Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ND76
List of Airports and Checkpoint Locations: https://clearme.com/where-we-are

ATL - Main and South Checkpoints
AUS - Checkpoint 1
BWI - Checkpoint B/C/D/and E
CLE - Pre-Check Entrance (Center of Terminal)
DAL - Main Checkpoint
DCA - Terminal A: Checkpoint; Terminal B/C: South/North/Center Checkpoints
DEN - North and South Chekpoint
DFW - E16 Security Checkpoint
DTW - McNamara and North Terminal Checkpoints
HOU - Main Checkpoint
HPN - Main Checkpoint
IAD - Main Terminal Checkpoint
IAH - Terminal A South Checkpoint
JFK - T4 Sky Priority/Pre-Check
LAS - T1: A/B/C/D Checkpoints; T3: E Checkpoint
LAX - T2/T3/T4/T6/T7 Checkpoints only
LGA - Terminal A/C/and D checkpoints only
MCO - East and West Checkpoints
MIA - Concourse E and H checkpoints only
MSP - T1 North and South Checkpoint
SAT - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SEA - Checkpoints 2/3/4/and 5
SFO - T1: Checkpoints B and C; T2: Checkpoint; T3 Checkpoints F1,F2, and F3; International Terminal: Checkpoints A and G
SJC - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SLC - T2 Checkpoint only

Registration link: https://delta.clearme.com/

Once registered to complete enrollment bring one state approved ID to the enrollment center. You will need a valid, unamended US passport or passport card, US-issued Permanent Resident Card, a valid US driver's license, state-issued photo ID card, or a military ID. Once your identity is verified, they will scan your finger prints and get a picture of your iris.

This process takes about 5-7 minutes and can be done before a flight.

Costs:
  • Diamond Medallion® members: Complimentary
  • Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion members: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • Delta AMEX primary card holders: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • General SkyMiles Members: $119 per year ($99 for those signed up before April 2019)

Keep in mind Family add-on fee is just $50

You may also wish to peruse this thread in the Trusted Travelers forum: Is CLEAR worth $179 a year? (it goes beyond the question in the title, the answer to which is obviously "no" given the above pricing )

Former CLEAR members:

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Give them a call to reactivate and give them your SkyMiles number. You shouldn't have to redo the biometrics.

https://clearme.com/faq -> click on "Former CLEAR Members"
From their FAQ: "We will honor any time that you have remaining on your CLEAR account. This time will be credited to you once you have reactivated your account."

Print Wikipost

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was in a hurry last week and running late, and I saw the Clear reps, but they seemed engrossed in a customer, so I skipped it. Went to TSA Pre, maybe three people in line - I got through before the passenger who was with the Clear reps.

I'm still not sure I've saved the time I spent signing up. I'm sure one day there will be an insane line at a TSA Pre checkpoint, but it's luckily just not happening to me.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Last 4 trips thru ATL, there's been a decent Pre line, yet I've skated thru Clear in under 2 minutes. Gonna miss it when I drop from DM next year.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Cool.

ATL CLEAR line has been pretty bad recently. They stop entry and let some of the line from Pre-Check clear up and get shorter. Then feed you in some more. Kind of frustrating.
A client of mine had the same issue at ATL last week. If the lines at precheck are becoming an issue because there are too many people in the line they should limit giving precheck to people with a paid TTN instead of holding up the clear line that is travellers who have paid for the benefit and flyers who know what they are doing and aren't causing a back up at the xray belt (i.e. they all know Precheck doesn't exempt things like water bottles and things like cell phones still have to go on the belt).
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
A client of mine had the same issue at ATL last week. If the lines at precheck are becoming an issue because there are too many people in the line they should limit giving precheck to people with a paid TTN instead of holding up the clear line that is travellers who have paid for the benefit and flyers who know what they are doing and aren't causing a back up at the xray belt (i.e. they all know Precheck doesn't exempt things like water bottles and things like cell phones still have to go on the belt).
I don't think it is that. It's a combo of things.

1 - The 'auto bins'. They are just slow. Terribly slow. It gets backed up even when there are clearly people there that know the rules. Even joke with people every single time that we are just standing here waiting and nothing is happening.

2 - Two lines only. However pre-check feeds in a LOT of people at the main line. A lot. This creates an issue when you are now feeding in a line of CLEAR people. That are skipping to the front.

It's just bad and poorly planned.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
I don't think it is that. It's a combo of things.

1 - The 'auto bins'. They are just slow. Terribly slow. It gets backed up even when there are clearly people there that know the rules. Even joke with people every single time that we are just standing here waiting and nothing is happening.

2 - Two lines only. However pre-check feeds in a LOT of people at the main line. A lot. This creates an issue when you are now feeding in a line of CLEAR people. That are skipping to the front.

It's just bad and poorly planned.
I know this will never happen but it would be nice if they had a dedicated Clear lane at the HUB's that have a lot of clear traffic. It wouldn't be causing chaos with the regular pre lane and people with clear would be getting through screening a lot easier since anyone with Clear is a frequent flyer who is aware of all the rules.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by josephstern
I was in a hurry last week and running late, and I saw the Clear reps, but they seemed engrossed in a customer, so I skipped it. Went to TSA Pre, maybe three people in line - I got through before the passenger who was with the Clear reps.

I'm still not sure I've saved the time I spent signing up. I'm sure one day there will be an insane line at a TSA Pre checkpoint, but it's luckily just not happening to me.
Just fly out of LGA Terminal C some day. You'll see the time savings when you cut past 30-50 people in Pre-check, all wondering how you got past them. I had one person call me a "Pre-Check VIP" when I was able to rush by everyone for a flight departing in 25 minutes (would have almost certainly missed my flight if it wasn't for clear)
hortkie likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Last 4 trips thru ATL, there's been a decent Pre line, yet I've skated thru Clear in under 2 minutes. Gonna miss it when I drop from DM next year.
I've found the 79 dollar fee to be well worth it (unless you are losing all Delta status next year). Especially if you have a "can't miss meeting" and are saved literally by Clear
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
I've found the 79 dollar fee to be well worth it (unless you are losing all Delta status next year). Especially if you have a "can't miss meeting" and are saved literally by Clear
+1 If I drop to PM in 2019 I'll just pay the fee. Well worth it for people who fly out of HUBs at peak times frequently.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: DL Dia, KM, 2MM, Hilton Dia, Natl Emer Exec. Avis Pres.
DEN CLEAR line is the same way as LGA - awesome

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Just fly out of LGA Terminal C some day. You'll see the time savings when you cut past 30-50 people in Pre-check, all wondering how you got past them. I had one person call me a "Pre-Check VIP" when I was able to rush by everyone for a flight departing in 25 minutes (would have almost certainly missed my flight if it wasn't for clear)
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I know this will never happen but it would be nice if they had a dedicated Clear lane at the HUB's that have a lot of clear traffic. It wouldn't be causing chaos with the regular pre lane and people with clear would be getting through screening a lot easier since anyone with Clear is a frequent flyer who is aware of all the rules.
They actually did this in ATL for a few days when they were reconfiguring all the lines and it worked GREAT. Too bad it didn't stick.

However, I will say that there is still the occasional clueless person in a CLEAR lane. Whenever I'm leaving ATL there seem to be a dozen or so people getting sucked into the signup stations in the south hallway...especially when the general and PreCheck lines are snaking all over the place. Makes me wonder how many people forget to cancel their free trials.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, National EE
Are the Clear Reps still setup in the MSP F/G Skyclub? I signed up online but still need to finish the process. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Speedbird219
Are the Clear Reps still setup in the MSP F/G Skyclub? I signed up online but still need to finish the process. Thanks in advance!
Well.. there is an enrollment center out by the front doors, so you can take advantage of it when you get there if you want
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, National EE
Perfect thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Speedbird219
Perfect thanks!
Anytime
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Have any DMs successfully renewed CLEAR for free? I got the message today that my membership expired so I clicked the renew button online. Without even a confirmation screen I got charged $179. I tried to call, but there's a really long line to get through. I cancelled online - hopefully they process a full refund. Just trying to figure out how to get renewed without paying for it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.