortly after the merger, we got picked up by 3M and our household salary literally more than doubled (30k -> 75k). It's by no means a stellar place for work, so those little handouts like D1 really do go a long way.

kb9522 Sep 3, 2017 12:08 am

but by god, the amount of crying ... here

The irony of this complaint following that ridiculous rant... hope it's not lost on you.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kettle1 Sep 3, 2017 12:34 am

DL and every airline employee receives benefits. One of the benefits for working for an airline is free travel. There are many posts up-thread how hard it can be for a "non-rev" to board a flt with open seats. I do not work for an airline. I know many people that do.

Non-rev travel sucks. Flts are now booked full. DL and other airlines have figured it out. I tried a "buddy pass" one time - never again.

What is the problem with the words "NON REV"? They earned the privilege to sit in that seat. Yes, that may trump an upgrade to D1, but that are the rules. If you want D1, buy it.