Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Arrivals Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pvn
Interesting, when I tried to get into the No 1 lounge in Feb as a Plat, I was turned away and sent to the Clubhouse (it was a long wait at the airport and I wanted to try both lounges). Dragon said that as per their contract they only let in DL Gold. Anyone know if she was right and if so, if this was a recent change?
Old May 12, 2018, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Delta Dude
Interesting, when I tried to get into the No 1 lounge in Feb as a Plat, I was turned away and sent to the Clubhouse (it was a long wait at the airport and I wanted to try both lounges). Dragon said that as per their contract they only let in DL Gold. Anyone know if she was right and if so, if this was a recent change?
Hmm, per the original 1-Jun-17 release you should have been able to.
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/program-resources/news-and-updates.htmlj
(scroll down to the 6/1 release under medallion updates.)
  • ​​​​​​​Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members traveling in Delta Main Cabin, Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy or Virgin Atlantic Economy cabin and passengers traveling in Delta One or Virgin Atlantic Upper Class are all eligible to access both the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse and No1 Lounges, Heathrow, both located in Terminal 3.
  • Gold Medallion Members traveling in Delta Main Cabin, Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy, or Virgin Atlantic Economy cabin are eligible to access No1 Lounges, Heathrow.
Old May 12, 2018, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
They allowed us to bring in one guest into the Revivals lounge, not sure why (I think because I'm Diamond?), and we paid for another guest. It was worth the 60 pounds (I think?) for all four of us to have a shower and light breakfast while waiting for our friends to arrive on other flights.

As for departing, we were allowed one guest into the Virgin Clubhouse. (for me being diamond, but no guest as business class), and a two guests into the other lounge, forget the name but it was an ok lounge and nice meals to order. Thanks everyone for your help
Got lucky on the arrivals lounge. DM definitely doesn't give you a +1 guest. Most times the price they ask is astronomical at that.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Do you collect your checked baggage prior to entering the Revivals lounge in LHR T3?
Old May 13, 2018, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Do you collect your checked baggage prior to entering the Revivals lounge in LHR T3?
Yes as it is after immigration and customs.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Non-status PAX flying D1 JFK-LHR then continuing on BA LHR-INV. Is there an arrivals lounge I can use?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Non-status PAX flying D1 JFK-LHR then continuing on BA LHR-INV. Is there an arrivals lounge I can use?
If you're flying business/Club on BA then you can use the Galleries (departure) lounges in T5.
If you're in economy on BA, then your only option will be the Virgin Revivals lounge in T3, but that will involve clearing immigration and going landside to the lounge. Then you'd have to take the Heathrow Express or Tube over to T5 for your BA flight. I probably wouldn't attempt this with at least a 2.5hr connection time (though really 3+ to be safe), although the passport control line will likely be the gating factor.

I don't know if DL interlines with BA (VS does), but if they don't and you're on separate tickets with checked bags, you'll have to do this anyway and take your bags over to T5 check-in.

Keep in mind that T5 has a "conformance" check - your boarding pass needs to be scanned before security or you'll be automatically offloaded from your flight and have to re-book, likely at your own expense (BA are sticklers) if this is separate tickets. Check the BA board, I'm not sure the exact cut-off for conformance. I think it's dynamic, but typically 35 minutes (may be less on certain connecting itineraries depending on departure gate)
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do you have one ticket or two?

I'm assuming that you'll enter the UK at LHR and at some point go landside to the terminal for your BA flight.

If you have two tickets, I don't think anyone at a lounge entrance would even know that you're not terminating at LHR, so it would look like a genuine arrival and qualify you for a lounge like any other passengers arriving in D1. In this case, you should expect that your luggage cannot be checked through across two tickets because BA isn't a partner of DL.

If it's one ticket, the question is whether the (arrivals lounge) lounge dragon will make a big deal of the fact that you have a connection. I'm assuming that your INV flight doesn't have a premium cabin, but if you're EXP with AA that fact should allow you to use the BA (or oneworld) lounges before your BA flight as a departing passenger.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Thanks much. Flying J on BA but it's intra-UK so I didn't think that qualified for lounge access. I'll look into that. Also appreciate the heads up on interlining - didn't even think about that.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm assuming that you'll enter the UK at LHR and at some point go landside to the terminal for your BA flight.
OP will only need to enter the UK/go landside if (1) he has to re-check bags because he's on separate tickets, (2) he wants to use the VS Revival lounge.

If you have two tickets, I don't think anyone at a lounge entrance would even know that you're not terminating at LHR, so it would look like a genuine arrival and qualify you for a lounge like any other passengers arriving in D1. <snip> If it's one ticket, the question is whether the (arrivals lounge) lounge dragon will make a big deal of the fact that you have a connection.
I can't imagine it matters, as long as you arrive LHR on an eligible ticket you should be able to go in. This certainly isn't an issue with BA or AA Arrival lounges at LHR, even for connecting passengers.

I'm assuming that your INV flight doesn't have a premium cabin, but if you're EXP with AA that fact should allow you to use the BA (or oneworld) lounges before your BA flight as a departing passenger.
BA did add J cabins back to intra-UK within the past year or two I believe, and I don't see anything on BA.com indicating that lounge access is excluded. That said, you astutely note the OP's EXP status (per his profile, which I didn't notice...). This would allow him access to the BA Galleries First class lounge in T5, regardless of class of service.
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Thanks much. Flying J on BA but it's intra-UK so I didn't think that qualified for lounge access. I'll look into that. Also appreciate the heads up on interlining - didn't even think about that.
Yes, if you are on two separate tickets, DL will not check your bag through to the BA flight to INV. You will have to collect it after immigration in T3 and transport it landside to T5 where you will check in with BA. My interlining point was really whether DL can sell you a ticket that includes a segment on BA. I know VS can sell a ticket that includes BA segments (although the fare rules typically restrict it to VS-operated and marketed flights), in which case the bag can be checked through to BA.

If you can do carry-on, I would just go through the Flight Connections Centre straight to T5 and use the BA F lounge. If you weren't able to check in online, there are BA desks somewhere along the FCC path. At a minimum have a printout of your itinerary with BA so you don't run into any issues getting on the bus to T5.

If you must check a bag (and thus go landside), I'd still probably lean toward skipping VS Revivals, really the only benefit there is there are more showers and less likely to be a wait than at BA.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Most legacy/full service carriers do interline with each other, so I'd be very surprised in DL and BA do not do so. However, IME this wouldn't necessarily mean that DL would sell a ticket with a BA segment, just that a travel agent could put the segments together on the same ticket and PNR so that one would be protected on connections and able to check bags through. However, this is a moot point if the OP has separate tickets/PNRs.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Got lucky on the arrivals lounge. DM definitely doesn't give you a +1 guest. Most times the price they ask is astronomical at that.
They wanted 30 quid for my wife (then a GM) to enter with me. We headed for central London instead.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
While by policy DL won't check through bags on separate tickets to BA, it doesn't mean they won't.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:35 am

So I have a "connection" in LHR in a few weeks. Flight one on DL to LHR connecting to AF to Paris (It's really two tickets... Grabbed the Business flight on the last skymiles flash and then purchased a cheap ticket to Paris)

I have about 4 hours between flights but would really prefer NOT to leave the "sterile" area. (I know that I can connect without clearing immigration etc.. I have done that before) I am on Business into LHR, but in coach out of LHR. Any chance I can access a SkyMiles lounge in LHR. (If not I have a Diner's club and I think they have lounges there, not sure about showers however) Status on DL is only gold

Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
So I have a "connection" in LHR in a few weeks. Flight one on DL to LHR connecting to AF to Paris (It's really two tickets... Grabbed the Business flight on the last skymiles flash and then purchased a cheap ticket to Paris)

I have about 4 hours between flights but would really prefer NOT to leave the "sterile" area. (I know that I can connect without clearing immigration etc.. I have done that before) I am on Business into LHR, but in coach out of LHR. Any chance I can access a SkyMiles lounge in LHR. (If not I have a Diner's club and I think they have lounges there, not sure about showers however) Status on DL is only gold

Thanks!
While you'd have plenty of time to leave the sterile area, if you don't want to your DL gold status and AF boarding pass (regardless of travel class) will get you into the skyteam lounge in T4 (where AF departs) which has showers. Note that when transiting at LHR, all passengers must reclear security (even though you won't have to clear passport control in your case). You'll also need to change terminals, (DL uses T3, AF uses T4) but this can be done using the airside transfer busses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.