Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ND76
List of Airports and Checkpoint Locations: https://clearme.com/where-we-are

ATL - Main and South Checkpoints
AUS - Checkpoint 1
BWI - Checkpoint B/C/D/and E
CLE - Pre-Check Entrance (Center of Terminal)
DAL - Main Checkpoint
DCA - Terminal A: Checkpoint; Terminal B/C: South/North/Center Checkpoints
DEN - North and South Chekpoint
DFW - E16 Security Checkpoint
DTW - McNamara and North Terminal Checkpoints
HOU - Main Checkpoint
HPN - Main Checkpoint
IAD - Main Terminal Checkpoint
IAH - Terminal A South Checkpoint
JFK - T4 Sky Priority/Pre-Check
LAS - T1: A/B/C/D Checkpoints; T3: E Checkpoint
LAX - T2/T3/T4/T6/T7 Checkpoints only
LGA - Terminal A/C/and D checkpoints only
MCO - East and West Checkpoints
MIA - Concourse E and H checkpoints only
MSP - T1 North and South Checkpoint
SAT - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SEA - Checkpoints 2/3/4/and 5
SFO - T1: Checkpoints B and C; T2: Checkpoint; T3 Checkpoints F1,F2, and F3; International Terminal: Checkpoints A and G
SJC - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SLC - T2 Checkpoint only

Registration link: https://delta.clearme.com/

Once registered to complete enrollment bring one state approved ID to the enrollment center. You will need a valid, unamended US passport or passport card, US-issued Permanent Resident Card, a valid US driver's license, state-issued photo ID card, or a military ID. Once your identity is verified, they will scan your finger prints and get a picture of your iris.

This process takes about 5-7 minutes and can be done before a flight.

Costs:
  • Diamond Medallion® members: Complimentary
  • Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion members: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • Delta AMEX primary card holders: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • General SkyMiles Members: $119 per year ($99 for those signed up before April 2019)

Keep in mind Family add-on fee is just $50

You may also wish to peruse this thread in the Trusted Travelers forum: Is CLEAR worth $179 a year? (it goes beyond the question in the title, the answer to which is obviously "no" given the above pricing )

Former CLEAR members:

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Give them a call to reactivate and give them your SkyMiles number. You shouldn't have to redo the biometrics.

https://clearme.com/faq -> click on "Former CLEAR Members"
From their FAQ: "We will honor any time that you have remaining on your CLEAR account. This time will be credited to you once you have reactivated your account."

Print Wikipost

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2016, 12:19 pm
k2

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Oddly, if you are also a Nexus member, not only can't your renew GE (why would you want to) but the system is smart enough to not send the email. For those unfamiliar, Nexus is the Canadian version of GE, and the systems are reciprocal.
These days Nexus sends an email reminder 6-months before expiration, which appears to be the same for any Trusted Traveler membership. This wasn't true ~5 years ago which I learned the hard way after crossing the bridge and having the nice Canadian agent inform me my card had (recently) expired and that she'd be holding onto it for safe keeping... doh!
Old May 17, 2016, 12:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Anyone know an. Estimated roll out date?
I just did an online chat with a CLEAR customer service rep via their web site.

The salient details are
- there is no new info for now, "it will be a couple of weeks before we know more"
- there is no mailing list or anything to be notified, which seems like a marketing fail but shrug. Anyway I assume DL will send something out when the time comes...
Old May 17, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
*IF* Clear were to come to DCA this would actually help with Pre-Check since in DC we have so many people who use Pre-Check. Often the Pre-Check line is just as long as the regular line.

With that said at other airports I find I rarely wait in a long line for pre-check. At MSY last week I was the only person in Pre-Check. I find this to be the case at many smaller airports. It would have to be heavily discounted for this PM to find value in a membership.
I fail to see how it helps overall.

The ID checker is never the bottleneck. They just slow play the line to keep from having too may between them and the scanning lines.

So all we are really talking about is paid line jumping within Pre.

If you consider that is "good", fine. But let us call it what it is. Could as well be slip the guy a twenty and cut in front.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:17 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by exwannabe

The ID checker is never the bottleneck. They just slow play the line to keep from having too may between them and the scanning lines.

If you consider that is "good", fine. But let us call it what it is. Could as well be slip the guy a twenty and cut in front.
The precheck line is a mile long in ATL on Monday mornings. It'd be nice to bypass that entire line and move straight to the front of the precheck line. I'll continue to use my 488 remaining days with clear once they come back to ATL! Looking forward to it. I paid for a year and got a free year from Marriott before they went belly up.
Old May 20, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat75, MR Plat, UA Silver, GE/NEXUS
Originally Posted by mtftw
They also have a discount of $60/year for anyone with a Visa Signature credit card, which makes the price a very palatable $120 annually.
The Visa Signature partnership dissipated some time in the recent past and they no longer provide a discount (even though its still advertised in places, like Wells Fargo's Visa Signature page). I confirmed this with @clear on Twitter. The best I've found lately is 3 months free and/or $149/yr vs the standard $179. Here's to hoping I get a discount now that I've dropped to PM.
Old May 22, 2016, 10:37 am

Well, how about this -

My last meeting in AUS ends at 5:30p tomorrow and I should arrive at the airport at 6:05p. There's an AA departure at 6:25p that CLEAR would allow me to make. Unfortunately, I didn't realize AUS had CLEAR, so I booked a WN flight at 7p. Stupid me.

Moral of the story, had I known AUS had CLEAR, I'd be flying out in AA F, instead I'm flying WN Y on a 737-500.

Last time I neglect to check CLEAR's page and see where they operate.

Jamie
Old May 22, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by jfulcher
The precheck line is a mile long in ATL on Monday mornings. It'd be nice to bypass that entire line and move straight to the front of the precheck line. I'll continue to use my 488 remaining days with clear once they come back to ATL! Looking forward to it. I paid for a year and got a free year from Marriott before they went belly up.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if DL DMs get Clear for free (and others get it at a discount), then the Clear line at ATL will not be short for that long (once it reopens).
Old May 22, 2016, 3:15 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
When everyone is special - no one is special.
Old May 22, 2016, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zorak
I just did an online chat with a CLEAR customer service rep via their web site.

The salient details are
- there is no new info for now, "it will be a couple of weeks before we know more"
- there is no mailing list or anything to be notified, which seems like a marketing fail but shrug. Anyway I assume DL will send something out when the time comes...
Can't wait for the lines to be clogged like PC soon.
Old May 23, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by bennos
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if DL DMs get Clear for free (and others get it at a discount), then the Clear line at ATL will not be short for that long (once it reopens).
Why not make it a Delta 360 benefit and then offer a 50% and 25% for the DMs and PMs? At least that way it actually makes DL360 worth something and Clear rolling at the speed it does today.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Seems to be just a matter of time..

As if Clear didn't make it any more obvious about there intentions, the career spots are open..

http://prntscr.com/b9h38m
http://prnt.sc/b9h3u9
http://prnt.sc/b9h41o
http://prnt.sc/b9h4ru

Can't wait!

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; May 28, 2016 at 9:24 am Reason: Images wont load.. WHY? Well, heres some links to the screenshots..
Old May 28, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
If I have this correct, Clear jumps to the front of Pre.

So if there is any line at all for Clear, then Pre just does not move at all. Just waits all day for Clear to empty.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
If I have this correct, Clear jumps to the front of Pre.

So if there is any line at all for Clear, then Pre just does not move at all. Just waits all day for Clear to empty.
I think Clear only takes you to the front of Pre if you are Pre-eligible already. If not, Clear gets you to the front of a regular line.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:56 pm

Got Free Clear via Delta today.

Clear sent me an email today in which it stated that Delta Diamonds could now receive Clear for free. The link Clear sent for the Delta signup didn't work, but when I got to the Clear station at SFO, the "Clear Ambassador" called a supervisor at Clear and finished the process.

It's evident that Clear's Delta Medallion signup system has a few kinks, because it took 30 minutes before they could make sure my credit card wouldn't be charged.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by zackwheat
Clear sent me an email today in which it stated that Delta Diamonds could now receive Clear for free. The link Clear sent for the Delta signup didn't work, but when I got to the Clear station at SFO, the "Clear Ambassador" called a supervisor at Clear and finished the process.

It's evident that Clear's Delta Medallion signup system has a few kinks, because it took 30 minutes before they could make sure my credit card wouldn't be charged.
Txs. Created a WIKI with what I know so far... anyone can edit once they know more. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.