Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Getting Delta boarding pass when flying a code share

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Sorry, I couldn't find an existing thread for this.

When flying a code share as first flight (AF) BUD-CDG, with next two flights on Delta, CDG-ATL-RDU, will I get boarding passes for all flights or just the first one, AF. I know there is a Delta connection desk at CDG. Will I need to stop there?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I've never had a problem printing all boarding passes for a SkyTeam itinerary.

I usually stop to get an updated boarding pass just in case, but you should be fine.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Jan 23, 2017 at 10:23 am
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:02 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I usually get my connecting boarding passes at the origin airport. But I reprint my boarding passes for domestic US flights once I arrive in the USA so that I can get TSA Pre Check (which doesn't show up on boarding passes printed by codeshare partners).
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:06 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I never had any luck with AF-issued BPs, so I just go directly to the counter and ask for a new BP with the DOCS OK mark (usually I'm connecting to an Intl' destination) instead of waiting for the gate agent to page me before boarding my connecting flight.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
You should get BPs for all flights, but will most likely need your doc verified.

At T2E, I have noticed the lines at the transfer desk at 8AM tends to be fairly long and it was in fact quicker to go to the gate and have the GA verify my documents. It'll have to be your call.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
I would take copies of your receipts/itineraries - just in case there is an issue.

I had this happen to me with a Delta to AeroMexico connection. DCA - ATL - MEX - SJO

DCA said I would get the AM boarding pass in ATL.

ATL said they didn't have it and we would get it in MEX.

Got to the transfer desk in MEX and nothing, turned into a HUGE fiasco with 11 people traveling.

So take your back up just in case.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
If you can get the DL PNR #, you can find the DL portion of your itinerary at DL.com. (+ the leg immediately preceding it your first DL leg, but that's not important here)

Once you find it at DL.com, you can check-in and get DL boarding passes.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 18sas
If you can get the DL PNR #, you can find the DL portion of your itinerary at DL.com. (+ the leg immediately preceding it your first DL leg, but that's not important here)

So I think you mean, check in with the other carrier normally (say Air France) and print a boarding pass. Then go to Delta and print boarding passes for the other segments? Did I follow you on that? Is that possible?

BTW, your post make me chuckle. It reminded me of: this.

Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

Last edited by zitsky; Jan 25, 2017 at 7:45 am Reason: A little humor.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Just flew home starting on KE at HAN (Hanoi) and got boarding passes for the next two DL flights. However when we tried to board at ICN they sent us to the check-in desk for new passes. Only took a minute or so and then got back on Sky Priority line. As mentioned by another poster, we got our boarding passes reprinted after dropping off the bags at DTW so that we would have Pre-check, which helped since our plane was 45 minutes late.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
Just flew home starting on KE at HAN (Hanoi) and got boarding passes for the next two DL flights. However when we tried to board at ICN they sent us to the check-in desk for new passes. Only took a minute or so and then got back on Sky Priority line. As mentioned by another poster, we got our boarding passes reprinted after dropping off the bags at DTW so that we would have Pre-check, which helped since our plane was 45 minutes late.
Is this a common problem on codeshare flights?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 18sas

No you can't. Itll direct you to checkin with AF. Checkin is always with the operating airline. In fact for CDG/AMS flights it should direct you to AF/KLM since they handle those flights on behalf of DL.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by zitsky
Is this a common problem on codeshare flights?
Can't remember how long it's been, so I can't help on that.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:04 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No you can't. Itll direct you to checkin with AF. Checkin is always with the operating airline. In fact for CDG/AMS flights it should direct you to AF/KLM since they handle those flights on behalf of DL.
It can be done for any DL-operated flight not departing from CDG/AMS.

This is what I usually do when flying CDG- USA - XXX
Once the check-in window for the USA - XXX flight, I go to DL.com, select the check-in option, enter the PNR, flight number, and departure airport, and DL.com sends me to the check-in process for their own flight. I can then print the DL-issued BP. If it's for a domestic flight, I am usually good to go, but if it's for an international flight, a stop at the counter or SkyClub is necessary, as the BPs don't have the DOCS OK mark and DL needs to verify the passport information for the next destination even if AF or KL cleared me during check-in.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
They used to make you wait till the OAL segment was flown before you could use the DL online system to get a BP FOR your connecting DL flight. If you had an AF/KLM/AZ flight as first segment then it should always refer you to the other airline. Of course if DL is your first flight then with exception of AMS/CDG you goto DL website.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
I'd do as much as possible to get the onward boarding pass at the originating airport, but it might not be possible.

In 2015 my wife and I had a similar itinerary as OP: BUD-CDG-JFK. First leg on AF, second on DL. We did not get BP for the CDG-JFK leg and it was a major hassle to get the BP at CDG.

You'd have to pay me a lot of money to fly through CDG again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.