Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Did Delta forget to put Delta One Lavs on 767-400

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did Delta forget to put Delta One Lavs on 767-400

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Jeff767
It's procedure for a LAV to be locked out before a crew member leaves the cockpit to use one. To do otherwise could cause a long delay before the pilot can return to the cockpit. As for the pilots wife complaint I have no idea what that would be about. Why would she simply not go use the lav. Makes no sense.
It was locked for the crew, she announced "oh I don't have to wait in line to use this I am the pilot's wife" stormed ahead of everyone else and used it.

I was fine with locking it for the pilots, but for their family members flying "non rev" OH HECK NO! Little Mrs "I am the Pilot's Wife" can stand in line like the rest of us!

(She also seemed to think she had personal Flight Attendants and otherwise was a PIA. I don't think everyone in the Business Cabin needed to really know that she was the pilot's wife, but we all did. )
Old May 23, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Swiss FC, OTOH, has only 1 lav for up to 8 pax, which is terrible.
Except that this is probably still one of the best ratios in the industry. I have never flown true IFC, so I don't know what the norm is, but most D1 cabins are 2 lavs for aprox 30-40 people, and I have never really had an issue with this (though I have never experienced a situation of the crew claiming one for themselves).

Do any DL a/c have a crew lav in the crew rest area?
Old May 23, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Except that this is probably still one of the best ratios in the industry. I have never flown true IFC, so I don't know what the norm is, but most D1 cabins are 2 lavs for aprox 30-40 people, and I have never really had an issue with this (though I have never experienced a situation of the crew claiming one for themselves).

Do any DL a/c have a crew lav in the crew rest area?
CX has 2 labs for 6 total seats.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: none
Originally Posted by SSF556
I ended up in a closet up front....
Note to Mods. Is this really a "must read"? Come on.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
CX has 2 labs for 6 total seats.
The four legged kind, or the scientist inside playing with chemicals kind?

Originally Posted by Allan38103
Note to Mods. Is this really a "must read"? Come on.
The front page of this site thrives on clickbait.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Except that this is probably still one of the best ratios in the industry. I have never flown true IFC, so I don't know what the norm is, but most D1 cabins are 2 lavs for aprox 30-40 people, and I have never really had an issue with this
Because, as you say, you have never flown true international first class, and you have never been in an IFC cabin with only one lavatory for eight passengers. Comparing that ratio to business class isn't particularly instructive.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
but most D1 cabins are 2 lavs for aprox 30-40 people
The best J ratio I've had so far was the VS 744 UD, with 2 lavs for 10 people (albeit shared with the pilots). Back OT, I dislike the 764 config enough that I actively try not to book it when any other (reasonable) option exists. I guess we'll see if the refit improves anything.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Because, as you say, you have never flown true international first class, and you have never been in an IFC cabin with only one lavatory for eight passengers. Comparing that ratio to business class isn't particularly instructive.
Ahh, I have been properly put in my place.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by bennos
The best J ratio I've had so far was the VS 744 UD, with 2 lavs for 10 people (albeit shared with the pilots). Back OT, I dislike the 764 config enough that I actively try not to book it when any other (reasonable) option exists. I guess we'll see if the refit improves anything.
I thought it was 1 lav for 10 on VS.

DL also had 2 lavs for 14.

The best ratio ever I would say is the residence on EY. (untill some wise ME3 ups the ante and decides you need 2 personal lavs)
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Funny you mention this, I did the exact same thing on a UA 764 last month. The f/a was amused and said it happens at least once a flight. Very odd design by Boeing.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The old SQ 747s had 12 IFC seats with 2 lavatories.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The old SQ 747s had 12 IFC seats with 2 lavatories.
CX 777 has 2 lavs for up to 6 IFC passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.