Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SU fare class?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I have an itinerary that had to be rebooked after a nasty schedule change. The original booking classes were T, L, and X. After rebooking my receipt shows all legs booked under an S fare and since I cleared into C+, the website shows me currently in SU class. Since S is not eligible for EQM, should I be concerned or should I think the underlying fare codes are still there? I do see CPU Eligible on my legs, so I suppose that's a good sign. Just wat to make sure I am in the right order for the CPU and top of my EQM for the year.

Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I have an itinerary that had to be rebooked after a nasty schedule change. The original booking classes were T, L, and X. After rebooking my receipt shows all legs booked under an S fare and since I cleared into C+, the website shows me currently in SU class. Since S is not eligible for EQM, should I be concerned or should I think the underlying fare codes are still there? I do see CPU Eligible on my legs, so I suppose that's a good sign. Just wat to make sure I am in the right order for the CPU and top of my EQM for the year.

Thanks!
You're seated in C+ thus of course it'll show SU class. However that is only tge class you are booked in. Just like if you get upgraded to First you'll be in RU class. Doesn't change your paid fare class.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:46 pm

Gotcha; thanks.

I'm still a little worried about my receipt showing that I purchased an S fare; I guess I will call the PM desk tomorrow.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Gotcha; thanks.

I'm still a little worried about my receipt showing that I purchased an S fare; I guess I will call the PM desk tomorrow.
It's going to show that since you're booked in S. However the fare calculation line will show what fare you actually paid.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:09 pm

Thanks. I called the PM line today and the rep said she could see the underlying fare classes for all of my legs and none of them are S (I think she said K, X, and V) and that I should be ok for CPU and EQM accrual.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:40 am

Thanks. I called the PM line today and the rep said she could see the underlying fare classes for all of my legs and none of them are S (I think she said K, X, and V) and that I should be ok for CPU and EQM accrual.
Did you get your mileage credit for this trip? I had a similar situation recently, where I booked legs in "X" class originally, but then had a nasty schedule change. The new flights show on the receipt as SU. When Delta processed my trip, I didn't receive any mileage credit.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:03 am

Yes, in my case, I received proper credits for my flights during the normal processing window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.