Wiki Posts
Search

RDU-CDG to 767

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
One issue I'd consider is whether or not I need to connect at CDG or am terminating travel. With connections - I'd want (and pay) to be closer to the front of the plane in C+. Even with Sky Priority access, I've had some tight connections at that airport, so for $100 it's worth it to my piece of mind.
No connection thankfully - we'll be coming the other way, FCO - CDG (overnight) - RDU and then uber-ing home.

Just a matter of whether it's worth the $100 on the daytime flight, especially since it looks like it's been coming in at roughly 8:45 - 9:30 hours timewise.

I wish C+ had extras beyond just the seat / priority boarding (which isn't a big deal due to CC) on TATL though that $100 is still cheaper than E+ or MCE
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WWads
It's silly, but flying on a narrow-body TATL makes me feel uneasy deep down. I have similar feelings about flying on a 767 TPAC. In both cases, it just doesn't feel like there's 'enough plane' for the distance involved.
I've flown the JFK-ARN 757 route and I agree that the exit row at door 3 is about as good as any TATL exit seat (admittedly the two if us had an empty E seat so shoulder room in the 17" seats wasn't an issue, and my partner has skinny long legs and was fine with the slide in seat F). I find the 757 to feel plenty robust and capable for North Atlantic travel.

Now, 737s to Hawaii? Nope, not for me. I'd do a 757, but I'm glad DL offers a twin-aisle nonstop from MSP.

Still, for those of you in RDU, congrats. A 767 is a great step up IMO in comfort. No side-middles, the worst seats.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
On Tuesday we flew the CDG 757 from Atlanta. It was fine for the ATL flight but I do not want to fly that to Paris. Sorry, Delta. So glad they're moving to the 767^
Old May 26, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Any reports yet on the RDU-CDG, CDG-RDU 767 service? I have been flying the 75 since Oct every other few weeks (CDG-RDU only) and am looking forward to the 76 service. Flying back tomorrow and then RDU-CDG next week.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
Any reports yet on the RDU-CDG, CDG-RDU 767 service? I have been flying the 75 since Oct every other few weeks (CDG-RDU only) and am looking forward to the 76 service. Flying back tomorrow and then RDU-CDG next week.
Standard international D1 experience. Service and meals will be the same as the 757. Only difference is the seat, and the larger plane.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
I think today may have been the first day (I know it was sometime this week). As a 4-5 time/yr Europe traveler, this flight is going to be very nice, instead of double connections to some other European cities.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by HDQDD
I think today may have been the first day (I know it was sometime this week). As a 4-5 time/yr Europe traveler, this flight is going to be very nice, instead of double connections to some other European cities.
Service started yesterday and we've already got people on Facebook complaining about the narrow Business Class seats on the 767

I for one am glad for this up-gauge, but I didn't mind the 757 either
Old May 26, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
I for one am glad for this up-gauge, but I didn't mind the 757 either
Agreed on both counts. The 767 is a big improvement if in Y with a good chance for a "2" vs the 3-3 on the 757 and I for one prefer the all aisle access of the older 767 D1 for a TATL over the 2-2 on the 757
Old May 26, 2017, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
Agreed on both counts. The 767 is a big improvement if in Y with a good chance for a "2" vs the 3-3 on the 757 and I for one prefer the all aisle access of the older 767 D1 for a TATL over the 2-2 on the 757
Yeah direct aisle access is simply a must in J.
Old May 29, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PM, Hertz PC
I was on the flight on the second day. I used GUC's to upgrade to D1. When I arrived to gate, they were oversold and offering $2000 to take a later flight. I asked about it but was told the only option was late the next evening which was too late for my meeting. It kept rising and two people got off the plane for a $3500, yes you read that right, and a upgrade to D1 the next day.

Flight was normal D1. There was an issue with the starters on the menu though. Apparently RDU facilities cannot cater everything correctly so there are some substitutions. Crew apologized and said they have been reporting it.

I've done JFK-LAX and return on 767 in D1. This configuration is perfectly fine for a flight no longer than to CDG. I prefer the 330 or 777 but fine all the same. The plane itself was a little worn out but things were fine.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by Dlandrew
I was on the flight on the second day. I used GUC's to upgrade to D1. When I arrived to gate, they were oversold and offering $2000 to take a later flight. I asked about it but was told the only option was late the next evening which was too late for my meeting. It kept rising and two people got off the plane for a $3500, yes you read that right, and a upgrade to D1 the next day.
$3500 for a Y VDB and a D1 upg? I'd have been all over that. Might've had to call in late to my meeting.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HDQDD
$3500 for a Y VDB and a D1 upg? I'd have been all over that. Might've had to call in late to my meeting.
Yeah wow. That's basically a free TATL D1 upgrade plus a free RT TATL J ticket (or potentially TPAC during a good sale).
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:33 pm

Back to 757

Looks like the 767 service was just seasonal. I am flying in September and it is back to a 757.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by ctkittinger84
Looks like the 767 service was just seasonal. I am flying in September and it is back to a 757.
That's disappointing for RDU. If RDU-CDG can't support a wide-body year-round, then DL certainly is not starting RDU-LHR anytime soon. Not without a mass defection of corporate contracts anyway.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ctkittinger84
I don't think it was ever loaded as anything but seasonal...
​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.