Wiki Posts
Search

D1 Suites Surcharge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Show me the points!
D1 Suites Surcharge

Fresh off the press (loving that AusBT got the scoop first), seems that DL is adding a surcharge to A350 D1 bookings in business. God help us all if this is added to SM awards, too.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/delta-s-us-...business-class

From the article,
"Agents have been advised that when they "book the A350-900 with 'Delta One Suite', you will be charged a surcharge" above the ticket's base rate.

Delta One passengers booked under discounted I-class and Z-class fares will be charged US$500 "per direction", with a US$250 tariff on C, D and J ticket codes."
DiverDave and djsflynn like this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nichojo
Fresh off the press (loving that AusBT got the scoop first), seems that DL is adding a surcharge to A350 D1 bookings in business. God help us all if this is added to SM awards, too.

From the article,
"Agents have been advised that when they "book the A350-900 with 'Delta One Suite', you will be charged a surcharge" above the ticket's base rate.

Delta One passengers booked under discounted I-class and Z-class fares will be charged US$500 "per direction", with a US$250 tariff on C, D and J ticket codes."
DL really wants us to fly with other airlines it seems.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
It shouldn't take them long to realize that adding a door to a product doesn't make it a suite that will justify a price surcharge. DL is going Vegas style where every room is a kind of suite, mini/junior/petit/small. Then the extortion called resort fees.

Makes me wonder if ME3 threat is from DL's own creation.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
From the article,

Channeling my inner Jennifer Garner...."That's Ridiculous".

This sounds like one of the April Fool's day announcements.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium

From the article,

$500 each way for a thin, low door on a slightly wider 767 seat LMFAO, granted I haven't tried it yet, but its not even their best seat IMO.

A surge charge to fly the unique 1-1 upper deck 747 Delta One would have made more sense (GLAD they didn't do that)

I usually pay for J when I am in J so I will stick to 330 (favorite), 767 and 777 while its still non-suite, or fly on a Partner airline
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The market will determine the price. Come back in a year.
SW7London and SJC ORD LDR like this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
No wonder they made the cabin small... aren't going to be many pax paying those kinds of prices. Even Z fares are insanely priced, if you can even find them. DL is just looking to sell to execs who book J/C/D fares with opm and don't care about price.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Well, maybe these will be easier to GUC than expected.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keith2004
$500 each way for a thin, low door on a slightly wider 767 seat LMFAO, granted I haven't tried it yet, but its not even their best seat IMO.

A surge charge to fly the unique 1-1 upper deck 747 Delta One would have made more sense (GLAD they didn't do that)

I usually pay for J when I am in J so I will stick to 330 (favorite), 767 and 777 while its still non-suite, or fly on a Partner airline
If that had been the case, upper-deck D1 would have been the non-rev party bus.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Don't understand all the hype about Delta's A350's with their cramped Delta One suites, to be honest they are on my 'avoid flying' list. Space wise it's a downgrade from their 767's.

Look at this photo:

Marketing took a short & slim asian model for a reason but still....the seat width may be fine, however, look at his shoulder/left arm. Even with the suite opened that shell is making the trip miserable/very uncomfortable, especially when having dinner or writing/working (I'm left handed).
Now replace the slim and short asian guy with a tall EU guy that plays rugby. Ooh the joys....
A330's ftw
IndyHoosier and cplush like this.

Last edited by Grouchy; Aug 15, 2017 at 6:14 am
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
What a joke. $500 each way? There's an old saying about a fool and his money... If one of the ME3 gets wind of this then they just got a wonderful ad campaign laid at their feet.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The market will determine the price. Come back in a year.
+1 - This.

If people will pay it, it will survive. If people won't, the price will be cut. No different than any other aspect of air travel.

I also suspect that DL has done a lot more market research with its HVC corporate customers than the people here blustering about what they will and will not pay.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
+1 - This.

If people will pay it, it will survive. If people won't, the price will be cut. No different than any other aspect of air travel.

I also suspect that DL has done a lot more market research with its HVC corporate customers than the people here blustering about what they will and will not pay.
I'm puzzled why Delta would have any HVC's. Why sit in an inferior seat at a higher price than the competition?
DiverDave likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:29 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Marketing took a short & slim asian model for a reason but still....the seat width may be fine, however, look at his shoulder/left arm. Even with the suite opened that shell is making the trip miserable/very uncomfortable, especially when having dinner or writing/working (I'm left handed).
You could book the seat immediately in front or behind that one, or the corresponding seat on the other side of the plane.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by pvn
You could book the seat immediately in front or behind that one, or the corresponding seat on the other side of the plane.
I still have my both arms (and i guess most pax also have two)
DiverDave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.