Search

SkyClub or Centurion at SFO and SEA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
SkyClub or Centurion at SFO and SEA?

Have a J award next month, flying SFO-SEA-AMS-BIO-CDG-SEA-SFO.

Long layovers at SEA both ways.

Looks like the SkyClubs at SEA is fairly new and seems to be getting good reviews.

Never been in a Centurion Lounge though. I have both Amex Platinum and Chase Sapphire Reserve so Priority Pass lounges are also options.

But it sounds like SkyClub and Centurion Lounges at these airports would be the best choices?

I'm not sure about the layout for the terminals that DL flies out of at these airports. It's been awhile since I've taken DL TATL.

Presumably the SkyClub is near the gates where DL flights would arrive/depart but are the Centurion Lounges too far away to be options?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Generally I find Centurion Lounges superior to Sky Clubs. Can't speak to SEA. At SFO, the Centurion Lounge is two terminals over, and is post security... and the terminals are not linked airside. So it's a huge pain to use if you're flying DL.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hmm, thanks.

So Centurion Lounge is in Terminal 3, Boarding Area F near Gate 74, Level 2, Post-Security.

UA domestic flights are there but not international flights, which is the next terminal over. I'm also flying UA58, SFO-FRA, in August. Are the International terminal and Boarding Area F connected airside?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
SFO is one place where I actually think the Sky Club is nicer than the Centurion Club. The Centurion club has better wine. They both have good food. The design and feel and views from the Sky Club are exceptionally beautiful at the SFO club, and it is also much bigger and less cramped. The Centurion club is very crowded as it is in the United terminal and it is a big United hub.

When it was the old gross pre-security SC at SFO then it was worth going to the amex lounge, but not anymore.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, BW Gold
The Sky Club is much larger than the Cent Lounge. For drinks, Cent Lounge all the way.

If I was going to work, I'd probably go to the sky club since it'll have more space to get a seat.

Why not check both out on the way out? They're right next to each other.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shocksim
The Sky Club is much larger than the Cent Lounge. For drinks, Cent Lounge all the way.

If I was going to work, I'd probably go to the sky club since it'll have more space to get a seat.

Why not check both out on the way out? They're right next to each other.
Are you talking about at SEA? Because it doesn't sound like the lounges at SFO are near each other.

I thought Centurion offered food from some well known chef or something, rather than the typical buffets most lounges offer?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:35 pm

The Centurion Club in SEA is a Centurion Studio (aka Centurion Lite). It's much smaller and has less amenities than any of the other Centurion Clubs I have visited. It's not bad, but it's a stripped down version.

The SFO Centurion Club is always packed when I am there. The food is good, the wine selection is very good, but it's sometimes hard to secure seating. I often ask to share a table with a single because no open tables are available.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: Lots
At SEA the lounges are about a 2 minute walk from each other, at SFO they are in separate terminals. Drinks wise Centurion wins hands down. Food wise it's a matter of your personal taste. People rave about the SFO Skyclub food, I think it's mediocre at best. While they have make your own pho it's awful (imo) as compared to what you would get at a proper Vietnamese place. That being said Centurion at SFO has some god-awful smelling Brussels Sprouts dish that infiltrates the eating area. The rest of the food is much better than what you can get at DL lounge though.

SEA is a bit different as the Centurion Studi doesn't have proper hot food, just a salad station, some sandwich bites, soup and desserts. I think the salad options at the Sky Club are slightly better. When they had the mac and cheese I enjoyed that but the current pasta offering is a bit too institutional tasting for me.

With a long layover at SEA you'll have plenty of time to check them both out. I pick the Centurion every time.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks guys.

Do J tickets on DL also give me access to the KLM lounges at AMS or AF lounges at CDG?

Otherwise, I guess PP for those airports, if I have time.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by wco81
Do J tickets on DL also give me access to the KLM lounges at AMS or AF lounges at CDG?
Yes.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, BW Gold
Originally Posted by wco81
Are you talking about at SEA? Because it doesn't sound like the lounges at SFO are near each other.

I thought Centurion offered food from some well known chef or something, rather than the typical buffets most lounges offer?
Ha yea. Sorry thought I mentioned SEA somewhere.
I haven't had a chance to check the food out since they upgraded the SEA Centurion Studio to a true lounge with their addition.
​​​
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by shocksim
Ha yea. Sorry thought I mentioned SEA somewhere.
I haven't had a chance to check the food out since they upgraded the SEA Centurion Studio to a true lounge with their addition.
​​​
The Seattle studio is still not a full-fledged lounge. Limited food, no hot dishes (except for oatmeal in AM, soup during lunch/dinner time)
Old Jun 9, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by rowsign
The Centurion Club in SEA is a Centurion Studio (aka Centurion Lite). It's much smaller and has less amenities than any of the other Centurion Clubs I have visited. It's not bad, but it's a stripped down version.

The SFO Centurion Club is always packed when I am there. The food is good, the wine selection is very good, but it's sometimes hard to secure seating. I often ask to share a table with a single because no open tables are available.
The SEA centurion has been upgraded to a full club as far as I am aware.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by bostonbali
The Seattle studio is still not a full-fledged lounge. Limited food, no hot dishes (except for oatmeal in AM, soup during lunch/dinner time)
And it's still very full, while the new Delta SC is several times larger and doesn't get anywhere near as busy (at least the upper deck is usually quiet).
Old Jun 9, 2017, 12:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Looks like it was upgraded around March, though still lacks a kitchen.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/03/sea...nge-expansion/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.