Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta One Chinese Meal

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
I'll be flying DTW-PVG Delta One in early November.

Sounds like the Chinese meals are nothing great but are pre-ordered Chinese meals any better than what's on the menu or the same thing?

Wonder if I should just be adventurous and see what awaits me on the menu.

At least I was fortunate enough to snag 7A on the 777 (after my 747 flight switched to a 777 -- big bummer on that one).
Even if you pre-order it there's nothing requiring that you actually take it. Normally there's a need for extra Chinese meals on these flights for those that don't pre-order.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Even if you pre-order it there's nothing requiring that you actually take it. Normally there's a need for extra Chinese meals on these flights for those that don't pre-order.

Thanks...maybe I'll go ahead and pre-order then. Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:41 pm

the chinese menu is NOTHING close to the japanese menu they offer in/out of narita. just get your seat closer to the front so they don't run out of food too early.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by frankflieslots
the chinese menu is NOTHING close to the japanese menu they offer in/out of narita. just get your seat closer to the front so they don't run out of food too early.
Thanks. Japanese has always been great. My return is NRT-ATL and have pre-ordered on that one already.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the Chinese meal on LAX-PVG. Or, part of it, anyway.

They confirmed after boarding, yes Mr. Stern. Chinese meal for you. Great.

App comes - fine (same app for any meal? I think so - called "Settling In").

Slaw comes.

Entree comes.

No soup. No pickles.

I ask. FA checks and confirms, soup is the same as the regular soup (even though the descriptions are definitely different; similar, but still distinctly different).

Pickles, you ask? Supposedly interwoven into the bok choy with main entree. NOT. They aren't even listed with the entree - they're a Starter. In any event, the bok choy had no pickles embedded in it - unless it was done covertly by the NSA.

Entree wasn't bad.

On the way home, I slept through it all.

Overall, the food was OK, but the whole experience is so much worse than just about any Asian carrier's business class that it's not even comparable. Other end of the spectrum from, say, Cathay or JAL.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Can anybody comment on or provide a recent menu for the Chinese meal PEK – DTW in J on the A350?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL, HH
[QUOTE=DeltaFan4Now;29478227]
Can anybody comment on or provide a recent menu for the Chinese meal PEK – DTW in J on the A350?
[/]

Here is my meal from 2 weeks ago on this flight. I forget what the main course was, but the starting dish I got a pic of. It was decent. You can pre-order the Chinese and if you don't like that days option just ask for a western meal.
​​​​​​​

Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
[QUOTE=Striple;29479010]
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
[/]

Here is my meal from 2 weeks ago on this flight. I forget what the main course was, but the starting dish I got a pic of. It was decent. You can pre-order the Chinese and if you don't like that days option just ask for a western meal.

​​​​​​​Thats the Chinese meal?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:03 am

[QUOTE=Striple;29479010]
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
[/]

Thank you! Looks interesting...
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Thats the Chinese meal?

I don't think that even Dullta would be as ignorant to think that being the Chinese meal. It must be a ["western"] meal served on a Delta flight to/from China.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by RealHJ
I don't think that even Dullta would be as ignorant to think that being the Chinese meal. It must be a ["western"] meal served on a Delta flight to/from China.
The Chinese meal (ex-DTW) that I ordered one time was actually really good. It was a lobster tail with a light sauce and white rice. There were great sides to go along with it. But on my flight ex-PEK, I passed on the Chinese meal because it didn't look appetizing at all -- kinda greasy looking.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Isn’t there a new Asian “chef” partner revamping the meals soon?

Please put Andrea “wine consultant who only knows Chardonnay as a white wine” and Michelle Bernstein out to pasture
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
The Chinese meal (ex-DTW) that I ordered one time was actually really good. It was a lobster tail with a light sauce and white rice. There were great sides to go along with it. But on my flight ex-PEK, I passed on the Chinese meal because it didn't look appetizing at all -- kinda greasy looking.
In general I find that's true. The DL food has gotten considerably better as of late, but it's kind of hit and miss. It can be really quite good, or really odd tasting and just...not good at all. Lately I've gotten one or the other, and not much in-between (a part of it may be personal taste).
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Striple
​​​​​​​Thats the Chinese meal?

Originally Posted by RealHJ
No true Chinese meal would have a fresh salad
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
It's my concern that ex-PEK would be somewhat less appetizing than some others, which is why I was inquiring. Thank you for this information! The comment and photo provided by Striple about his meal suggested it was ex-PEK... Hopefully it will be a "good" day when I travel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.